Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DotVPS.net anybody any reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DotVPS.net anybody any reviews?

daimonbdaimonb Member
edited October 2011 in Providers

They are selling their business (wht) and im thinking of buying but obviously dont want to buy a company that has bad rep and inherit their problems. The figures they sent me stack up but they have only been going since june.

Comments

• I just know a company named DotVPS which is/has been looking for clients in various hacking/bitcoin-BBs. I guess they found a lot clients there. Quite often used for bitcoin.

Thanked by 1daimonb
  • Must be good though look at the awards on this page http://dotvps.net/sitemap.php on right hand side they got all them in 4 months. - Slight hint of sarcasism.

• hahahahhaa no

• Lmfao!

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited October 2011

Looks they are putting that one as a sort of decoration, like those putting affiliate icons of a set of major companies without any relation with them/their products to begin with! But they took it to next level by using fictitious awards :X A plus for them though might be using a licensed IPboard forum for their clients (probably not so many). And I didn't see reviews yet tbh, but googling it might work :)

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

I believe all those icons are for those "review" sites that I have moaned about on occasion.

edit: And the server room at the bottom right of this page:

http://dotvps.net/about-us.php

Is one of the US government datacenters I believe where nuclear explosions are calculated. We had a wpmu service use that image and they got in trouble for it.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Oh Josh. Not him.. As far as I remember he started a VPS company, shut it down, then started this.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

really what other company

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Don't touch them.

They have a wonderful history on hackforums for allowing booters/etc to be hosted on them. They also caused quite an ugly mess for IonVM by talking a lot of smack.

The booter hosting is pretty nasty since those posts are up and staying on there on hackforums.

You can search for them on WHT and see where they discussed it with me and claim they're out of that business, but that doesn't change the fact the name is tarnished.

Francisco

Thanked by 1daimonb
  • @francisco did see that but obviously wanted to give him benefit of doubt would explian his unuaslly high number of customers given 4 months trading.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited October 2011

Has anyone not noticed there whois? :L

http://whois.domaintools.com/dotvps.net

• DanielM said: Has anyone not noticed there whois? :L

http://whois.domaintools.com/dotvps.net

All I can say is WOW!!!

daimonb said: @francisco did see that but obviously wanted to give him benefit of doubt would explian his unuaslly high number of customers given 4 months trading.

Not sure what 'benefit of a doubt' you have to give. He admitted to hosting them for a while and claims he 'changed his stance because they are bad!!!!'. What I really think happened is either his box was pulled offline by his datacenter or he was getting constant DDOS attacks targetted at the booters.

Francisco

• yeah they were on his website about all the ddos attacks. Am sure he will find a buyer just not me :)

• He wants 2 to 3K for it. Hah :D

• Thanks Francisco for the useful info

• How come * turns the text into italic :S

• offered it me for 1.5k

• Kwl. Try offering him 500 then, he will probably fold.

• @VMport -- Markdown is used here so wrapping text between a single asterisk like *this* would make this italic.

And you don't really need all the <br/> for new lines. Just append two spaces at the end of the line, the "markdown way".

• Thanks LEA never heard of Markdown before :S
    Hope your doing well.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited October 2011

daimonb said: They are selling their business (wht) and im thinking of buying but obviously dont want to buy a company that has bad rep and inherit their problems

I had a VPS with dotVPS. Performance was ok for the price via WHT offer. There was a bad stroke of downtime and that's why I cancelled.

BTW, I tried to get a VPS from you too a few months ago too but I failed your fraud check (I do understand why I failed the check, not your fault), Kudos for the courteous responses and quick refund. :)

• email me which package and ill get you setup buddy. :)

• Thanks LEA never heard of Markdown

And some folks here think it's a standard....

as to the whois, we've had providers use their datacenters' address before. Not the first time.

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited October 2011

daimonb said: email me which package and ill get you setup buddy. :)

Just ordered your UK Xen package (look for kiloserve signup).

Thank you sir for personally taking care of this and sorry to hijack the thread :)

• @kiloserve all setup for you buddy

• edited October 2011

Adding to your Comment: Francisco:

Don't touch them.

They have a wonderful history on hackforums for allowing booters/etc to be hosted on them. They also caused quite an ugly mess for IonVM by talking a lot of smack.

The booter hosting is pretty nasty since those posts are up and staying on there on hackforums.

You can search for them on WHT and see where they discussed it with me and claim they're out of that business, but that doesn't change the fact the name is tarnished.

Francisco

http://screensnapr.com/v/rA2oho.png

This is part of the new account information i got 6 weeks ago. They Dont Allow them and run daily scans for perl DoS scripts , Kaitlen and other scripts.

jack said: http://screensnapr.com/v/rA2oho.png

This is part of the new account information i got 6 weeks ago. They Dont Allow them and run daily scans for perl DoS scripts , Kaitlen and other scripts.

NOW they don't, but they used to.

What kinda of clientele are you expecting by advertising on hackforums?

Francisco

• I got my VPS. 20/08/2011 so nearly 8 weeks.
    They started in June.
    June - August they may have allowed them but not anymore.
    I've been on teamviewer multiple times with the owner. For help with things.
    He runs a bash script on a cronjob find certain file types. names. ect. then it emails him results.
    Personally im not sure if its due to the NL nodes being 1gbps and the limit set to 100mbps per vm but not had any downtime as of yet.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Francisco said: What kinda of clientele are you expecting by advertising on hackforums?

LOL