Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorials for a Newbie .
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tutorials for a Newbie .

Now that i have bought a server could someone point me out to tutorials on how to get it up and running .

Comments

• @challapradyumna said:
    Now that i have bought a server could someone point me out to tutorials on how to get it up and running .

Since it's LE* so, http://www.lowendguide.com/

• any tutorials for KVM . How to install ubuntu / any linux in KVM . It is saying that no bootable disk.

• @challapradyumna said:
    any tutorials for KVM . How to install ubuntu / any linux in KVM . It is saying that no bootable disk.

Aren't there templates for that now?

• edited July 2013

@concerto49 All the options i have are Reboot , boot , shutdown ,VNC , VNC Password

Tagging @ShardHost

• Find "Reinstall" and pick your template.

• vanarpvanarp Member

@challapradyumna You need to go into the Control Panel (different from Client Area and usually called SolusVM) to be able to install OS on KVM. Also, you can submit a ticket to your host to install a particular OS if they disabled SolusVM due to the recent security threats.

• edited July 2013

Sorry for the mixup . Didn't read the emails they sent out of excitement .

• MikeInMikeIn Member

Such Problems Happens, in the Very beginning, But As always, Please Read the email you receive about such service/ any service in full, it for your help and saves a lot's of time. :)

• Unmount the ISO, and choose the "Hard Disk" for the first or the only boot option

• chrispchrisp Member

And please make sure you choose secure passwords for everything and read tutorials in full to understand what they will have done in the end. It saves you a lot of time reinstalling your server again and again.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

Check this out, on how to select the ISO to install
    http://wiki.crowncloud.net/doku.php/solusvm_kvm

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

Looks like he got it, he just didn't realize he had to do it from the CP.