Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent Experience with WholesaleInternet/Nocix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recent Experience with WholesaleInternet/Nocix

shilenoshileno Member

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a Ryzen 3800X server from Wholesaleinternet, primarily for testing purposes but with the potential to transition it into production for a couple of VPS instances, mainly for web hosting.

Before making any decisions, I wanted to gather insights from those who have firsthand experience with these providers, particularly regarding network stability and uptime.

Comments

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

How's your test going?

If it's critical have disaster recovery plans in place.
    Always have backups. Backups if backups of your most important data
    RAID is not backup.
    Do a test drill to see how your DR plan goes through

Thanked by 1shileno
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 3

Doesn’t go down often, tends to go down for long periods of time when it does. Their network is mostly acceptable for US, though their exceptional amount of customers from China might imply otherwise, they’re just in it for cheap bandwidth. Personally I only use their network for staging.

Thanked by 1shileno
  • artxsartxs Member

I've used them for 2 years and the only outage was due to a severe thunderstorm in Kansas. Excellent support response time, and surprisingly they have excellent connection/peering to Asia, matches if not beats other "premium" providers with datacenters in LA touting Asia optimized routing. For example, ping to my 3800X in WSI from Singapore is only 25ms more than my server in LA.

Thanked by 2shileno hapkido
  • shilenoshileno Member

Thank you for the information.

As for hardware, at least I got lucky with the SSDs as both are new.

• artxsartxs Member

@shileno said:
    Thank you for the information.

As for hardware, at least I got lucky with the SSDs as both are new.

If you got the $40 server, you definitely got lucky. let me know if you ever decide to let it go.