Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just noticed this at GVH in their FAQ - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I just noticed this at GVH in their FAQ

1235»

Comments

• RBHRBH Member

I love the fact when you google "GreenValueHost" this thread comes up on the first page: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20262/green-value-host-stay-away-end-customer-review/

I find it pretty funny :p

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • @namhuy You're extremely ignorant aren't you. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    namhuy You're extremely ignorant aren't you. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

Mr."Co-Founder" how old are you anyways?

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

There are a lot of LET users that have posted saying that they are satisfied with our services. Some even claiming they bought large numbers of VMs without issues.

I've already made my age clear many times. Any LET regular that asks at this point is either mentally impaired or trolling.

Age doesn't matter as long as there is a person or entity that can accept liability in court and people that have the capability to run a company, keep services running, obtain new subscribers and pay the bills. We fit all of that so arguing that we're not legitimate makes you ignorant and/or stupid, in all honesty.

I feel as if I have been brutally honest in this thread. If that doesn't say anything about my willingness to be an open book, then nothing does.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited August 2014

GVH_Jon said: There are a lot of LET users that have posted saying that they are satisfied with our services. Some even claiming they bought large numbers of VMs without issues.

I bet your positive reviews is like 1 to 10 vs negative reviews

GVH_Jon said: @namhuy You're extremely ignorant aren't you. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

Did i say something wrong !? I bet most of LET community i will agree w/ me from what I said.

Thanked by 2Amitz GIANT_CRAB
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited August 2014

GVH_Jon said: @namhuy You're extremely ignorant aren't you. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

GVH_Jon said: I've already made my age clear many times. Any LET regular that asks at this point is either mentally impaired or trolling.

mpkossen said: I'm not sure how the message you quoted is childish. You may not like it, but it's a sales tactic and it seems to be working.

Thanks for the laugh.

• Mun said: Mun

Thank you for the clarification, and sorry for misunderstanding.

• akzakz Member

@GVH_Jon said:

I feel as if I have been brutally honest in this thread. If that doesn't say anything about my willingness to be an open book, then nothing does.

sigh what are kids reading for books these days? here ill break it down for you. The moral of the story of the boy who cried wolf was that if you cry wolf too many times no one will believe you anymore truth or not.

Thanked by 1Brad
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2014

Mun said: You could also just ban him, and make most of LET user's base happy, ohh I forgot sorry.

Unless GVH are breaking any rules here, there is no need for a ban. If you don't like these threads, exercise some self control and don't click.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Jon how did you get rid of that debt, if you don't mind me asking? Is your Paypal billing address now [email protected]?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Jon how did you get rid of that debt, if you don't mind me asking? Is your Paypal billing address now [email protected]?

I think you're confusing Jon from GVH and Jon from ColoCrossing.

• DalekOfSkaro said: I think you're confusing Jon from GVH and Jon from ColoCrossing.

I don't think he is confused, he knows what he is getting at..

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • @GVH_Jon said:
    But some of our services I actually like...

Best. Line. Ever.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @DalekOfSkaro said:
    I think you're confusing Jon from GVH and Jon from ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MunMun Member

@kcaj said:
    Unless GVH are breaking any rules here, there is no need for a ban. If you don't like these threads, exercise some self control and don't click.

I do have self control. However, LET has a very odd admin base. They ban one user because he is a child and they are protecting others from him. Yet in a similar situation they define that people should read reviews instead.

Thus my prod at @mpkossen.

• wychwych Member

I know what @Mun is getting at ...

• @zoliben said:
    Yeah, the suicide threats are widely accepted and a part of successeful marketing, right?

You're taking my remark out of context. In addition to that, I never said any suicide related posts are part of a successful marketing plan. He was banned for about 1.5 months because of it.

@Mun said:
    You could also just ban him, and make most of LET user's base happy, ohh I forgot sorry.

Apparently, most of LET loves posting about GVH. You being the number one guy here, spamming your PM all over every thread they post (which will result in a warning eventually, by the way).

There's a lot of people here which have impenetrable skulls and who do not seem to comprehend that the second everyone stops posting about them all they have left is their occasional offer which nobody would pay attention to (and which sinks automatically).

GreenValueHost is as significant as the LowEndTalk community makes them. I can't say stress this enough: stop giving them attention and you won't see them as much anymore. It's really that simple.

salathe said: Who is ever going to get sick and tired of popcorn?!

Nobody ever sends me some :-(

@Mun said:
    I do have self control. However, LET has a very odd admin base. They ban one user because he is a child and they are protecting others from him. Yet in a similar situation they define that people should read reviews instead.

Thus my prod at @mpkossen.

@kcaj is right. Just ignore them. If everyone would, they would not be getting as much attention as they are getting now.

We did not ban anybody because he or she was/is a child. We have good reasons for every ban.

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • Mun said: I do have self control. However, LET has a very odd admin base. They ban one user because he is a child and they are protecting others from him. Yet in a similar situation they define that people should read reviews instead.

Seeing as sz1hosting was just banned:

mpkossen said: I recently ordered a machine there and got it, so unless the OP (and others) come(s) up with proof rather than an act of puberty, there's nothing I'm going to do.

mpkossen said: In all fairness, if 123Sytems is seriously scamming people, they won't be allowed to post offers here anymore.

vedran said: No provider has ever been banned from advertising on LET just because the service they provide is poor. So what exactly does CC ownership has anything to do with this?

Users must be banned strictly for personal reasons, and never for actually harming customers. GVH and 123Systems have a history of this.

@mpkossen perpetually chooses to ignore facts, and defend GVH and similar companies who have a history of hurting customers; "Proof over puberty" remains probably the worst statement you've ever made, because once again, I never mentioned his age. MATURITY AND AGE DON'T ALWAYS CORRELATE. You act as though we're all stereotyping Jon based on his age, but in fact, it's you that is!

You continuously treat members here like they know nothing, and make passive-aggressive posts undermining any other information that others have provided. Assumptions made by you are often taken as correct as a result of your staff position. Furthermore, you fail to understand that many users likely fear the consequences they feel will come out of arguing with staff.

We know the history of 123sys, GVH, HVH, BlueVM, Virpus and the likes; I've been around for a while now, and I know you have too. Stop pretending like none of this shit happened, because it did, and people are still suffering. Pretty soon it'll be you to blame for all the shortcomings here, not the "bad apple" members.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited August 2014

mpkossen said: You're taking my remark out of context. In addition to that, I never said any suicide related posts are part of a successful marketing plan. He was banned for about 1.5 months because of it.

Saying that threatening to commit suicide is OK for marketing reasons is really insulting.

An individual around you saying they want to hurt themselves remains one of the most difficult issues to deal with; It's very hard, and it's a serious issue that many people don't take seriously. I don't think it's a successful marketing tactic.

You actually did say that, though, because my post included information about his threats. You quoted my post, and you said his "marketing plan" worked.

Edit: FYI, I also think you fail to understand that me, and most of the community here, care about Jon as a person, but not a business-person. Personal issues aside, and I'm sure he doesn't want my help, but if Jon were in a position where he needed my help for whatever reason, I'd still provide it. This goes for any person who is in need. Any human in need deserves adequate assistance.

• alexh said: Users must be banned strictly for personal reasons, and never for actually harming customers. GVH and 123Systems have a history of this.

@mpkossen perpetually chooses to ignore facts, and defend GVH and similar companies who have a history of hurting customers; "Proof over puberty" remains probably the worst statement you've ever made, because once again, I never mentioned his age. MATURITY AND AGE DON'T ALWAYS CORRELATE. You act as though we're all stereotyping Jon based on his age, but in fact, it's you that is!

You continuously treat members here like they know nothing, and make passive-aggressive posts undermining any other information that others have provided. Assumptions made by you are often taken as correct as a result of your staff position. Furthermore, you fail to understand that many users likely fear the consequences they feel will come out of arguing with staff.

We know the history of 123sys, GVH, HVH, BlueVM, Virpus and the likes; I've been around for a while now, and I know you have too. Stop pretending like none of this shit happened, because it did, and people are still suffering. Pretty soon it'll be you to blame for all the shortcomings here, not the "bad apple" members.

... all this. Or at least the admins should close those threads which has nothing new to contribute to existing facts, and in a way only give unnecessary attention to such hosts.

We have deadpool lists, top providers list but why not a worst providers list based on certain categories (server specs, support etc) to separate the "bad apple" providers from others and help everyone in this community make better choices. This could also challenge providers to improve their service and support in order to not make into that infamous list.

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen

What would you do if a company came here posting about an offer they they failed to deliver on and instead terminated the clients because they were "abusing" the service.

• MunMun Member

@Jack said:
    Didn't he refund you aswell? What did you lose other than your ego for being a huge dick?

Actually @jack, I had already stopped the DD tests for weeks because the IO speed was finally above 8. Even noted in the list of tests.

So was their a reason?

Also DD 24/7 is wrong, I only ran it every few hours initially, and as it improved I lowered it to like once per day or something lengthy.

Also, no he refunded me a payment for the next month that I had already paid for, since I was paying my bills on time.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • Thanked by 1Pwner
  • LeoKLeoK Member

I would say > eddynetweb said: eddynetweb

• @LeoK said:
    I would say > eddynetweb said: eddynetweb

wat.