Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy

DanielMDanielM Member
edited June 2012 in General

Hi

Does anyone have an idea how to setup a proxy server with authentication on linux (Squid like)

Already asked @onepound but sadly he didnt know :(

Before i get why etc its so i can bypass the FUP limits on my t-mobile mobile broadband stick. after you pass 1GB they block everything except http/https and some proxy ports. (And SSTP)

Comments

• Move SSH to port 443 and use it as a proxy.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited June 2012

i dont think its port blocking... i think its a little deeper.

Possibly DPI and a Firewall

• @DanielM said: i dont think its port blocking... i think its a little deeper.

Surely they'll allow corporate VPNs, right?
    Try moving OpenVPN onto 443, see if that works.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @ElliotJ said: Surely they'll allow corporate VPNs, right?

Try moving OpenVPN onto 443, see if that works.

Nope. And openVPN tcp sometimes works but its like a 10% success rate.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@DanielM said: Possibly DPI and a Firewall

I don't think its possible to DPI SSL encrypted traffic. Did you already give it a try?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: I don't think its possible to DPI SSL encrypted traffic. Did you already give it a try?

Yes i have tried that.

And like i said it only works like 10% of the time

Errors i get are Connection reset by peer etc

• Easy as pie.

!/bin/bash

user=$1
    thepath=$PWD
    apt-get update -y && apt-get upgrade -y
    apt-get install squid unzip apache2-utils -y
    cd /etc/squid
    squid -k shutdown
    rm squid.conf
    wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=4sy7CkAx -O squid.conf
    htpasswd /etc/squid/users_passwd $user
    /etc/init.d/squid start
    exit 0

• @DanielM said: And like i said it only works like 10% of the time

You said openVPN tcp connections get reset 10% of the time.

Anyway it might help to send keepAlive packets more often or to use their HTTP proxy (if they provide one)

• @gsrdgrdghd said: You said openVPN tcp connections get reset 10% of the time.

No i must have said it wrong. The chances of getting connected (And staying connected are 10%

• @DanielM said: No i must have said it wrong. The chances of getting connected (And staying connected are 10%

Yeah but my point was that you were refering to OpenVPN, not SSH

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Yeah but my point was that you were refering to OpenVPN, not SSH

lol. Yes i was. SSH is blocked 24-7

• @DanielM said: SSH is blocked 24-7

If everything else fails you can use those TCP-in-DNS solutions but i think they have a really limited bandwidth.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Managed to get squid going but i keep getting this

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test

The following error was encountered:

•Access Denied.
    Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.

although the AC is set fine

• 1q11q1 Member
    edited June 2012

You can combine standard HTTP proxy and OpenVPN. Basically you use HTTP proxy to connect to openvpn. Read the proxy section at openvpn's manpage.

• how about polipo + have it only allow your IP address.

• klikliklikli Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: If everything else fails you can use those TCP-in-DNS solutions but i think they have a really limited bandwidth.

Yes but from my (1 year ago) experience it's only like 0.1Mbps of throughput.

Though I am still sticking with them it seems like they're no longer maintained :(

My suggestion is to setup polio on your VPS, bind to localhost then setup SSH to listen at port 443 and create a tunnel between polipo and your computer with putty on windows.

• If you want a Squid sample, I could give you my configuration sample.

This one is Squid 2.7 based :

That configuration will enable squid for running at port 1212, and require authentification from the users_passwd.

To create the password authentication :

# htpasswd /etc/squid/users_passwd user-for-accessing-squid
  • Download link is removed due some abusing attempt from Finland.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Download link is removed due some abusing attempt from Finland.

Can you email me the files? to save for future.

• CoreyCorey Member

Does that equal .38KB/s per month? :)

• No, that's not the problem for the bandwidth :p

The users_password is having real username and password for connecting to the squid proxy. So I don't want it to be used to do a hacking trial to someone server :p

And also, I saw so many access to this file from my webstats, and it comes from some country (Finland) and another IP which is listed in spambot

• debugdebug Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Download link is removed due some abusing attempt from Finland.

Abusing how? Just block access from that IP. Anyway, just edit the file and replace it with dummy information.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Thank you. I will try it :)

Thanked by 1djvdorp