Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone need DropBox Referral?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone need DropBox Referral?

CoreyCorey Member
edited June 2012 in General

I am about to sign up with dropbox and I was wondering if anyone needed a referral?

Comments

• jhjh Member

Yes please: http://db.tt/3arBBQX6

• CoreyCorey Member

Done, if anyone wants to return the favor please do!

http://db.tt/UEWXVXBq

• jhjh Member

@Corey said: Done

Thanks!

• u4iau4ia Member

Just throwing this out there, I got 16gb worth of referrals added to my dropbox by purchasing a gig on fiverr.com. The sellers that do that use the google adwords trick to get you referrals.

• camargcamarg Member

@Jack said: I did you two

i think that you only get the referral bonus if someone installs dropbox after joining

• CoreyCorey Member

Yea I still only have 2GB

• CoreyCorey Member

I got 500mb for jhadely referring me :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

FYI, google ad for Dropbox referral is insanely rewarding. Did it with some old godaddy credit I had. Used to host with them religiously. Don't judge me.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

On a related note, for those of you who are post-secondary students, get yourselves set up as a student account. 500MB per referral instead of 250MB, and it applies retroactively.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited June 2012

@MrDOS said: On a related note, for those of you who are post-secondary students, get yourselves set up as a student account. 500MB per referral instead of 250MB, and it applies retroactively.

Now everyone gets 500MB too actually ;)
    EDIT: Perfectly no offense, I don't meant to be that.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I'll admit, when I got Dropbox I refered myself (insert max no of times) using an XP VM with a snapshot that I restored to and started over and a catch all email address.. it worked.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • I got 23GB extra for installing a Sense 4 custom ROM on my HTC. Then another 48GB extra when the ROM chef added the SGSIII dropbox into that. LOL

• @birdie25 said: I got 23GB extra for installing a Sense 4 custom ROM on my HTC. Then another 48GB extra when the ROM chef added the SGSIII dropbox into that. LOL

They'll find out sooner or later, tried that myself too. Got revoked after a while.
    Do own a galaxy s3 now, so I have the 2 years bonus legally now.

• CoreyCorey Member

@djvdorp I don't understand can you link that offer?

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

@klikli said: Now everyone gets 500MB too actually ;)

Aw man, really? I hope they up the student referral bonus to 750MB or something...

• @Corey said: @djvdorp I don't understand can you link that offer?

I think it is here: http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=62710

• RobertRobert Member

I just used google adwords myself to max out my referrals. It only took a few hours. Googel give out free credit all the time, so I was able to do myself, my other half, and brother and sister. I still had enough credit left to advertise a couple of real sites too!