Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DepotVPS Announces First Brand - TinyOpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DepotVPS Announces First Brand - TinyOpenVZ

Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
edited March 2012 in Providers

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana - DepotVPS Networks has officially announced today that it will introduce it's first brand Saturday, named TinyOpenVZ. The service will offer small "low end" VPS servers starting at $2.75 a month. "This is a big starting point for us" says Shane Elmore, the organization's founder. "With this, we can start out small, with little resources, then grow bigger at some point.". The website has not been announced yet. TinyOpenVZ will be utilizing reseller resources from VPS6.net.

To celebrate the start of our service, we will be allowing users to beta test the first 3 servers. Please e-mail [email protected] with a decent reason why you would like to be our beta candidate.

Spots taken:
1 - Taken
2 - Taken
3 - Taken

Comments

• flyfly Member

heh. sent

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@DepotVPS_Shane said: hotmail.com

Ouch. I suggest you buy a domain and setup email on it ;)

@DepotVPS_Shane said: says Shane Elmore

Whats with the newspaper style reporting and talking in third person heh. I'm not trying to be rude but there's no need to announce every little bit of your hosting venture.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited March 2012

Me me me can i have one?

Send u an email

• @Infinity: I have a domain secured. Hosting will be secured very soon. :)

Haha I just felt like writing a press release.

• @Infinity said: newspaper style reporting and talking in third person

Very common for one man shows trying to hide the fact, rather than embrace it.

Thanked by 3Infinity debug jamson
  • That doesn't seem very legit.

edited March 2012

@miTgiB said: Very common for one man shows trying to hide the fact, rather than embrace it.

It may just be insecurity in decisions etc. that's common for young people, and I'd know :P

And yeah, miTgiB is the perfect example of a very well run one man show that's worked well for years..

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

If he/she is another Costantino alias I'll shoot myself on the foot (or on the balls as we say in Italy).

Thanked by 1Steve81
    edited March 2012

@prometeus said: on the balls

You've had enough babies already? I guess that explains why Italy has a birth rate of 1.32 compared with the United States 2.06 :P Hehe.

@Infinity said: You've had enough babies already?

Yes I did :)

• All taken! :)

I hope this goes over well.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

Hang on a minute, in one of your muliple threads you said...

@DepotVPS_Shane said: I hope to start up my own VPS company someday, hence the username, but I've decided against it until I get a job, and am a bit older so people would take it more seriously and not some host that would deadpool within a few months.

And now your releasing a "Press Release" on an offering that sounds too similar to RAMHosts TinyKVM and TinyVZ?

And you joined on March 9th and you have already posed an offering, which is not allowed and thus flagged for @Chief

You were the one starting a thread about stopping people getting robbed, yet you have contradicted your self and opened a business in a one day time frame and also advertised it. Hmmm

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited March 2012

Overnight provider. If this guy gets rich I might try this too.

j/k

@Naruto said: If this guy gets rich I might try this too.

LMFAO!

• AmfyAmfy Member

@VMPort: Come on, he is 16. Don't be so hard to him :P
    It's nice, that he tries to offer beta vps

edited March 2012

@Amfy said: Come on, he is 16. Don't be so hard to him :P

Yeah i know, but if a 16 year old is old enough to start a business they are old enough to take criticism :D

Dont read too far into it, im just pointing out the obvious.

• @VMPort to Shane's lemonade stand: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Lmfao

• @Amfy said: Come on, he is 16. Don't be so hard to him

If @DepotVPS_Shane is going to try this, he needs to toe the line and wait til summer like the rest of the kiddie hosts.

• @miTgiB said: If @DepotVPS_Shane is going to try this, he needs to toe the line and wait til summer like the rest of the kiddie hosts.

That's the only time that Lowendbox is more fun than Lowendtalk.

• @VMPort - Lmfao

• same here, for some reason this really does not make sense.

@miTgiB said: he needs to toe the line and wait til summer like the rest of the kiddie hosts

he think it's better to avoid peak season ;)

• AndriAndri Member

Everything become very transparent, so you guys know what he's doing. Yet the multiple thread will annoy some people. On the other hand, here's from your beta-test box, @DepotVPS_Shane:

CPU model :    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5460 @ 3.16GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 3166.509 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 128 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   9 min,
    Download speed : MB/s)- (why?)
    I/O speed : 194MB/s

• @prometeus said: If he/she is another Costantino alias I'll shoot myself on the foot (or on the balls as we say in Italy).

I guess a good note you came with!
    Unfortunately it's very, very likely that he is Co. Co. again!

• LAKidLAKid Member

14years old kid,?

edited March 2012

@LAKid said: 14years old kid,?

Oy! Don't get him mixed with me, he's 16. I'm 14. :P

• A fake press release for a new provider (reseller) run by a 16 year old which isn't even available yet with no details whatsoever (except price, gee) seemingly thought up and created overnight? Can I preorder?

Thanked by 1FLVPS
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Yeah, he just said he want to make it someday, and next day he offers service....

edited March 2012

@Infinity said: Oy! Don't get him mixed with me, he's 16. I'm 14. :P

Its easy to forget that your the age you are though, take that as a compliment :)

@Go59954 said: I guess a good note you came with!

Unfortunately it's very, very likely that he is Co. Co. again!

I followed my istinct if I'm wrong I did trashed a few bucks ;)