Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AsuraHosting | 6th Month Anniversary Sale, starting @ $2/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AsuraHosting | 6th Month Anniversary Sale, starting @ $2/mo

AsuraHostingAsuraHosting Member
edited June 2012 in Offers

Hello everyone, we posted this offer at the very beginning of this month and sold well. It's our 6th month on selling VPS's, and we are releasing our limited stock at an extremely low price. IT IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE; LIMITED QUANTITIES.

Why choose OpenVZ w/ AsuraHosting?
OpenVZ as opposed to Xen, has less overhead and works more efficient. The memory management is not as in tune as it is in Xen; however, if you are not using/running mainly JAVA-based applications, then OpenVZ is perfect for you. AsuraHosting guarantees your resources and never oversells. You will always be able to use up all your memory, disk space, bandwidth as stated with your package.

Now for the offers... if you'd like to know more about us, please check out https://asurahosting.com/

OVZ VPS-256 (PROMO CODE: ASURA50OFF)
256MB Dedicated DDR3 RAM
512MB Burst RAM
10GB Disk Space
250GB Bandwidth
100mbit Port Speed
2 CPU Cores (6Ghz)*
1 IPv4 dedicated address
Located in Kansas City, MO.
Unmanaged Service
Priced at $2/month - Order Now

OVZ VPS-512 (PROMO CODE: ASURA50OFF)
512MB Dedicated DDR3 RAM
512MB vSwap RAM
20GB Disk Space
375GB Bandwidth
100mbit Port Speed
2 CPU Cores (6Ghz)*
1 IPv4 dedicated address
Unmanaged Service
Priced at $3.50/month - Order Now

OVZ VPS-1024 (PROMO CODE: ASURA50OFF)
1024MB Dedicated DDR3 RAM
1024MB vSwap RAM
30GB Disk Space
500GB Bandwidth
100mbit Port Speed
3 CPU Cores (9Ghz)*
1 IPv4 dedicated address
Unmanaged Service
Priced at $6/month - Order Now

Test IP: 173.208.225.66
Our Pingdom: http://network.asurahosting.com
Our Facebook: http://facebook.com/AsuraHosting
Our Forum: http://asurahosting.com/forum/
Our IRC: https://asurahosting.com/contact_irc.php
Our E-mail: [email protected]

AsuraHosting is currently celebrating it's 6th month anniversary, this company is a partnership between Latheesan Kanesamoorthy and Edward Leung. We're a small company who can provide that personal touch that bigger companies can't. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us anywhere available. Thanks for your time and interest!

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Very nice offers. Just out of interest, why burst on the 256mb package, but vSwap on others?

• AsuraHostingAsuraHosting Member
    edited June 2012

@liamwithers - We are actually out of stock on the OVZ-256 with vSwap; and we have an older node with the older kernel which has stock... so we're just selling off our extras from our node old with that package.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@AsuraHosting Oh ok, I see :). Unfortunately I've no need for any more VPS's atm, otherwise I'd definitely have to snap up a package at those prices! Good luck :)

• airskiairski Member

IO testing is so slow

[root@vps256 /]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=4k oflag=dsync
    4096+0 records in
    4096+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 425.843 seconds, 630 kB/s

[root@vps256 /]# dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 16.2974 seconds, 65.9 MB/s

• @airski - As stated, our OpenVZ 256 packages are on our older nodes; so they don't have the best performance... but for $2/mo, should you really be complaining?

• airskiairski Member

@AsuraHosting
    Yeah. "You get what you paid for".

The only thing I care more is over selling.Even the new nodes, the VPS on it will not have a good performance.

• @airski - I can guarantee that we don't oversell our nodes; It's just that this node does not have any hardware RAID; just SW Raid 1.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

how is your newer nodes?

• @jcaleb - I would say that they are better; they all use LSI hardware raid10 or are on a nested 0+1 hardware raid.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • JacobJacob Member

Do you colocate, Is this Datashack or WSI, Joes?

@AsuraHosting said: LSI hardware raid10

• @Jacob - Datashack does not offer hardware RAID; so we do both. Our old nodes are rented.

• @AsuraHosting said: @airski - As stated, our OpenVZ 256 packages are on our older nodes; so they don't have the best performance... but for $2/mo, should you really be complaining?

No offense intended, but I really hate this kind of attitude. A VPS that has horribly bad disk performance is generally useless. It doesn't matter how much it costs or how much memory it has. If you want to offer a $2/month service, figure out how to make it work in a reasonable manner. If you can't do that, don't offer it. It just makes you look bad.

• @sleddog said: No offense intended, but I really hate this kind of attitude. A VPS that has horribly bad disk performance is generally useless. It doesn't matter how much it costs or how much memory it has. If you want to offer a $2/month service, figure out how to make it work in a reasonable manner. If you can't do that, don't offer it. It just makes you look bad.

@sleddog - Just because you say "no offense intended" does not make your comment less offensive; just FYI. And as for the OVZ-256 package; the drives aren't that bad, if you had any knowledge of the chinese forums, there are better benches posted of the said VPS.

The reason why the bench posted here is so low, is cause they're all doing it at the exact same time. Next time you should do some research, instead of making yourself look like a douchebag. Oh yeah... no offense intended.

• @AsuraHosting said: douchebag

Well, if your poor disk IO didn't turn me off you attitude certainly does. I post a critical comment and you immediately resort to juvenile-language castigation. Way to go dude, real professionalism there. Have a nice day.

• @sleddog - Can you grow up? I'm not going to sit here and spoon feed you information to prove anything. You're old enough to use the internet, thus you can search on Google.

If you have the time to comment on something which you have no relation to; why not take that time to research first before making any critical remarks?

Again, grow up; if you're butt-hurt, then you should start preparing for the real world; you won't survive.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2012

@AsuraHosting said: Can you grow up?

Did that. Got married. Raised a family. Thinking about retirement now :)

@AsuraHosting said: If you have the time to comment on something which you have no relation to...

I'm a prospective client. That's a relationship. Which leads me back to your original comment that stated ....

@AsuraHosting said: but for $2/mo, should you really be complaining?

Telling clients that they should not complain (about sub-par service) because of the price they are paying is simply wrong. IMO. Period.

That's it for me. Again, have a nice day and no offense intended :)

edited June 2012

Taken to PM.

edited June 2012

@sleddog - If you want to continue arguing, I'll gladly bring it to PM; just don't start crying.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@AsuraHosting said: just don't start crying.

At least he remains respectable through out this without resorting to insults...

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2012

@AsuraHosting Give it a break please. If you disagree with what I've said then argue with me in public. No need to send me nasty PMs criticizing my age, my kids and my family.

Say what you want here. I'm done with you kiddo.

• @Taylor said: At least he remains respectable through out this without resorting to insults...

Thanks for that Taylor.

• @Taylor said: At least he remains respectable through out this without resorting to insults...

That's doubtful.

@sleddog said: Give it a break please. If you disagree with what I've said then argue with me in public. No need to send me nasty PMs criticizing my age, my kids and my family.

Say what you want here. I'm done with you kiddo.

How you presented yourself to me, is how I call you out on it. If you're going to come to me with some bullshit like you deserve the world, time, and space for $2... then I'm clearly mistaken on how this world works. As I said in my PM; The amount of dollars and cents that you have can only take you so far.

edited June 2012

@sleddog said: Thanks for that Taylor.

I LOL'd hard.

Edit -

If you call nonsense and his non-diligence to research, respectable; I really have nothing to say to either of you, except for how naive you kids are.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2012

For anyone following this thread, here's the PM that AsuraHosting sent me:

Would have never guessed in a million years; thought you were another 8 year old kid trying to get a post count. Then again, you get emotional and butt hurt like one as well; so it's safe to consider you as one.
    No; that's not a relationship. Prospective client would ask a question, not make a smart remark based on no research. Nice one old man, but it's 2012; get back to reality. Hopefully your kids aren't as dumb as you.
    It's a $2 VPS for what it's suppose to do. A low budget VPS for people who have low budget uses. It's not wrong to say you get this much for what you are paying; this is the real world once again... not your magical fairy land. It's about dollars and cents, and what those can get you. If $2 can buy me a guaranteed dedicated server with all the bells and whistles; then I'll gladly apologize, but for now... I'm going to call bullshit on you.
    And again, no offense was taken; I just feel pity for your family cause they have a weak leader.

I suppose I could respond to the various bits of personal nastiness that he wove in there, but I won't. On the topic of VPS technology, Mr. AsuraHosting seems to think that a well-performing $2/month VPS exists only in "magical fairy land". Based on my personal experience I would disagree.

• @sleddog - Please show me a VPS provider that provides you with what you've stated for $2/mo; no annual or semi-annual deals. Show it to me, post your benchmarks from your "personal experience".

As for what I said; I don't think anything was out of line. You're an old man, entertaining a verbal fight with me; I think it shows exactly your maturity level is exactly like mine, which is sad considering that you have kids and a wife.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@AsuraHosting said: Please show me a VPS provider that provides you with what you've stated for $2/mo; no

Even better, you will see a free provider getting better benchmarks then you. Just check out this thread.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2863/host1free-free-vps-anyone-heard-about-this/p3

edited June 2012

@sleddog - Still waiting on those pretty benchmarks for the VPS which is $2 or less per month in your "personal experience".

@Taylor said: Even better, you will see a free provider getting better benchmarks then you.

Hi Taylor, it's best if you learn to read english; or stop skimming through everything.

login as: root
    Authenticating with public key "us01.asurahosting.com"
    Last login: Thu Jun 21 14:11:47 2012 from pool-x-x-x-x.nycmny.fios.verizon.net
    [root@us01 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.80142 s, 110 MB/s
    [root@us01 ~]#

Didn't know 110mb/s was worse than 83.8mb/s? Again, those chinese customers were doing benchmarks at the exact same time. And 110mb/s is on a FULLY SOLD NODE.

• @Taylor - After looking through that topic; seems like downtime was a big issue and also abusers... guess sleddog was right; everyone's getting top quality notch service for $0! Ah, we're in a magical fairy land!

• TaylorTaylor Member

Well, there is one set of bench marks posted on this thread from your client.

@airski said: 65.9 MB/s

Then on the host1free thread there is: > @Jeffrey said: 83.9 MB/s

I can only go by what is posted on this topic.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited June 2012

@AsuraHosting > @AsuraHosting said: After looking through that topic; seems like downtime was a big issue and also abusers...

Well benchmarks do not tell the full story, still my point still stands that a free provider is out doing you. On a node by node basis there is no complaints about node 8 thus is better then your node?, someone even says they have 20 days uptime on node 8.

@rolz14 said: So far so good. 20 days uptime, node 8, only using it for a small script at the moment...can't really trust a free VM for much else