Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore is down. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore is down.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Damian said: ...AND we're not giving up anytime soon. Unless we continue to unable to provide a quality product, then i'll probably just turn it over to Adam and move on.

Work at it boss :)

If you have access to your paypal/business CC, confirm a payment was sent. If you don't, I guess you have to take his word for it.

Francisco

• hmm im not complaining :) might be down but there can always be some downtime especiialy with low end boxes :)

good luck :)

• @Francisco said: Work at it boss :)

If you have access to your paypal/business CC, confirm a payment was sent. If you don't, I guess you have to take his word for it.

I'm pretty confident he actually paid it. When we started this venture, I told him that if he lies about anything, it's pretty much instant game over.

Sometimes I get the feeling he doesn't have his heart and soul in this as much as I do. But there's not much I can do about that.

• @wiiguy said: hmm im not complaining :) might be down but there can always be some downtime especiialy with low end boxes :)

good luck :)

Yeah, but still, not a good first impression for you, since you signed up like 3 days ago :P

• @Damian said: Yeah, but still, not a good first impression for you, since you signed up like 3 days ago :P

2 days ago :) meh think after this is over i will just quit the folding(i just hope this is not the cause of the down time) and put up some terraria server :p

• @wiiguy said: 2 days ago :) meh think after this is over i will just quit the folding(i just hope this is not the cause of the down time) and put up some terraria server :p

Folding wouldn't take down everything :)

Update: Adam is at DC, we'll have this issue resolved very soon.

• Update: We're back.

• LAKidLAKid Member

it's up.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Damian said: Folding wouldn't take down everything :)

if you allow folding, do you allow bitcoin mining?

• wiiguywiiguy Member
    edited March 2012

@netomx said: if you allow folding, do you allow bitcoin mining?

i think if they did they would be doing it themself

beside i think they limited the cpu i am allowed to use to very little :p(think they left me with 10 units(think it said before 1000(could eb wrong)))

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

@DotVPS said: What was issue?

Router had a power supply failure. It sits on the bottom of the stack and gets cooked; i've been thinking about moving it to the top of the rack. We've been looking at replacing it in anticipation of moving to gigabit. Adam swapped out the power supply module, and we're back up. You'd think that a router that has replaceable power supplies would have the option for redundants, but I guess not...

@netomx said: if you allow folding, do you allow bitcoin mining?

Yes, but your VPS container will be moved to the lowest CPU priority pool, and your mining process will be auto-nice'd to 19. So if you choose the cheapest plan, you'll get one half of one CPU core, and then you'll only get idle cycles of it. You'll only get like 3 to 10 mhash/sec, while everyone else is getting 500+ with their GPU's, so it's probably not worth it. You can ask @wiiguy what kind of throughput he's getting with his folding, vs his regular computer.

• @DotVPS said: Heat rises?

It's the bottom thing on the rack, and it's a half-rack, and immediately above it is a full-depth server. And the datacenter's cooling air output is from the ceiling-down. So it gets a bit of a dead zone for air where it gets quite warm.

Moving it to the top of the rack will put it closer to the cooling air output, and give it more volume of air.

@DotVPS said: Heat rises?

or can't reach the AC vents

• wiiguywiiguy Member
    edited March 2012

@Damian said: You can ask @wiiguy what kind of throughput he's getting with his folding, vs his regular computer.

i would say it is not worth it :) thats why im just going to use the vps for a game server after 2 more days or so :)

but it was nice of damian(ipxcore.com) to let me try it :)

• Just wondering, do you all summer hosts are from kids?

I run Minecraft hosting and plan on expanding soon, should I do it before summer?

@bijan588 said: I run Minecraft hosting and plan on expanding soon, should I do it before summer?

Try chicago ones... stables and good.. and cheap

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@bijan588 said: Just wondering, do you all summer hosts are from kids?

Of course not every single summer host is by kids, but the majority are. There are genuine hosts made in the summer and genuine hosts made in the other seasons ;)

@bijan588 said: should I do it before summer?

You shouldn't need to worry if you're with a well established host and you pick your host right.

• Http://neuronhosting.com for all those wondering. We are finally approching 400 clients and I finally have the capitol to buy 4 or 5 E3 nodes.

I have been with phenioxnap, and they have been nothing short of amazing. Anyways I plan on expanding in may.

• I just realized, I own a hosting company. Not looking for one :)

I ment if I start selling in the summer would I be frowned soon?

I am a well established game host already.

edited March 2012

@bijan588 said: I ment if I start selling in the summer would I be frowned soon?

I dont think so

edit: nice page, btw

• lol, can people actually run minecraft servers on the 192mb plan?

@gsrdgrdghd said: lol, can people actually run minecraft servers on the 192mb plan?

Yes, but just for 3-4 players

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

Why so high on the Minecraft 192mb plan? Do people really pay that for Minecraft servers? Maybe we should look into doing them too...

• @Damian said: Why so high on the Minecraft 192mb plan? Do people really pay that for Minecraft servers? Maybe we should look into doing them too...

im guessing it is basic cost and extra cost for setting up minecraft and keeping them up too date

• Its the darn Control Panel licences that cost so much.

• I haven't looked into it much, but I thought all of the Minecraft control panels were free? Which one are you using?

• @Damian said: Maybe we should look into doing them too...

I guess the biggest problem/cost factor when doing Minecraft hosting is dealing with the thousands of kids that don't know anything.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: dealing with the thousands of kids

I wonder if it's as bad as FPS gameservers? Y'know, with the rage-DDoS'ing and such.

• @Damian said: I wonder if it's as bad as FPS gameservers? Y'know, with the rage-DDoS'ing and such.

I don't think there will be that many DDoSes (since usually noone looses) but you will have to deal with literally 12-13 year olds that want to run a server.

• @Damian I use Multicraft and TCadmin, both cost money.

Multicraft a buck a server, tcadmin is just monthly.