Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled

Comments

• @JosephF said:

@kode9 said:
    Next time all of us ( including myself - a customer of limewave ) should pay more attention to 'the signs' :)

If you start paying attention to the signs, you'll eliminate from consideration 66% of the providers here.

Is this not a good thing? I only use a few providers and have never been burned. It's not hard to find quality providers here, just weed out all the new hosts and all the too good to be true hosts.

• @fluffernutter said:

@JosephF said:

@kode9 said:
    Next time all of us ( including myself - a customer of limewave ) should pay more attention to 'the signs' :)

If you start paying attention to the signs, you'll eliminate from consideration 66% of the providers here.

Is this not a good thing? I only use a few providers and have never been burned. It's not hard to find quality providers here, just weed out all the new hosts and all the too good to be true hosts.

How much more do you pay compared to the bottom of the barrel providers, using your approach?

• @JosephF said:

@fluffernutter said:

@JosephF said:

@kode9 said:

How much more do you pay compared to the bottom of the barrel providers, using your approach?

Not that much more actually! I have promo plans from Hosthatch which are extremely competitive with the average LET shithost, several very small yearly VMs from Virmach that either make up multi region clusters or failover machines (if one of my prod machines goes down, routes to my little Virmach vm until the prod machine is back up). I haven't found anything that beats my Hetzner deal (120 euro per month for a sx133). I have a $220/year dedi from Terrahost, and 2 of the $99/year e3 systems from ColoCrossing, one in LA and one in NYC. All reputable companies that aren't super likely to not exist by the time the next billing cycle comes around.

• @Dvo said:

@yoursunny said:

Email won't work if nameserver is down.
    It would be funny if the telephone is routed through an Asterisk server in the datacenter.

What's funnier is that line won't ring unless you're on its contact list as either 1) an upstream or 2) a direct peer. You might get lucky with a voicemail, assuming it’s not full. It’s not a VoIP line.

Yes, yes.. but tell us, do the local single ladies like Shared, Dedicated or Bare Metal. Inquiring minds want to know.

• @snorks said:

@Dvo said:

@yoursunny said:

Email won't work if nameserver is down.
    It would be funny if the telephone is routed through an Asterisk server in the datacenter.

What's funnier is that line won't ring unless you're on its contact list as either 1) an upstream or 2) a direct peer. You might get lucky with a voicemail, assuming it’s not full. It’s not a VoIP line.

Yes, yes.. but tell us, do the local single ladies like Shared, Dedicated or Bare Metal. Inquiring minds want to know.

can confirm, metal all the way :)

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

This is unbelievable, anyone closing or shutting down abruptly is technically a criminal as he cheated his customers and their trust. Would have been nice if had given people time to move out.

Thanked by 1kode9
  • DvoDvo Veteran
    edited February 5

@kevinds said:

@Dvo said:
    I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund,

It depends if you sold month-to-month service, and the customer had a credit on file that was decreasing each month. Then maybe they are lawfully entitled to a partial refund.

Your agreements were for a year of service, you are not following your agreements, the full charge backs are valid.

What about when someone is paying $50/year? Or $100/year?

I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

Try it.. Please..

had I known I was going to be a VPN (I mean VPS) host in that market and their love for HE, I never would’ve signed Cogent.

Nobody likes Cogent except providers because they are cheap, but there is a reason they are cheap.. They are the low-end-transit provider.

No it doesn't, what does the Terms of Service state?

https://web.archive.org/web/20231224064546/https://www.limewave.net/terms.html

"18) Termination of Agreement/Services:
    Limewave Communications reserves the right to terminate any account without notice, reason and/or refund. Upon termination, all data will be removed from our network. If your account was disabled for violating this agreement, you will not have access or the ability to recover your files/data."

What does that mean? It means the company has the ability to lawfully execute section 18, terminate service and you are not entitled to any refund. If you choose to pursue a refund after the fact, it means you are in breach of contract (not the company) and are now liable for all damages as a result i.e. the chargeback fees etc.

This is what you, legally, agreed to.

Just because Visa gives you your money back, doesn't mean Visa has the ability to remove your liability with the contracts you breach.

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited February 5

@Dvo said:

@kevinds said:

@Dvo said:
    I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund,

It depends if you sold month-to-month service, and the customer had a credit on file that was decreasing each month. Then maybe they are lawfully entitled to a partial refund.

Your agreements were for a year of service, you are not following your agreements, the full charge backs are valid.

I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

Try it.. Please..

had I known I was going to be a VPN (I mean VPS) host in that market and their love for HE, I never would’ve signed Cogent.

Nobody likes Cogent except providers because they are cheap, but there is a reason they are cheap.. They are the low-end-transit provider.

Limewave Communications reserves the right to terminate any account without notice, reason and/or refund. Upon termination, all data will be removed from our network. If your account was disabled for violating this agreement, you will not have access or the ability to recover your files/data."

What does that mean? It means the company has the ability to lawfully execute section 18, terminate service and you are not entitled to any refund. If you choose to pursue a refund after the fact, it means you are in breach of contract (not the company) and are now liable for all damages as a result i.e. the chargeback fees etc.

Just because Visa gives you your money back, doesn't mean Visa has the ability to remove your liability with the contracts you breech.

I tried sympathising with you earlier, hoping you were just typing everything with a certain level of frustration over everything going on. Who knows, maybe you'd still have noticed whatever you're doing afterwards.

But one thing is clear now: You're not one who truly cares about their customers if you're just pulling this stunt of not giving a damn after shutting everything down WITHOUT NOTICE, NO WARNING WHATSOEVER, AFTER SELLING SERVICES A MONTH PRIOR DECIDING TO DISAPPEAR, yet expect to keep the money over a service you never provided as described, AND shifting the blame to YOUR OWN CUSTOMERS WHO PLACED THEIR TRUST ON YOU.

Sure, your ToS describes how you can fuck off and pretend nothing happened, and let's pretend that'll actually work. But if you think it's the morally correct action to do, then you shouldn't be doing business.

As much as you want to call that everyone and their dog used your VPSes for Netflix unblock, VPN, blah blah blah; sure, we have to deal with MJJs here, but you know, maybe it's not all of them? Yet you don't give an actual fuck and couldn't bother to at least tell everyone you were closing doors and ghosting everyone for a while?

Selling the company, or even just your VPS offerings, would even have been a good idea. Or just disappearing from LET and doing marketing to a different audience. But you shot yourself in the foot for a very sad reason yet you think everyone's in the wrong but you, as much as business might have not gone as expected.

If you think you're right, you're delusional, with all due respect. At least, I'm glad you're being a living example as of why LET needs to learn to do off-site backups and not place all trust on your provider. (And for those providers I'm using and are doing a better job than this: Thank you for actually caring about your customers.)

Sincerely, a former customer of yours.

• edited February 5

@Dvo said:

Just because Visa gives you your money back, doesn't mean Visa has the ability to remove your liability with the contracts you breach.

Which will be dealt with according to the jurisdiction your consumer resides in and i have a feeling not each of those will agree with your TOS. Some might even see the short timeframe between sales and shutdown as hinting towards ill intent, who knows? I have no horse in this race but i very much hope the smug attitude will come back to haunt you.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited February 5

@Dvo said: What does that mean? It means the company has the ability to lawfully execute section 18, terminate service and you are not entitled to any refund.

Which is your "protection" against the exit scam you pulled?

@Dvo said: What does that mean? It means the company has the ability to lawfully execute section 18

That doesn't mean that "Section 18" is lawful though. Consumer protection laws will bite you hard if you try.

Courts frequently find that companies' ToS are not enforceable because they violate the law.

@Dvo said: If your account was disabled for violating this agreement, you will not have access or the ability to recover your files/data."

And when our accounts were not terminated for violating the agreement?

You broke the contract/agreement by not providing a year of service, as agreed, with zero notice, for no reason other than you wanted to.

So yes, please try it.

I strongly suggest you talk to a lawyer about your ToS, what you have done, and what you have said your plans are, to get their opinion on it.. BC has or used to have (from memory, I haven't lived in BC for a while now) a $50 program to talk to a lawyer about any issue for half an hour..

• emghemgh Member
    edited February 5

@fluffernutter said: Not that much more actually!

Yup, Hosthatch is the only LET host I use.

I don't trust them, but that's because I don't trust anyone and neither should anyone else. You should always have a Plan B.

But I deem the risk of them going down small enough that it's worth migrating should it occur.

I wouldn't deem it worth it with "come-and-go"-providers.

Edit: I use BuyVM too, but that's for personal use. I usually don't even think of personal use as I'd be the only one affected if something were to occur. Not that I think BuyVM is going anywhere, been happy with them as well.

• bootboot Member

I just thought it was quite hilarious when @Kris came in here swinging his purse, threatening his legal tag-team on @Dvo

Sorry, I have to side with the villain here, not with the Karen.

• emghemgh Member
    edited February 5

Looks like I have some reading to do..

I see lawyers being mentioned, I see mental illness being mentioned, and I see Kentucky being mentioned.

I also see @Dvo getting into it so much that it warranted a change of signature.

I wonder which side I'll pick, if any! :blush:

• KrisKris Member

@boot said: I just thought it was quite hilarious when @Kris came in here swinging his purse, threatening his legal tag-team on @Dvo

You have some really bad reading comprehension.

The lawyers get written to if little shit for brains @Dvo tries anything with credit scores. A chargeback can be done on a website with proof. This thread was even included.

As previously mentioned in this thread, the chargeback is done.

Oh, and I won the dispute.

Again to make it clear to shit for brains @boot, one does not need to call a lawyer for a chargeback. To tell a scammy company to cease and desist is another matter.

Please contact your carer if you need to explained.

Same to @Dvo if you need it explained why no, no one is gonna take on your bogus debt, and that it's done by making a fraction of the money recovered.

PS: Smile for the CC companies!

• @boot said:
    I just thought it was quite hilarious when @Kris came in here swinging his purse, threatening his legal tag-team on @Dvo

Sorry, I have to side with the villain here, not with the Karen.

I'm not picking sides either, but when I saw @Dvo signature.. well my sides!! 😂

• KrisKris Member

@boot said: Sorry, I have to side with the villain here, not with the Karen.

Cool guy. Side with the scammer who ran off with people's money.

If you aren't Dvo's alt, you're just sad.

Thanked by 2kode9 greentea
  • KrisKris Member

@akaemu said: I'm not picking sides either, but when I saw @Dvo signature.. well my sides!! 😂

Cute signature, but if you want my comeback, you'll have to scrape it off the edge of @boot's mom's mouth.

• @emgh said:

@fluffernutter said: Not that much more actually!

Yup, Hosthatch is the only LET host I use.

I don't trust them, but that's because I don't trust anyone and neither should anyone else. You should always have a Plan B.

Exactly. Be it Hetzner, OVH or AWS - everything can go down. Noone has ever been fired for using those though ;)

But I deem the risk of them going down small enough that it's worth migrating should it occur.

There's a couple good guys around here, even if it might be somewhat telling that it seems to be usually those who don't advertise a whole lot. I'm always kind of torn in regards to recommending what i use as on one hand i very much wish for them to grow their business but on the other hand i really don't fancy having a ton of shady cheapskates as neighbors. My personal favorite (as far as smaller operations go) is luckily a bit above the bottom of the barrel pricing that would make it attractive. It's already annoying enough that Google regularly classifies one of my VPN exits as China...

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited February 5

I WORKED (CONSULTED) FOR A LAW FIRM TOO CAN I GET IN ON THIS MEASUREMENTS OF DICKS AS WELL OR HAS THE MOMENT PASSED

Thanked by 1Kris
  • bootboot Member

@Kris said:

@akaemu said: I'm not picking sides either, but when I saw @Dvo signature.. well my sides!! 😂

Cute signature, but if you want my comeback, you'll have to scrape it off the edge of @boot's mom's mouth.

You're really going off the rails for a $15 chargeback.

Seek help.

• KrisKris Member

@emgh said: I WORKED (CONSULTED) FOR A LAW FIRM TOO CAN I GET IN ON THIS MEASUREMENTS OF DICKS AS WELL OR HAS THE MOMENT PASSED

Moment hasn't passed, Donny boy is still here and veteran status, to give you an idea of how much that tag's worth.

He thinks that due to some daft ToS on a website (that's now down) he's able to get out of a 1 year contract to those he scammed 1 month in. Further, he thinks legally since he slipped that in there, they are contractually obligated to take it up the arse without getting their money back, and slapped some half-baked legalese to back it up.

So in his mind, after aggressively pushing yearly packages in December, he's allowed to disappear in January. Since you signed 1 year of a package that has a clause where they 'can cease operations' at any time' if you dare charge back, he will seek hundreds against you!

Doesn't pass the sniff test, but maybe I'm wrong.

• bootboot Member

@Kris said: Brought to you by @Dvo - The prag who can't afford Colo in Seattle.

PS: Charge his scummy ass back, I already won. He has zero legal footing, and is just trying to scare foreign customers. Don't let the scammy canuck win. Each chargeback costs him extra $$$

"Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting."

Fix that, then read the rules.

• KrisKris Member

@boot said: You're really going off the rails for a $15 chargeback.

Seek help.

So you can dish it, but can't take it. Weird, your mom does, like a champ.

• KrisKris Member

@boot said: Fix that, then read the rules.

Got it, happy now - bitch boy?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • bootboot Member

@Kris said:

@boot said: Fix that, then read the rules.

Got it, happy now - bitch boy?

Am I the new one here or you? Thanks for the drama, you queen.

• KrisKris Member

@boot said: Am I the new one here or you? Thanks for the drama, you queen.

You're welcome bitchboi.

You aren't new here, you're just running on an alt account.

Half your post history alludes to sisters and the whole hostsolutions.ro joke.

Thanked by 2greentea mmuyskens
  • bootboot Member

@Kris said:

@boot said: Am I the new one here or you? Thanks for the drama, you queen.

You're welcome bitchboi.

You aren't new here, you're just running on an alt account.

Half your post history alludes to sisters and the whole hostsolutions.ro joke.

You finished seething like a 12 year old yet?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Dvo said:

@kevinds said:

@Dvo said:

Try it.. Please..

Just imagine if you put as much effort into keeping your business afloat as you've spent making excuses about not paying out refunds...

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@the_doctor said:

@raindog308 said:
    Talked with a friend who is living in Poland at the moment. He consulted a lawyer to review an employment contract he was considering, and it cost him 20 euro. I laughed and said that'd be 10x if not 25x in the US.

If only the world were governed by Polish law.... ;)

@Dvo said:

@kevinds said:

@Dvo said:

Try it.. Please..

A universally known principle of law is a termination of contract should not be of the benefit or loss of either party in comparison to the stance they were in before entering the contract. Not a lot of contracts are able to "waive" a principle of law, if they do they're exceptions to that principle and this isn't one of them.

Customer rights in canada are not easily waivable and

I don't see this being a case where force majure is applicable or anything else which could just wipe the party's right to his end of the contract.

You could also say there's a breach of contract in failure to provide the service for the designated time.

If anything the customers are entitled to damages.

Also, in BC Canada the under the first part of the BUSINESS PRACTICES AND CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT [SBC 2004] CHAPTER 2, its 3rd Section you may find that:

"Any waiver or release by a person of the person's rights, benefits or protections under this Act is void except to the extent that the waiver or release is expressly permitted by this Act."

There's no permission in this act which permits a waiver of outstanding debt.

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep
    edited February 6

@helenharry said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said: There's no permission in this act which permits a waiver of outstanding debt.

Yeah, you can speak on that Mr. Kjartan especially after running away with everyone's money during KUXO/KUBBUR.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191397/hypere-kuxo-kubbur-and-a-whole-family-of-drama
    I have no idea why this kid isn't banned here, mean words aren't okay but scamming is.
    But If you scam + say mean words that's also fine somehow as @Dvo presented.

I see they are still hiring total fucking retards at Path, good for them, will burn to the ground sooner.

LET is a fucking joke.

~Treesmokah

And good evening to you too sir.

We refunded all transactions received within 60 days as seen on https://kubbur.com/ and took no annual prepayments.

Thanks. (My name is Leifur not Kjartan)