Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled

Comments

• @Dvo

Okay... Okay... Let's think about this for a second. You're not offering prorated refunds for ... why? If you truly believe in the idea that services rendered should not be refunded, then why not simply refund users for services not rendered? You now have a built in defense for PP or Credit Card disputes!

Yet... You choose not to? A PayPal or credit card chargeback is truly the last option in any negotiation. But you already admitted that your customers won't have their services rendered for the rest of their term. So in the eyes of a credit card company or PayPal, any dispute against you is already meritorious because you're actively refusing to give any remedy in this situation. They're not going to care whether services have already been rendered or not.

You're creating your own problems here! And trust me, threatening to send people to collections is not going to dissuade anyone and you know that. You're Canadian, you know how collections works. The debt will just be sold and resold over and over again until it eventually dies completely. Nobody is going to put a $12 debt on a credit report. You're just annoying your customers, and posting this all here just means it'll be on the permanent record of you and your company's history. You've ruined any chance of your company being able to pivot into a different business model or selling more profitable services because "who wants to go with the company that went under, refused to refund anyone and then decided to seek some kind of vengeance on their own customers for daring to ask for a full refund?"

Why you did all of this, it truly baffles me. You could've just sent out an email letting everyone know that you're shutting down in 2 weeks, apologized and gave everyone a pro rated refund. Would've costed you 3 percent + 20 cents per transactions or whatever but you could've just done that rather than the 50 dollars per chargeback you will be paying otherwise on bills that are literally $12 each.

• Dang, I was hoping there was a better story than some fuckwit from Castlegar who Googled "how business do" learned about fiscal quarters and now thinks he's the smart one.

Thanked by 3greentea Marx zethrus
  • actually if @Dvo doesn't reply, nobody would know he's dumb

• jizbeljizbel Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 4

@Dvo said:
    It’s not that I didn’t value the customers I had, I did. I’m very grateful for the customers that decided to do business with me, thank you! At the end of the day however, decisions need to be made and it’s just business.

Its perfectly normal to go out of business but as a provider, your clients rely on you to be a trustworthy data custodians for their data and you could have atleast informed the customers about closure, a week or so in advance, so they could move their data, before closure. As someone mentioned "Data is more important than money".

You turning the servers down, without notice, due to some charge-backs has resulted in it affecting 100% of your clients, which I believe is quite unfair to those customers, who trusted you with their data & business, till the very end.

• @JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@khajiit said:
    so it's happened again lol

Ah so that’s why KF is down.

Francisco

What is KF?

KiwiFarms if I'm not wrong

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited February 4

@Kris said:

@Dvo said: Hey.. bright one, we’re not dealing with American laws. We’re dealing with Canadian laws. Let that sink in.

Your ToS and site are archived well, you've already lost the game little one.

He's wrong, anyways, there are plenty of jurisdictions that afford customer protections allowing litigants to hold standing in their state of residence.

It makes it a bit more difficult to enforce the decision of the court, but will make it very difficult for him to travel to the country or area (thinking USA or EU) without being arrested at a border crossing and held until payment.

• @raindog308 said:
    Talked with a friend who is living in Poland at the moment. He consulted a lawyer to review an employment contract he was considering, and it cost him 20 euro. I laughed and said that'd be 10x if not 25x in the US.

If only the world were governed by Polish law.... ;)

• TekoTeko Member
    edited February 4

Who can summarize this thread for me? It's way too long. :o
    deadpool or not deadpool

Thanked by 1khajiit
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 4

@Dvo said:
    I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund, I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

1. Why penalize honest customers by not proactively refunding, due to other customers being potentially dishonest?

2. Does PayPal even allow a customer to request only a partial refund under their refund policy? i.e. asking PayPal to dispute only $6 of the $12 charge instead of simply disputing the full charge.

3. Sending to collections customers who successfully received a refund from PayPal seems like an exercise in futility. They obviously won't be paying the collection agency, either. In fact, it would be surprising if any collection agency bought off from you such accounts, and even paid you 1 cent on the dollar for them. Especially as you lack any social security numbers to add any negative info on anyones credit report. In fact, if this idea had any merit, every company who lost a credit card dispute would simply shift the amount they lost in the chargeback decision to a collection agency. It simply doesn't add up. I mean, why stop at adding a $200 administrative fee and $50 charge back fee to the $12 dispute you lost, add a $2,000 administrative fee and $500 charge back fee.

4. Finally, while it is normal for a business to go out of business, unless they legally file for bankruptcy they are obligated to refund any services they failed to render. Especially as you've indicated the business was and is profitable, but it simply isn't worthwhile the time and investment.

• deadpool or not deadpool

deadpool with a side of threatening customers who are proactive enough to get their money out while they can with collections actions like he's hetzner or somehting

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • i12hi12h Member

@cybertech said:
    actually if @Dvo doesn't reply, nobody would know he's dumb

Absolute truth. I couldn't believe it when I saw his responses today.
    I wonder if it was because business was too good in the past.
    Now that the tide has receded, we can see who is swimming naked.

• winerwiner Member

@atharva said:

@winer said:
    Who is willing to provide similar cost-effective BGP full route sessions VPS?

We can provide BGP Sessions with VPS in Jakarta, Indonesia. DM me for negotiating the price.

i have see your network, Network latency is too high.I just need good network upstream.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Moopah said:

@raindog308 said:

@a1195992737 said: If anyone is willing, I am happy to turn this into a class action lawsuit.

No lawyer is going to take this...not enough money at stake.

We need LowEndLawyers

@bert said: I would have expected at least one lie related to a car accident,ICU or the shit.

Can't, especially when you've made noticeable changes to your domain and ASN after the incident.

Thanked by 2yoursunny sasslik

@atharva said:

@winer said:

We can provide BGP Sessions with VPS in Jakarta, Indonesia. DM me for negotiating the price.

@atharva, get your tag before your continue to promote/advertise your services.

Thanked by 1atharva
  • jizbeljizbel Member, Patron Provider

@winer said:

@atharva said:

@winer said:

i have see your network, Network latency is too high.I just need good network upstream.

If you are looking for BGP enabled Bare Metal Server/Colo/VPS, in the US, feel free to reach out. AS21738. Can provide routes from multiple upstreams.

https://f4.fo

Thanked by 3yoursunny ipguru Naomii
  • @DP said:

@Moopah said:

@raindog308 said:

@a1195992737 said: If anyone is willing, I am happy to turn this into a class action lawsuit.

No lawyer is going to take this...not enough money at stake.

We need LowEndLawyers

Coming up in DPs next domain sale: LowEndLawyers.com

Thanked by 1DP
  • @Dvo said:

@Kris said: For someone who claims to be a host, you sure are fucking stupid.

Hey.. bright one, we’re not dealing with American laws. We’re dealing with Canadian laws. Let that sink in.

If the customer is in the United States and he used a US credit card issued by a US bank or PayPal account to make the payment, US laws apply.

On top of that Visa, Mastercard, American Express and the cardholders bank are US based.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 4

@JosephF said:

@Dvo said:
    I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund, I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

1. Why penalize honest customers by not proactively refunding, due to other customers being potentially dishonest?

2. Does PayPal even allow a customer to request only a partial refund under their refund policy? i.e. asking PayPal to dispute only $6 of the $12 charge instead of simply disputing the full charge.

3. Sending to collections customers who successfully received a refund from PayPal seems like an exercise in futility. They obviously won't be paying the collection agency, either. In fact, it would be surprising if any collection agency bought off from you such accounts, and even paid you 1 cent on the dollar for them. Especially as you lack any social security numbers to add any negative info on anyones credit report. In fact, if this idea had any merit, every company who lost a credit card dispute would simply shift the amount they lost in the chargeback decision to a collection agency. It simply doesn't add up. I mean, why stop at adding a $200 administrative fee and $50 charge back fee to the $12 dispute you lost, add a $2,000 administrative fee and $500 charge back fee.

4. Finally, while it is normal for a business to go out of business, unless they legally file for bankruptcy they are obligated to refund any services they failed to render. Especially as you've indicated the business was and is profitable, but it simply isn't worthwhile the time and investment.

It should also be noted that if a customer signed up for 12 months of service and the provider ceased providing the contractually agreed service anytime prior to the expiration of the period paid for, the customer can legally be entitled to a full refund (not just a prorated refund) as the contract was for 12 months, which the provider unilaterally reneged on in violation of their contract.

Thanked by 2yoursunny greentea
  • raza19raza19 Veteran

I think when a host Deadpools like this ie without any prior notice the admins shud reveal detailed info about the provider and bio on all parties involved in the business. There shud in fact be a Deadpool database, so LET members r better aware about the ppl to avoid in future.

• LIMEWAVE DECEMBER DEALS
    USE PROMO CODE LIMEWAVESGOODBYE

• @raza19 said:
    I think when a host Deadpools like this ie without any prior notice the admins shud reveal detailed info about the provider and bio on all parties involved in the business. There shud in fact be a Deadpool database, so LET members r better aware about the ppl to avoid in future.

His details can be found in his ips and asns. Everyone can see.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @raza19 said:

who will pay $200 in future?

• bootboot Member

@Moopah said: people have lost their data

2024 and people still haven't heard of backups.

Thanked by 2tentor lowendclient
  • somiksomik Member

@boot said:

@Moopah said: people have lost their data

2024 and people still haven't heard of backups.

If they didn't hear it in 2010s, expect people to complain about data but never back it up even in 2050s.

• vilkavilka Member

@Dvo said: If I take the order and don’t plan to provision (key word is plan), that is fraud.

My dear friend @Dvo
    I paid for 12 months on Friday, January 19, 2024 and what happened on your end? You have closed your service. How is it called? Can you explain please. I can tell you - this is a scam.

• @vilka said:

@Dvo said: If I take the order and don’t plan to provision (key word is plan), that is fraud.

My dear friend @Dvo
    I paid for 12 months on Friday, January 19, 2024 and what happened on your end? You have closed your service. How is it called? Can you explain please. I can tell you - this is a scam.

He reopened sales of the DP VPS in January 2024 and discontinued PayPal as a payment method. In retrospect, that was a sign of Deadpools.
    He's not as noble as he describes himself to be. This batch of servers is a complete scam.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@Murasaki said:
    He reopened sales of the DP VPS in January 2024 and discontinued PayPal as a payment method. In retrospect, that was a sign of Deadpools.
    He's not as noble as he describes himself to be. This batch of servers is a complete scam.

Well, that’s not actually true. PayPal was disabled due to the spamming of orders from MJJ’s that for some reason, don’t understand that when using “CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA” as an address, it doesn’t matter how many IP’s they try to cycle with VPN’s, they’ll never pass a fraud check. Then ticket in, then I close the ticket, then they cry the ticket was closed with no answer, never buy again on nodeseek.

With PayPal enabled, as the saying goes, gone in seconds. With PayPal removed, gone in 12 hours. Over a 3 day period only 6 units sold. The units that sold all passed a fraud check first try. No order spamming.

PayPal attracted a LOT of shit customers. There’s people on the overseas forums bragging about abusing the service and getting a full refund.

PayPal should’ve been disabled a LOT sooner on the promo plans than it was. That was my fault.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@ehhthing said: The debt will just be sold and resold over and over again until it eventually dies completely.

That's not true. After X (go figure it out) amount of years and after proving you exhausted all reasonable collection attempts (hence the reason the collection agency is hired in the first place), the debt can be written off against the companies income tax, in Canada.

Again, Canada doesn't burden the creditor with collection costs, that is the reasonability of the debtor. If the collection agency wants $75 up front to collect, the $75 gets paid, the balance is now $87 plus interest. This isn't fuckin rocket science.

• Love the drama but a job at McDonalds could refund the customers