Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM Audit Update
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM Audit Update

HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

SolusVM Security Audit – Update

We have completed our own internal audit of SolusVM and have released a number of updates in this regard. The current release versions (both release and beta) address all known issues relating to security.

The external audit is now under way by our chosen auditors, CNS Group – http://www.cnsgroup.co.uk/. Due to the nature of such audits, we don’t have an official ETA as to when this will be completed as yet however indications lead us to believe the audit will be completed by the second week in August.

Just to keep customers updated and aware, should any issues be found during the course of this audit we will rectify the problem and release and update immediately.

Thank you for your continued custom and patience

http://blog.soluslabs.com/2013/07/29/solusvm-security-audit-update/

Comments

• I was just wondering when there would be an update since i checked the blog today and saw new KVM templates etc but no audit updates.

• @GetKVM_Ash said:
    I was just wondering when there would be an update since i checked the blog today and saw new KVM templates etc but no audit updates.

The KVM updates came quite a while ago.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited July 2013

Templates were updated due a issue on the installation process not a security issue.

• "July 23, 2013" Not that long ago :)

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

Their KVM template system seems kind of rough around the edges to me. I've been struggling with some of it's limitations/inconsistencies.

I get the impression they don't have a lot of customers using KVM yet. If they did I would have expected a lot of these things would have been fixed by now.

• AsimAsim Member

@sman as a KVM user, I prefer ISO installs, Hate the SolusVM-KVM-templating system

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

@Asim said:
    sman as a KVM user, I prefer ISO installs, Hate the SolusVM-KVM-templating system

It depends on what you are doing I guess. For me it just takes too long. So much easier and faster to have a pre-configured template....when it works.