Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$ - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$

13»

Comments

• Thank you for moderating. I agree KeepSolid Unlimited is a solid all-rounder.

Actually, all the LTD VPN subscriptions I have paid for have fulfilled the basic purposes of a VPN service and all worth their paid price (between $12 and 35). Some are more enjoyable in everyday use, and all have their own quirks.

I am aware of KS’ policy change, still it’s irritating to log into the dashboard to manually list devices in use. I mean, why don’t their servers count the first 5 concurrent devices from a given account, like most other services do?
    KS offers 3 dedicated servers for P2P; Canada, France and Romania. From Europe, quite often I’ve been unable to connect to the FR-server and speed has proven inconsistent; 300 KB/s to 30MB/s upload range.

Indeed, the StackSocial’s Degoo/KS combo deal is gone, and the current asking price of $200 is a little bit stiff.

Has anyone paid for a run with BulletVPN?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • defaultdefault Veteran

I did some simple checks on the company behind BulletVPN.

#LowEndDetectives

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @default said:
    @treesmokah - I like about you the fact that you are worried regarding VPN and anonymity provided. Please note not all people need full anonymity.

In my case lifetime VPNs are good for downloading something (like Linux ISOs), for reading websites which are blocked by governments for "wrong thinking", or for checking a project how it behaves when connection comes from a different area of the world. The purpose for me is not to stay fully anonymous, but to do something without having to worry about someone following me or blocking me (as I am not that important anyway).

If I would want full anonymity, I would use some small VPN to buy a small VPS with crypto, and configure that VPS as highly encrypted VPN which would be used with full anonymity. Or I could use Tor Project instead. But I do not need this level of anonymity (even though I have about 5 servers donated to Tor at the moment, including 2 exit nodes). I believe in freedom of speech, freedom of journalism, and humanity's free evolution; but I rarely need that kind of anonymity myself.

This is why I appreciate your thinking. Indeed we need a perfect world where everybody is anonymous and can be trusted online; but we are not there yet as a species, because many people are greedy for money and power which actually hinders our own evolution. As such, sometimes even lifetime VPNs need a little tiny hole through which police agencies can take a peak in case some child is sexually abused somewhere and that evil content gets distributed to other bad actors (just an example).

With this in mind lifetime VPNs are good, but they don't need to be perfect, because we ourselves are not perfect.

Just be aware, you'll be much easier to track with this scheme (using your own VPS).

anonymous and can be trusted online

Lol, wut? That's nonsense. You don't appear know what "trust" means.

Thanked by 1intermall
  • @YSPaname said:

Thank you for moderating. I agree KeepSolid Unlimited is a solid all-rounder.

Actually, all the LTD VPN subscriptions I have paid for have fulfilled the basic purposes of a VPN service and all worth their paid price (between $12 and 35). Some are more enjoyable in everyday use, and all have their own quirks.

I am aware of KS’ policy change, still it’s irritating to log into the dashboard to manually list devices in use. I mean, why don’t their servers count the first 5 concurrent devices from a given account, like most other services do?
    KS offers 3 dedicated servers for P2P; Canada, France and Romania. From Europe, quite often I’ve been unable to connect to the FR-server and speed has proven inconsistent; 300 KB/s to 30MB/s upload range.

Indeed, the StackSocial’s Degoo/KS combo deal is gone, and the current asking price of $200 is a little bit stiff.

They do count the first 5 concurrent users, the problem is number 6.

• @TimboJones said:

@YSPaname said:

Thank you for moderating. I agree KeepSolid Unlimited is a solid all-rounder.

They do count the first 5 concurrent users, the problem is number 6.

Thank you TimboJones

• @default said:

#LowEndDetectives

Thank you default. I’m intrigued by BulletVPN’s services but not enough (yet) to add another service to my keyring of VPNs. I mean, I thought I had more lifetime subscriptions than my modest needs call for. And then Ympker’s posts (Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$ and GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$) made me want to try them! :#
    I’m trying to convince myself to wait for a big discount on $40 Bullet…

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@YSPaname said:

@default said:

#LowEndDetectives

Thank you default. I’m intrigued by BulletVPN’s services but not enough (yet) to add another service to my keyring of VPNs. I mean, I thought I had more lifetime subscriptions than my modest needs call for. And then Ympker’s posts (Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$ and GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$) made me want to try them! :#
    I’m trying to convince myself to wait for a big discount on $40 Bullet…

BulletVPN had a discount a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they will have more offers in future. For now it works, otherwise it would not sell through StackSocial. I don't know if I should recommend it or not, because I have not tested it.

Whatever the company, please note every lifetime is a gamble. Nobody knows how long it may last, because nobody knows what future brings, especially when there is worldwide turmoil between great-powers and superpowers.

• @default

"BulletVPN had a discount a couple of weeks ago"
    Seriously?
    Where was @Ympker all the time? On vacation? :)

Actually, I've seen the discount on StackSocial, $39 Bullet LTD down to $29 for a few days.
    But because of this post https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185523/ivacy-lifetime-vpn-deal-down-to-18 with comments like "long time no see Ivacy on sales on StackSocial"
    I was induced to purchased and then get busy validating Ivacy services, and didn't want to commit to an (another) redundant VPN service in parallel.

Besides, now that I own a few LTD VPN subscriptions, I guess my threshold for gambling on a new service is $25 (I reserve the right to change my mind if something dramatic happens like skyrocketing IT-wages, servers and electricity bills...).

Goose and Bullet caught my attention because they appear to be independent from conglomerates. Say, if PureVPN goes belly up or being taken over, how many of their partners will be taken away?

For what it's worth and although I always had positive experiences with StackSocial, I see them more as a niche reseller and less as a validation service.
    I have lowendtalk.com and its members for that, isn't it?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@YSPaname said:
    @default

"BulletVPN had a discount a couple of weeks ago"
    Seriously?
    Where was @Ympker all the time? On vacation? :)

Actually, I've seen the discount on StackSocial, $39 Bullet LTD down to $29 for a few days.
    But because of this post https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185523/ivacy-lifetime-vpn-deal-down-to-18 with comments like "long time no see Ivacy on sales on StackSocial"
    I was induced to purchased and then get busy validating Ivacy services, and didn't want to commit to an (another) redundant VPN service in parallel.

Besides, now that I own a few LTD VPN subscriptions, I guess my threshold for gambling on a new service is $25 (I reserve the right to change my mind if something dramatic happens like skyrocketing IT-wages, servers and electricity bills...).

Goose and Bullet caught my attention because they appear to be independent from conglomerates. Say, if PureVPN goes belly up or being taken over, how many of their partners will be taken away?

For what it's worth and although I always had positive experiences with StackSocial, I see them more as a niche reseller and less as a validation service.
    I have lowendtalk.com and its members for that, isn't it?

Not interested in BulletVPN, personally. Probably a bit cheaper than the regular 39,99$ it sells for. It could be a good VPN, but nothing I will buy for now. Thanks for sharing, though (for those interested).

Thanked by 1YSPaname
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2023

@YSPaname - I am not interested in BulletVPN either. I merely made some checks on the company.

Mostly I am interested in VPN services which have options for manual configuration (like .ovpn files) and also have a browser extension or at least they promise to add browser extensions. The only public VPN which I tested and does not have browser extensions is Goose VPN. Every person has their own needs and usages, so I can not possibly buy every VPN out there if they don't offer what I need.

Thanked by 2Ympker YSPaname
  • oyhacooyhaco Member

if i dont have ivacy LTD, i will buy this goose vpn deal.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@oyhaco said:

9 days left on this offer from AppSumo.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@default said:

@oyhaco said:

Unlike Stacksocial countdowns, Appsumo countdowns are real afaik

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Ympker said:

@default said:

I do not have experience with AppSumo, but if you have any experience: is it allowed to upgrade later, after the offer ends?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@default said:

@Ympker said:

@default said:

I do not have experience with AppSumo, but if you have any experience: is it allowed to upgrade later, after the offer ends?

Disregard my last. It seems the answer is in their website:

"Please note that once a deal has sold out of the AppSumo marketplace, you will only see the option to downgrade in your account as there are no additional licensing tiers available for purchase. Additionally, downgrades can only be requested within 60 days of your original purchase."

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@default said:

@Ympker said:

@default said:

I think normally you can only stack codes, if the offer becomes available on Appsumo again. Might depend on each deal/company though.

• @default said:

@Ympker said:

@default said:

"You must activate your license within 60 days of purchase"
    "60 day money-back guarantee. Try it out for 2 months to make sure it's right for you!"

I've picked Tier 1 for $19. From my AppSumo dashboard I can upgrade to Tier 2 for an additional $20 and Tier 3 for +$60.
    I'm not sure if the 2 months apply from the date of purchase or the activation date.

• You must activate your license within 60 days of purchase
    Ability to upgrade or downgrade between 3 license tiers
    60 day money-back guarantee. Try it out for 2 months to make sure it's right for you!

Double check with Goose support:
    https://appsumo.com/products/goose-vpn/#questions

• https://appsumo.com/products/goose-vpn/

Looks like the deal is back, but only to Appsumo Plus subscribers...

Any way to get a Plus trial to purchase - without the greedy $99 fee?

• @jeromeza said:
    https://appsumo.com/products/goose-vpn/

Speeds still almost give me the same speed I get without vpn. Got 250/40 DSL line and without VPN I get like 200/40, with VPN about 180ish/40 (Spain, Switzerland, Germany location).
    I also setup Goose via sideloading on my firetv stick since servers tend to be faster and I get 38 Mbit/s for US location, whereas Windscribe firetv app (wireguard) only gives me like 28 Mbit/s. So goose is 10mbits faster here which makes Crunchyroll US content load faster as far as I can tell. On PC, both yield way more Mbit/s for US location, but fire tv Stick + wifi + vpn is a performance killer.

• @Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

Speeds still almost give me the same speed I get without vpn. Got 250/40 DSL line and without VPN I get like 200/40, with VPN about 180ish/40 (Spain, Switzerland, Germany location).
    I also setup Goose via sideloading on my firetv stick since servers tend to be faster and I get 38 Mbit/s for US location, whereas Windscribe firetv app (wireguard) only gives me like 28 Mbit/s. So goose is 10mbits faster here which makes Crunchyroll US content load faster as far as I can tell. On PC, both yield way more Mbit/s for US location, but fire tv Stick + wifi + vpn is a performance killer.

Nice feedback. Thanks.

Pity it requires appsumo plus which I don’t have…

Thanked by 1YSPaname
  • @jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

Nice feedback. Thanks.

It didn't when I bought it. So maybe it will come back without AS+ some time.

Thanked by 1YSPaname
  • oh, I already used google one vpn,and I have no interesting with that PLUS,but thanks for the info

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

Nice feedback. Thanks.

Ympker was right.
    Lifetime deal is back directly from Goose for Euro99!
    https://goosevpn.com/lifetime-vpn

But it's also back on AppSumo!
    https://appsumo.com/products/goose-vpn/#pricePlans
    I have not check in details if they are identical but Tier 3 at $79 is cheaper Vs LTD sold by goosevpn.

I have a few cheap lifetime VPN services. I would recommend GOOSE and IVACY for all-round use.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @YSPaname said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

Nice feedback. Thanks.

Ympker was right.

I have not check in details if they are identical but Tier 3 at $79 is cheaper Vs LTD sold by goosevpn.

I have a few cheap lifetime VPN services. I would recommend GOOSE and IVACY for all-round use.

Fwiw, I only bought the smallest tier with 3 concurrent connections of Goose. It wasn't worth it getting their "cyber security" imho, they don't have a browser extension, and Wireguard has been on the roadlist forever. BUT, they're Europe based, speeds are among the best I get from the vpns I use (probably due to small user base) and overall it works fine. Android app only has Ikev2 so far. Manual ovpn files are supplied, though.

For a better alround package and especially for streaming I'd go vor Ivacy, but Goose can be a nice addition :)

Thanked by 2farsighter YSPaname
  • @YSPaname said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

Nice feedback. Thanks.

Ympker was right.

It's Appsumo+ though - which is paid subscription - so you can't get it as a normal Appsumo user.

Thanked by 1YSPaname
  • Hold your horses.

We offer 3 tiers of lifetime deals. All the 3 tiers having lifetime access to GOOSE VPN with unlimited bandwidth. The difference between the tiers is the amount of different devices that you can use at the same time. See here all the lifetime packages:
    – 1 device = €99,00
    – 5 devices = €159,00
    – 10 devices = 179,00

Lifetime deal GOOSE VPN - Plus exclusive
    It's a Plus Exclusive Offer, ie. only available to AppSumo Plus members
    Guide https://bloggingbeats.com/appsumo-plus/

• @jeromeza said:

@YSPaname said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

@Ympker said:

@jeromeza said:

Nice feedback. Thanks.

Ympker was right.

It's Appsumo+ though - which is paid subscription - so you can't get it as a normal Appsumo user.

You're right. I haven't paid attention to the "Plus exclusive" mention on their headline.

• GooseVPN lifetime deal is back for everyone on AppSumo (no need to be AppSumoPlus member) but Tier 1 plan is now at $29. Tier 2 and 3 $49 and $99.

Last spring, Tier 1, 2, and 3 were respectively proposed at $19, 39, and 79.

Someone: "Have you increased the price? I'm not sure, just wanted to confirm."
    GooseVPN Support: "There have been a slight change in the prices of the plans that we offer, so your assumption is correct. Among other things, this has to do with the duration of the current campaign compared to our previous listing! The current plans will now be available for a much longer time!"

I cannot comment about streaming abilities. Otherwise after 7 months of use and compared to my other 5 LTD services, GooseVPN service is solid, if one can do:

• without add-ons for browsers
    • the absence of the Wireguard protocol; "we'd like to inform you that the addition of the WireGuard protocol is still on our radar, but at the moment, it is on hold"
    • and somehow the limited numbers of exit points. Map and list of servers => https://goosevpn.com/goose-vpn-2
    Thanked by 2farsighter default