Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GooseVPN lifetime deal is back! - 19$

Comments

• @qquccs said:
    I have used GooseVPN, it is not very easy to use, not as easy to use as ivacy and fastestvpn

Ivacy has definitely way more features and even FastestVPN at this point in time has more featured. Time will tell how Goose develops in the future. I, too, prefer both Ivacy and FastestVPN over Goose currently. I still got Goose as a gamble for the future :)

• Seems like DNS is leaking with Goose's ovpn configs. They didn't add "block-outside-dns".
    After adding the line they don't leak anymore, but this shouldn't have to be something I have to do in the first place. The Client/App from Goose didn't leak DNS, but none of the ovpn config files from any other VPN I used so far was leaking DNS.

If you are using Goose add this to your ovpn configs:
    block-outside-dns

Thanked by 2Mumbly default
  • sumochat10 brings it down to $17.10

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • can i use this in a browser - i.e. do they have browser extensions or do i need to run openvpn

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@sidewinder said:
    can i use this in a browser - i.e. do they have browser extensions or do i need to run openvpn

They currently don't have a browser extension. Just get Iacy for 18$ instead :)
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185523/ivacy-lifetime-vpn-deal-down-to-18

Ivacy is way more mature as a VPN service and has all the common features you'd expect.
    At this price point it's a steal.

• @Ympker said:

Are you implying Ivacy stole a goose using a VPN?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @default said:

@Ympker said:

Are you implying Ivacy stole a goose using a VPN?

That's not something I am going to answer without my lawyer.

Thanked by 1default
  • What's kinda amusing about Goose if you street view their address it's just a house lol

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @CityBlues said:
    What's kinda amusing about Goose if you street view their address it's just a house lol

House like this?

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • @Ympker said: without my lawyer.

Where did you get lawyer for lifetime - basic subscription deal? :D

Thanked by 2Ympker treesmokah
  • @Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: without my lawyer.

Where did you get lawyer for lifetime - basic subscription deal? :D

It's a secret ;)

• Lifetime deals are making me wanna run for my life.
    Fundamentally seems no different than making bet.

• @borowsky said:
    Lifetime deals are making me wanna run for my life.
    Fundamentally seems no different than making bet.

Look at it this way. Average VPN costs $10 monthly you are guaranteed your money back here within 60 days. If it goes caput within 60 days get your money back anything over 60 days you are technically up. Longer it goes on the more you save.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @CityBlues said:
    What's kinda amusing about Goose if you street view their address it's just a house lol

#LowEndDetectives

Do they have a goose in the backyard?

• andaanda Member

which is the best in privacy, goose vpn or ivacy?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@anda said:

Privacy offer all. Anonymity though is offered up to a point: legal complaints, courts, police agents, and so on.

Please note Goose keeps logs for a year. They even brag about metadata used for a feature called Cyber Alarm.

Thanked by 1anda
  • jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2023

@default said:

@anda said:

Privacy offer all. Anonymity though is offered up to a point: legal complaints, courts, police agents, and so on.

Please note Goose keeps logs for a year. They even brag about metadata used for a feature called Cyber Alarm.

from the other post.

@treesmokah said: Just heads up, Ivacy is owned by GZ Systems Limited(they also own Pure VPN).

Pure VPN despite their "no logs policy" has given out connection logs to FBI in the past - https://torrentfreak.com/purevpn-logs-helped-fbi-net-alleged-cyberstalker-171009/
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18923155
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/cyberstalker-thwarted-by-vpn-logs-gets-17-years-in-prison/
    https://www.pcmag.com/opinions/did-purevpn-cross-a-line-when-it-disclosed-user-information

Ironically, they were later on "audited" by the same entity that "audited" FastestVPN.

Both Pure VPN and Ivacy do sketchy shit with certificates in your systems - https://customer.appesteem.com/deceptors

so I guess nothing is perfect.

• @jason5545 said:

@default said:

@anda said:

from the other post.

@treesmokah said: Just heads up, Ivacy is owned by GZ Systems Limited(they also own Pure VPN).

Pure VPN despite their "no logs policy" has given out connection logs to FBI in the past - https://torrentfreak.com/purevpn-logs-helped-fbi-net-alleged-cyberstalker-171009/
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18923155
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/cyberstalker-thwarted-by-vpn-logs-gets-17-years-in-prison/
    https://www.pcmag.com/opinions/did-purevpn-cross-a-line-when-it-disclosed-user-information

Ironically, they were later on "audited" by the same entity that "audited" FastestVPN.

Both Pure VPN and Ivacy do sketchy shit with certificates in your systems - https://customer.appesteem.com/deceptors

so I guess nothing is perfect.

vpn tech is extremely dirty, there is more bad actors than good.
    do not expect to get good service for little to no money, there is always a catch(whether its your data - most common or a beta/unstable service).

i personally stick to proven providers like Mullvad or IVPN and would never consider using any of these "lifetime" vpn's(neither ad shit like Nord, Express etc).

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@treesmokah - I like about you the fact that you are worried regarding VPN and anonymity provided. Please note not all people need full anonymity.

In my case lifetime VPNs are good for downloading something (like Linux ISOs), for reading websites which are blocked by governments for "wrong thinking", or for checking a project how it behaves when connection comes from a different area of the world. The purpose for me is not to stay fully anonymous, but to do something without having to worry about someone following me or blocking me (as I am not that important anyway).

If I would want full anonymity, I would use some small VPN to buy a small VPS with crypto, and configure that VPS as highly encrypted VPN which would be used with full anonymity. Or I could use Tor Project instead. But I do not need this level of anonymity (even though I have about 5 servers donated to Tor at the moment, including 2 exit nodes). I believe in freedom of speech, freedom of journalism, and humanity's free evolution; but I rarely need that kind of anonymity myself.

This is why I appreciate your thinking. Indeed we need a perfect world where everybody is anonymous and can be trusted online; but we are not there yet as a species, because many people are greedy for money and power which actually hinders our own evolution. As such, sometimes even lifetime VPNs need a little tiny hole through which police agencies can take a peak in case some child is sexually abused somewhere and that evil content gets distributed to other bad actors (just an example).

With this in mind lifetime VPNs are good, but they don't need to be perfect, because we ourselves are not perfect.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@default said:
    @treesmokah - I like about you the fact that you are worried regarding VPN and anonymity provided. Please note not all people need full anonymity.

In my case lifetime VPNs are good for downloading something (like Linux ISOs), for reading websites which are blocked by governments for "wrong thinking", or for checking a project how it behaves when connection comes from a different area of the world. The purpose for me is not to stay fully anonymous, but to do something without having to worry about someone following me or blocking me (as I am not that important anyway).

If I would want full anonymity, I would use some small VPN to buy a small VPS with crypto, and configure that VPS as highly encrypted VPN which would be used with full anonymity. Or I could use Tor Project instead. But I do not need this level of anonymity (even though I have about 5 servers donated to Tor at the moment, including 2 exit nodes). I believe in freedom of speech, freedom of journalism, and humanity's free evolution; but I rarely need that kind of anonymity.

This is why I appreciate your thinking. Indeed we need a perfect world where everybody is anonymous and can be trusted online; but we are not there yet as a species, because many people are greedy for money and power which actually hinders our own evolution. As such, sometimes even lifetime VPNs need a little tiny hole through which police agencies can take a peak in case some child is sexually abused somewhere and that evil content gets distributed to other bad actors (just an example).

With this in mind lifetime VPNs are good, but they don't need to be perfect, because we ourselves are not perfect.

I agree with the above. While Mullvad, IVPN and hidemy.name are offering an extra level of anonymity, for my use case (Linux ISOs, streaming, unblocking flix/blocked sites, cheaper online shopping) solutions like Ivacy/FastestVPN et al. are economically attractive and more than sufficient. I'm not a hot potato or anything either, for that matter. I will say it is important to consider what level of anonymity/security you need for your use case before signing up, but like @default pointed out, most lifetime VPNs would have some kind of loophole to not take the hit for child abuse or similar shit. It's understandable and not harmful to my use-case. Of course, use case can differ.

Thanked by 2default jason5545
  • @Ympker Here you go my man! A brand new VPN for you to try and report back for 60 days! :D https://appsumo.com/products/hapi-vpn-lifetime-vpn-service/?ref=best-match

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@CityBlues said:
    @Ympker Here you go my man! A brand new VPN for you to try and report back for 60 days! :D https://appsumo.com/products/hapi-vpn-lifetime-vpn-service/?ref=best-match

Maybe we should not go and try all the 💩 we can find online. The company was incorporated in April 2022 while the domain with main website (hapivpn.com) has Creation Date: 2022-10-26T02:10:51Z (less than 6 months ago).

This lifetime is only for their app of Android or iOS, because they provide no other service and apps at the moment. The app is a 💩 full of errors and with multiple servers not working.

The concept is simple: you use credits for connecting to VPN. The credits are obtained through payment, or through various activities in the app (playing a game, spinning a wheel, doing a daily check in, or watching ads). In theory there are no logs, but users should play with things in the app and watch targeted advertising for credits... yeah right... no logs!

This project started on Indiegogo where many people already took the bait. Their lifetime plan is still sold on Indiegogo for €56 while it is also sold for $35 (including usual -10% discount) on AppSumo. Inside the Android app itself the lifetime is €140 (way less than $200 freshly specified as full price on AppSumo).

My opinion is this: the end is nigh for this one. But hey, feel free to buy, it's your own hard-worked money.

Important note: one can test the app without paying. Even though AppSumo offers 60 days money back guaranteed, there is no reason to pay. Just download the app from the play store of your mobile operating system and try it with some free credits.

Side note: each advertisement watched gives 1 credit. The app can not be tricked with AdGuard for example, because it needs to initiate connection with the advertising server and actually show that advertisement for a few seconds to reward that 1 credit free afterwards.

Thanked by 2Ympker CityBlues
  • @default said:

@CityBlues said:
    @Ympker Here you go my man! A brand new VPN for you to try and report back for 60 days! :D https://appsumo.com/products/hapi-vpn-lifetime-vpn-service/?ref=best-match

Maybe we should not go and try all the 💩 we can find online. The company was incorporated in April 2022 while the domain with main website (hapivpn.com) has Creation Date: 2022-10-26T02:10:51Z (less than 6 months ago).

This lifetime is only for their app of Android or iOS, because they provide no other service and apps at the moment. The app is a 💩 full of errors and with multiple servers not working.

The concept is simple: you use credits for connecting to VPN. The credits are obtained through payment, or through various activities in the app (playing a game, spinning a wheel, doing a daily check in, or watching ads). In theory there are no logs, but users should play with things in the app and watch targeted advertising for credits... yeah right... no logs!

This project started on Indiegogo where many people already took the bait. Their lifetime plan is still sold on Indiegogo for €56 while it is also sold for $35 (including usual -10% discount) on AppSumo. Inside the Android app itself the lifetime is €140 (way less than $200 freshly specified as full price on AppSumo).

My opinion is this: the end is nigh for this one. But hey, feel free to buy, it's your own hard-worked money.

Important note: one can test the app without paying. Even though AppSumo offers 60 days money back guaranteed, there is no reason to pay. Just download the app from the play store of your mobile operating system and try it with some free credits.

Side note: each advertisement watched gives 1 credit. The app can not be tricked with AdGuard for example, because it needs to initiate connection with the advertising server and actually show that advertisement for a few seconds to reward that 1 credit free afterwards.

Well I appreciate you clearing all that up! Thanks!

• @default on LES i noticed you mentioned you also use Getflix VPN. I also have Lifetime deal from SS. On the VPN under profile it states 'Free Trial' with no end date. VPN works fine just wondering does it state the same for you?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@CityBlues said:
    @default on LES i noticed you mentioned you also use Getflix VPN. I also have Lifetime deal from SS. On the VPN under profile it states 'Free Trial' with no end date. VPN works fine just wondering does it state the same for you?

The plan is lifetime with a lot of time displayed in Getflix.com > Client Area > Subscription: Subscription Expiry Jun 18, 2052

However, in profile of the app shows Free Trial, even though it works fine.

Thanked by 2Ympker CityBlues
  • Anyone tried gaming on this VPN? How's the latency?

• @daemonsyn said:
    Anyone tried gaming on this VPN? How's the latency?

With GooseVPN OpenVPN, I got the fastest speedtests results from any VPN service I used so far. I can basically get 100% of what I get in Download speed without VPN (250 Mbit/s max dl DSL, without vpn usually 190ish Mbit/s dl, with GooseVPN also 190 Mbit/s). Also pages in chrome load kind of instantly, while with other VPNs I noticed a tiny delay. It's probably because their servers are not under much load due to lower user base. So, I'd assume it's also quite good for gaming. That said, scroll through this thread to see what GooseVPN is lacking. It's by no means the best vpn, but perhaps it can fulfill your (gaming) use case. Why not buy for 19$ and try it for 2 months? Appsumo has 60 days money back guarantee.

• @Ympker said:
    Seems like DNS is leaking with Goose's ovpn configs. They didn't add "block-outside-dns".
    After adding the line they don't leak anymore, but this shouldn't have to be something I have to do in the first place. The Client/App from Goose didn't leak DNS, but none of the ovpn config files from any other VPN I used so far was leaking DNS.

If you are using Goose add this to your ovpn configs:
    block-outside-dns

"If you are using Goose add this to your ovpn configs: block-outside-dns"

Adding this line work fine for most OpenVPN clients in Windows or Linux.
    But will result in "Error - check configuration" with my Asus-Merlin router.

• IMHO Goose is a no-frills but good enough VPN service.
    The service worths the lifetime deal prices currently at $20, $40 at appsumo.com for 3, 10 simultaneous connections if one can do with the current limited exit nodes outside of Europe, and/or wants to stay away from the big VPN conglomerates.
    I care less for the lack of slit-tunneling but really miss the lack of addons for browsers.

My ranking among my cheap lifetime VPNs would be:
    1- Ivacy
    2- FastestVPN, Goose (FVPN has more features and countries but Goose is consistently faster)
    3- VeePN
    4- KeepSolid Unlimited, VPNSecure (KS' specific-5-devices policy is a pain, inconsistent P2P speed with KS from Western Europe)

Testing done with Windows machines, and a Lubuntu virtual machine hosted by a NAS
    With Goose's Windows desktop App or 3rd party Apps (OpenVPN Win, Eddie Win, Linux Network Manager GUIs)
    No test with streaming platforms (I have no subscription) or Android devices.

With IPv6 set to Off at the operating system level, no DNS-leak reported by either dnsleaktest.com, ipleak.net, or whoer.net

On my theorical Gigabit Down/Up connection (more like 200-700 Mbps), speed through Goose VPN servers located in Western Europe shows peaks around 130 Mbps and a consistent 60-70 Mbps Down & Up range in P2P; at the higher end of what I get with competing cheap LTD VPNs, without Port-Forwarding feature.
    60-70 Mbps bandwidth range is good enough for my use, browsing and casual P2P.

About Goose's Windows App.
    English, Dutch, German, and French are available for Goose's graphical user interface.
    Except for the OpenVPN protocol, all other proposed protocols (IKEv2, L2TP, PPTP) failed to connect; odd but not an issue for me.
    There are servers listed for P2P or streaming. Cf. the list here: https://support.goosevpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/5081142986130-Install-GOOSE-VPN-with-OpenVPN-on-NAS-Synology-OS
    Autopilot feature: "Always connect unless the network has been trusted. Internet will be blocked when VPN loses connection as a precaution".

(as of early May 2023)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@YSPaname said:
    IMHO Goose is a no-frills but good enough VPN service.
    The service worths the lifetime deal prices currently at $20, $40 at appsumo.com for 3, 10 simultaneous connections if one can do with the current limited exit nodes outside of Europe, and/or wants to stay away from the big VPN conglomerates.
    I care less for the lack of slit-tunneling but really miss the lack of addons for browsers.

My ranking among my cheap lifetime VPNs would be:
    1- Ivacy
    2- FastestVPN, Goose (FVPN has more features and countries but Goose is consistently faster)
    3- VeePN
    4- KeepSolid Unlimited, VPNSecure (KS' specific-5-devices policy is a pain, inconsistent P2P speed with KS from Western Europe)

Testing done with Windows machines, and a Lubuntu virtual machine hosted by a NAS
    With Goose's Windows desktop App or 3rd party Apps (OpenVPN Win, Eddie Win, Linux Network Manager GUIs)
    No test with streaming platforms (I have no subscription) or Android devices.

With IPv6 set to Off at the operating system level, no DNS-leak reported by either dnsleaktest.com, ipleak.net, or whoer.net

On my theorical Gigabit Down/Up connection (more like 200-700 Mbps), speed through Goose VPN servers located in Western Europe shows peaks around 130 Mbps and a consistent 60-70 Mbps Down & Up range in P2P; at the higher end of what I get with competing cheap LTD VPNs, without Port-Forwarding feature.
    60-70 Mbps bandwidth range is good enough for my use, browsing and casual P2P.

About Goose's Windows App.
    English, Dutch, German, and French are available for Goose's graphical user interface.
    Except for the OpenVPN protocol, all other proposed protocols (IKEv2, L2TP, PPTP) failed to connect; odd but not an issue for me.
    There are servers listed for P2P or streaming. Cf. the list here: https://support.goosevpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/5081142986130-Install-GOOSE-VPN-with-OpenVPN-on-NAS-Synology-OS
    Autopilot feature: "Always connect unless the network has been trusted. Internet will be blocked when VPN loses connection as a precaution".

(as of early May 2023)

I wouldn't place Keepsolid that low, but that depends on use case and personal experience, of course.

Just to add: Keepsolid changed their device policy, so now if you only have 5 devices you can remove them any time at will. If you have 10 device limit you can remove the first 5 devices any time and the other with some time in between.

KS changed their device policy; Check:

Note: You may remove the first 5 devices without restrictions monthly. After that, you will be limited to removing 1 device per day for a month from the date of the removal of the first device.

The Stacksocial bundle you linked for KS has been sold out for a while so there is only their official website to purchase lifetime now.