Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about Hetzners new "Servermarket"?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think about Hetzners new "Servermarket"?

AmfyAmfy Member
edited March 2012 in General

http://www.serverbidding.com/

You can find there Servers which are used and have specific things (like three hdds instead of two). So Hetzner is not able to use them for their normal products. I like the idea...

The prices are actually a bit too high, but only because many computer-news-pages in Germany have reported about

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

Thats nice :) This way they are sure all servers are leased, better lower the price than have stock. I am not sure if 25 Euro cover the price for electricity and network +all other costs tho, If they have to pay a fixed price for the bills, tho, it makes sense.
    M

• I think it's an awesome idea, too bad I don't need dedicated servers anymore :(.

• tuxtux Member

Why there are setup cost?

• One month fee.

• tuxtux Member
    edited March 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: One month fee.

+setup cost

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2012

@tux said: +setup cost

No, one monthly fee is the setup cost.

Setup (einmal): 25,00 €
    Preis (monatl.): 25,00 €

• Sick price for an i7 980x, 24GB RAM and 4x 300GB SAS in HW RAID, 144€ or something?

• lumaluma Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: No, one monthly fee is the setup cost.

No, it is the cost of one month as setup fee + the monthly cost. so your first month will cost you 50 euro, then 25 each month after that.

I think these prices are not that great for old hardware, especially with a setup fee.

You can get a nice little server with OVH that has 2GB of ram and 1TB disk for 14.99 euro with ZERO setup fee.

• tuxtux Member
    edited March 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: No, one monthly fee is the setup cost.

Are you sure? Look their standard server pricing (see example below) and then compare their auction pricing

Price (monthly): 39.00 €
    Setup (once): 0.00 €

• AmfyAmfy Member

@birdie25 you mean a good or bad price for that?

I think it is good, because sixcore-cpu, 24gb ram, 4*300GB SAS 15k rpm harddisks for 144€ is really ok

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2012

@luma said: No, it is the cost of one month as setup fee + the monthly cost. so your first month will cost you 50 euro, then 25 each month after that.

Sorry i didnt express myself clear enough, by saying "one monthly fee is the setup cost" i ment that setup fee == one monthly fee

• FLVPSFLVPS Member
    edited March 2012

I saw i7, 12gb RAM, 1.5TB hdd (was late.. I think that was the spec) for 60 EUR + 60 EUR setup. I thought Hetzner offered servers in Central US (Kansas City, I think).. when did this change? I know they are a German company, maybe with so many companies offering similar I'm merging two companies together in my head

• @FLVPS said: I thought Hetzner offered servers in Central US (Kansas City, I think)

Nope, they've always only offered servers in Germany as far as i know
    http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/unternehmen/rechenzentrum

Hetzner Online verfügt über mehrere unternehmenseigene Hochleistungs-Rechenzentren im Raum Nürnberg sowie über einen TÜV-zertifizierten Datacenter-Park in Falkenstein/Vogtl.

• their regular plans include i7 920 12gb ram 2x3tb softw raid for 49euro a month and 149euro setup fee @FLVPS

• Its actually even an i7-2600 with 16gb ram
    http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, well, i cant afford the setup fee :(
    M

• AdamAdam Member

Should of got one last night when the place was scarce.

Saw an i7 975, 12gb ram, 3 x 1.5TB for €56/month + €56 setup

• Picked up a i7 980, 24 gig RAM, 2x 120 GB SSD, HW RAID for $82.

I ordered it last minute, when there was about 2 minutes left on the thing. Turns out that if I would have waited, the price would have went down more...........

• Some of those prices are pretty good but with some nice VPS these days, it seems like the VPS is a better buy.

• @gsrdgrdghd thanks thats which i meant indeed