Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edis / Waveride Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Edis / Waveride Down?

patpat Member
edited July 2013 in Help

Just purchased a VPS through Waveride.at. Their Solus panel seems to be down. No announcements in the WHMCS. Edis website is also down (503 Service Unavailable) http://www.edis.at/en/home/.

Is anyone else having issues? Thanks.

Comments

• :O Give them some time, they should be up shortly. :)

• patpat Member
    edited July 2013

@Jeffrey Alrighty :-) However, I really do expect Solus to be up and online unless otherwise noted on their site or whmcs announcements. Like you said, perhaps it's a temporary outage.

• rds100rds100 Member

The Solus is probably intentionally disabled for security reasons, as many other providers have done too.

• VicVic Member

503 here on edis.at, is your VPS itself accessible?

• MikeInMikeIn Member

maybe rolling out some kind of update...

• patpat Member
    edited July 2013

@rds100 said:
    The Solus is probably intentionally disabled for security reasons, as many other providers have done too.

Probably, but unless there's an announcement stating so I would expect it to be online.

@Vic Without accessing Solus and changing templates I can't do much of anything with the VPS. The FAQ states " Low pricing, but NO SUPPORT for software, routing requests, template requests, control panel installations and so on. "

• rds100 "The Solus is probably intentionally disabled for security reasons, as many other providers have done too."

pat "Probably, but unless there's an announcement stating so I would expect it to be online."

They emailed an announcement that SolusVM is disabled for security reasons until Solus finishes their audit. Updates are also on their Facebook page and and status pages
    http://status.edis.at/solusvm-panel-for-waveride-and-edis-customers-not-available-currently/

maybe rolling out some kind of update...

Maybe the web server just crashed and they'll fix it when they get into the office in the morning.

PS they'll be rolling out 2 new locations soon: Canada 4 weeks, India 10 weeks

• MikeInMikeIn Member

@DomainBop said:
    India 10 weeks

Lets see what they offer, maybe then I will buy one...
    And 1 thing to be seen is the Bandwidth price. Hope to get something better.

• patpat Member
    edited July 2013

@DomainBop -- Waveride operates as an EDIS subsidiary so it should state that Solus is unavailable on the Waveride website. I never received such a notification b/c I just registered/purchased earlier today.

As noted on their website, they offer no support. This means that it's impossible to re-install template(s) at the moment. I'll go ahead and request a refund. The site also states "Full root access and access to a SolusVM administration panel is granted." There's also no clause in the TOS that says SolusVM may be taken offline without notice. Therefore, this product is sold different as described.

• @pat I wouldn't go that far as to say that. Since SolusVM is down for security reasons, they would have to reinstall a template for you when you ask for one. Have you taken a look at the other large, oversold VPS's? http://overzold.com

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Jeffrey - Overzold != EDIS, Overzold = Prometeus

• @gbshouse - Waveride = EDIS Overzold = Prometeus

• As noted on their website, they offer no support. This means that it's impossible to re-install template(s) at the moment.

Contact them through the Waveride ticket system. From the announcement I linked to earlier in this thread:

Waveride: Please open a ticket for reinstalls/reboot etc. in the Waveride ticket systems. Please do not mail EDIS mail addresses.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2013

There was a problem on the machine hosting edis.at, this has no affected anything else.

As @rds100 said the Solus is intentionally disabled.

@DomainBop said:
    PS they'll be rolling out 2 new locations soon: Canada 4 weeks, India 10 weeks

No, this has been postboned (both) as the Canadian DC is now bankrupt and we move office soon as well, enough locations for now :)

• No, we only have a secondary one as well.