Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

mpkossenmpkossen Member
edited February 2015 in General

As part of our commitment to improve LowEndTalk, this is now the official place to share your feedback and suggestions for LET. Anything from reporting minor bugs to sharing new ideas is welcome here. We're not guaranteeing that everything will be done, but we would like to hear from you!

Please keep feedback and suggestions constructive. The Cest Pit is for venting.

Thanked by 1rdnelson

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I'd like to implement a poll plugin so there can be voting. Thoughts?

Anyone have any experience with https://github.com/hgtonight/DiscussionPolls ?

Thanked by 1HC_Ro
  • MrObviousMrObvious Member
    edited July 2013

@jbiloh said:

Anyone have any experience with https://github.com/hgtonight/DiscussionPolls ?

-nvm- thought the voting plugin was polls :(

• @jbiloh said:

I like that! We had polls back over at Vanilla, would love to have them here as well :-)

Yeah, we should probably do that as well. But I believe we're back to manual approval now, @Liam?

• Jon Biloh for the president!

I know this is probably a stretch, but does anyone know how threads in certain categories were previously set to auto sink? I can't find an option for is in the dashboard and I can't seem to find a plugin that offers that functionality.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@jbiloh - IIRC it's part of the default vanilla install. Click the drop down next to the thread on the category listing. On that drop down is a "sink" button.

@rm_ is that still the behavior today? LET has gone through a few different versions/hosted/oss since that post was created.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Yes it is.

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 02:31:31 +0000
    X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.1 (phpmailer.sourceforge.net)

thuvienvps commented on Torqhost - 30% off monthly and annually with coupon code SUMMER

Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/292797#Comment_292797

Have a great day!

Ok I'll look into that today.

• Bring back the who's online list..

• Can the thread page automatically play Imperial March wherever @jbiloh appears?

Just joking, what about personalised post time? Users can set timezone in the settings, and all page times show in the timezone specified.

The WhosOnline plugin is broken in this version of Vanilla. We're working to fix it though, nearly there in fact.

I'll look into that suggestion @sundaymouse and for the record, I'm not Darth Vadar, we leave that job for Alex. :)

Thanked by 1Epidrive
  • awsonawson Member

What about allowing OpenID signin/registration?

Also, your password reset emails are ending up in Google's spam folder.

Delivered-To: [email protected]
    Received: by 10.58.229.199 with SMTP id ss7csp37371vec;
            Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:25:38 -0700 (PDT)
    X-Received: by 10.224.127.73 with SMTP id f9mr28684834qas.4.1373473538441;
    Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    Received: from LET.lowendnetwork.com ([108.174.48.102])
            by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id y16si9152904qef.61.2013.07.10.09.25.38
            for <[email protected]>
            (version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
    Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 108.174.48.102 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=108.174.48.102;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
           spf=neutral (google.com: 108.174.48.102 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
    Received: from www-data by LET.lowendnetwork.com with local (Exim 4.72)
        (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
        id 1UwxCz-0004Ol-7i
        for [email protected]; Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:25:37 +0000
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [LowEndTalk] Password Reset Request
    X-PHP-Originating-Script: 33:class.phpmailer.php
    Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:25:36 +0000
    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.1 (phpmailer.sourceforge.net)
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Someone has requested to reset your password at LowEndTalk. To reset your p=
    assword, follow this link:=0A=0A  http://www.lowendtalk.com/entry/passwordr=
    eset/nope/nope=0A=0AIf you did not make this request, disregard this ema=
    il.

I've enabled OpenID. Please let me know if you see any problems.

Thanked by 1awson

Wiki is back online, fixing the bugs now.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

I would like my full emails back. From the topics I posted yesterday:

Maounique commented on Joepie91 got a FBI/HTCU raid...

Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/294415#Comment_294415

Have a great day!

• Could you add something like a creditbutton? So we can 'moderate' posts? Spotlight = +2, On-Topic = +1, Normal = 0, Off-Topic = -1.

• @DennisdeWit said:
    Could you add something like a creditbutton? So we can 'moderate' posts? Spotlight = +2, On-Topic = +1, Normal = 0, Off-Topic = -1.

That'd be the reaction plugin, which is broken on this version if I remember right :(

edited July 2013

We made more CSS changes today and we've got it almost perfect.

We widened the content area (reducing the width of the right side column), fixed the visuals around the LEB/WIKI pocket and made a few other visual improvements.

This week we'll also fix the remaining missing content in the Wiki, get WhosOnline back and fix any final issues.

• Can you try to get the flag and thanks buttons working on the mobile site? They don't show up on the mobile theme.

• Sent a new file to Jon, removing the unneeded thread titles now (since I somehow forgot about them). Anybody else notice anything out of the ordinary that I need to fix up?

@Magiobiwan I can take a stab at the mobile theme, was already considering making it green rather than blue :P

Do you think we should bold the thread title here: Home › General › Feedback & Suggestions

Perhaps making it a bit more noticeable?

• Pin it perhaps? It keeps sinking.

Thanked by 1MrObvious
  • @jbiloh said:
    Do you think we should bold the thread title here: Home › General › Feedback & Suggestions

Perhaps making it a bit more noticeable?

Sure, just find <span itemprop="title">{$Title}</span> in views/default.master.tpl and change it to <span style="font-weight: bold;" itemprop="title">{$Title}</span>

Do you agree that bold might be the way to go?

is how the result is, I don't mind either way really.

• The threadtitle is already written in bold below the breadcrumbs, no need to make it bold 2 times

Thanked by 1jbiloh
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    The threadtitle is already written in bold below the breadcrumbs, no need to make it bold 2 times

That's being removed as soon as Jon uploads a new file.

This discussion has been closed.