Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which provider allows TOR Relay?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which provider allows TOR Relay?

Which provider on here allows TOR relay?
Would like to play with that a bit

Also, i have no idea how much ram and disk a tor relay needs
Anyone can explain me that a bit? xD

Comments

• We allow TOR Relays, see sig.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

We do, just don't hit the disk / CPU really hard and there should be no problems

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

We also generally allow TOR relays.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

We allow tor relays. Most of the time isn't that big of a deal.

• @SkylarM is the 100mbps unmetered for $5 extra truly unmetered?

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited May 2013

@joodle said:
    SkylarM is the 100mbps unmetered for $5 extra truly unmetered?

The node itself is on a 1Gbps link. As it isn't a dedicated 100mbps unmetered, I cannot guarantee anything, but feel free to use it like you stole it ;) (have a tor relay guy that used ~20TB of data last month, no issues with him!)

• @SkylarM that's awesome :)

Just purchased a VPS @ you, i can always upgrade to the 100mbps unmetered right?

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited May 2013

@joodle said:
    SkylarM that's awesome :)

Just purchased a VPS @ you, i can always upgrade to the 100mbps unmetered right?

Of course. Just open a ticket and we can sort it out.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2013

Also, i have no idea how much ram and disk a tor relay needs Anyone can explain me that a bit? xD

You will need at least 512 MB of RAM (on OpenVZ can be 256 guaranteed + 256 burst). Less may work too, but Tor may die once every few days from running out of RAM.

In any case, put a /etc/crontab entry to do "/etc/init.d/tor start" every 5 minutes, this will resurrect Tor if it died from OOM or from any other reason (and will do nothing if it still runs).

Also unless the host CPU has AES acceleration and passes it to the VPS ("cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep aes"), prepare to be using a lot of CPU at high transfer speeds. Multiple cores aren't needed / won't help, the Tor process only uses 1 core.

• Yeah we allow TOR relay. All fine.