Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mailbaby
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mailbaby

hyperhostsolutionshyperhostsolutions Member, Patron Provider

which providers currently use mailbaby the price seems very cost affective for running a Mail / Hosting platform , mailchannels is just not as good as it used to be years back .

has many people used mailbaby looking to add this into our email relay and potentially do away with MC

from testing so far seem a great option and far superior solutions over MC .

Comments

• caracalcaracal Member

@interservermike

is the baby still using MC? if not, are there any plans for new backup relays?

Thanked by 1interservermike
  • interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

@caracal said:
    @interservermike

is the baby still using MC? if not, are there any plans for new backup relays?

As of the first of this month it is all done in house.

• slimxslimx Member

We're actively using mail baby. It's quite seemlessm the interserver dashboard is a bit annoyingly over populated.

We had 1 major outage and their support staff replied within a reasonable time frame and informed us.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • UmairUmair Member

@slimx said:
    We're actively using mail baby. It's quite seemlessm the interserver dashboard is a bit annoyingly over populated.

We had 1 major outage and their support staff replied within a reasonable time frame and informed us.

Would have been nice to have Mail.baby's own panel (and not integrated into everything else). But I also understand the reason to keep it like that.

Would be really nice if there is away to disable/hide other features and can directly jump to important sections. (Like logs, reports etc)

We are working on separating it into its own control panel.
    Eliminating anything Interserver related.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 21

@hyperhostsolutions said:

has many people used mailbaby looking to add this into our email relay and potentially do away with MC

Been using it for a good few months now, no real complaints other than the disruption the other day.

Certainly wouldn't say no if the policy was changed to only charge per email that was successfully delivered. Sometimes, Mailbaby rejects an email (which is usually correct - normally something UCE related) and those are still billed for.

Similarly, I do understand that resources are still needed to process those emails - successfully delivered or not.

Only charging for delivered mail would be crazy. No one does that. So much money is in rejected emails. Brilliant idea. We will strongly consider it once we roll out some new features to accommodate growth.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 21

@interservermike said:
    Only charging for delivered mail would be crazy. No one does that. So much money is in rejected emails. Brilliant idea. We will strongly consider it once we roll out some new features to accommodate growth.

No need to be sarcastic... especially when I was praising your service - I clearly said "I do understand".

I'm dead serious.

Thanked by 2fluffernutter iKeyZ
  • amarcamarc Veteran

@interservermike said: I'm dead serious.

Thing why I left service is because you were still accepting emails into queue even tho you (or Mailchanels) decided to completely reject/disable any deliveries to outside world. So we,as customers/senders, do not have any idea mails are held and are still billed.

So maybe implement something "if this customer sends 10000 emails and we figure out in 1st 1000 that something is wrong, we will just stop accepting relay from his source IP"

• hyperhostsolutionshyperhostsolutions Member, Patron Provider

@amarc said:

Thing why I left service is because you were still accepting emails into queue even tho you (or Mailchanels) decided to completely reject/disable any deliveries to outside world. So we,as customers/senders, do not have any idea mails are held and are still billed.

So maybe implement something "if this customer sends 10000 emails and we figure out in 1st 1000 that something is wrong, we will just stop accepting relay from his source IP"

do you mean ie if a mailbox gets comprised and is sending tons in theory should be rate limited, instead of racking up a huge charge is that what your saying, i know from panels ie DA , Cpanel , Plesk you can rate limit the emails but 100% sure if you can do it from the mailbaby side, would be nice to see a option where is a mailbox is compromised or if its normally sending say 50-100 a day then all of a sudden is sending 2-5k a day it would be flagged for manual intervention before sending through (ie put on hold pending approval or something similar)

• c_vpsc_vps Member

We are using it . All are good but Rejecting real mails due to spam is bit annoying.

• amarcamarc Veteran
    edited May 21

What I mean in simple wording is: "If you do not plan to deliver my email to outside world, do not accept it either"

And I am not talking about receiver side decided to reject email but about Mailbaby/Mailchannels figuring out it's "Spam" and just accumulating it in queue and also charging for it.. Which you have to send again after you explain (for 5th time) that you are not sending Spam.

In my case it was simple Business news portal delivering weekly newsletters via Sendy to subscribers with links to articles to their site.

The mail needs to be accepted and processed before it is rejected.

But like I said earlier, we will look into not charging for rejected mail.

Thanked by 1EthernetServers
  • LeviLevi Member

@interservermike said: we will look into not charging for rejected mail.

Implement user defined triggers which would help to control the situation. Example:

• Limit per hour from X mailbox;
    • Overall limit per hour;
    • SPAM delta and deviation anomaly alert;
    • X seconds ban for X mailbox which sends X amount of messages marked as SPAM;
    • "Warm up" period for new mailbox or domain;

You are using Rspamd, so some LUA magic definitely can be implemented and way way more advanced rules could be offered.

Personally I always copy/paste features from competitors and only than begin to implement my own ideas, when I see area for improvement.

As the great Marco Pierre White once said: "You can't reinvent the wheel. We live in a world of refinement not invention.”.

• @amarc said:

that work should be done at the server level

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

It's a good service specially for the price they offer and we still use their service on few of our servers I think..

But I still prefer Amazon aws ses.. it's the best at least for me..

• flameyflamey Member

I believe @labze uses MailBaby

• UmairUmair Member

@interservermike said:

That would be awesome <3
    More power to the baby :)

• hyperhostsolutionshyperhostsolutions Member, Patron Provider

@Umair said:

@interservermike said:

That would be awesome <3
    More power to the baby :)

Sounds a good move in the right direction giving the baby the Panel its needed seperate from interserve