Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2022

@vyas11 said:

@jsg said:

@vyas11 said:
    That’s a Lot of writing but considering the credit offered, well…

No, these two are not different from other reviews I did and the credit has exactly 0 influence on the data.

I am saying considering the words published, 50 is too small a credit. Lowballed almost.

And I say that LiteServer probably do not even know that I published a review of their storage VPS.

So, just stop your heinous insinuations, they are baseless.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@jsg said:

@vyas11 said:

@jsg said:

@vyas11 said:
    That’s a Lot of writing but considering the credit offered, well…

No, these two are not different from other reviews I did and the credit has exactly 0 influence on the data.

I am saying considering the words published, 50 is too small a credit. Lowballed almost.

And I say that LiteServer probably do not even know that I published a review of their storage VPS.

So, just stop your heinous insinuations, they are baseless.

Stating the facts, you seem to be a smart (some may say oversmart) chap, divide the credit received by words spewed by your good self in this very discussion, and my point will hold good.

Baseless is an assumption on your part, I wish you well.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2022

We are waiting for the proper public announcement. This reminder will go every monday for at least 4 weeks from now.

Thanked by 3iKeyZ caracal adly
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited July 2022

@LTniger said:
    We are waiting for the proper public announcement. This reminder will go every monday for at least 4 weeks from now.

He said it won't be on Monday.

@Jord said:
    I will make sure everything runs better, I will keep everyone updated, and it won't be on a Monday.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2022

@webcraft said:

@LTniger said:

He said it won't be on Monday.

@Jord said:
    I will make sure everything runs better, I will keep everyone updated, and it won't be on a Monday.

Tha twas sarcasm and a tribute to another, somehow similar, fiasco.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • drizbodrizbo Member

@webcraft said: He said it won't be on Monday.

No, but on 15th it was said "next week" there will be announcement by the Boss Jay himself.

Or maybe one of the 8 employees that each take care of 1 server could say something maybe.

Thanked by 1webcraft

I don't hold my breath waiting for a @seriesn announcement. But then, at its core this is not about this or that person but about the company NexusBytes. As long as their servers run fine (again) and their customers are served and supported well thanks to @Jord I don't really care much.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@jsg said:
    I don't hold my breath waiting for a @seriesn announcement. But then, at its core this is not about this or that person but about the company NexusBytes. As long as their servers run fine (again) and their customers are served and supported well thanks to @Jord I don't really care much.

It's fairly important though IMO as Jay still runs NB and will continue to do so going forwards. Doing a no show while NB is in recovery doesn't exactly sit well with me.

Thanked by 1adly

@iKeyZ said:

@jsg said:

It's fairly important though IMO as Jay still runs NB and will continue to do so going forwards. Doing a no show while NB is in recovery doesn't exactly sit well with me.

Full ACK.
    I merely meant that, to put it frankly, I don't give much about announcements from or re Jay anymore. I just hope that he doesn't make @Jord look bad by yet again not showing up..

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@WSWD said: Actually my.nexusbytes.com is showing valid now too. Must have been a glitch on the WHMCS side.

I've had a variety of hosts claim this over the years when submitting offers to LEB. Usually the story is

Me: "sorry, you pirated WHMCS"
    Them: "no, really we didn't! Check again!"

And then it appears fine on the WHMCS site.

However, I've also had a few where I've checked, waited a day, and then checked it again and it was fine. Could be hosts running on reaaaaallly thin margins or could be that the WHMCS system is not always accurate.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@raindog308 said: Could be hosts running on reaaaaallly thin margins or could be that the WHMCS system is not always accurate.

I believe it's safe to say that it's the latter :smiley:

Thanked by 2pepa65 TimboJones
  • @DP said:

@raindog308 said: Could be hosts running on reaaaaallly thin margins or could be that the WHMCS system is not always accurate.

Very much so - we've had the issue multiple times. Even being locked out because their own licensing system broke - I can't in good faith automatically assume piracy when ive experienced how hit and miss licensing is

Thanked by 2pepa65 pepa65
  • tjntjn Member

I believe it also marks it as invalid if you're overdue on an invoice.

• LeviLevi Member

First overdue notice: no official statement from the project owner about the situation.

Next scheduled check and message: 2022/08/01.

• @DP said:

I'm guessing they have no Grace period and don't have active notifications when their system doesn't get callbacks ever so many hours.

• @TimboJones said:

@DP said:

I'm guessing they have no Grace period and don't have active notifications when their system doesn't get callbacks ever so many hours.

No it is just poor design and technical incompetency 😛

• @chria838373 said:

@TimboJones said:

@DP said:

So...whmcs.

Thanked by 1chria838373
  • @LTniger said:
    First overdue notice: no official statement from the project owner about the situation.

in fact, it was said that the project owner would comment on the current situation in a timely manner and in person. so far, nothing has happened... a bad sign?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2022

@serv_ee said:

@chria838373 said:

@TimboJones said:

@DP said:

So...whmcs.

So I reached out to WHMCS asking about their "License Verification" and how sometimes domains are marked as invalid or "not authorized to be using WHMCS" when it actually is, licensed and authorized.

Here's their response:

The Domain Checker we provide will check to see if the license is active in our system. If a license is not active then the license will show as invalid.

There may be other factors that are checked for. Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on those as they would be set by our management team.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited July 2022

@DP said:

@serv_ee said:

@chria838373 said:

@TimboJones said:

@DP said:

So...whmcs.

So I reached out to WHMCS asking about their "License Verification" and how sometimes domains are marked as invalid or "not authorized to be using WHMCS" when it actually is, licensed and authorized.

Here's their response:

The Domain Checker we provide will check to see if the license is active in our system. If a license is not active then the license will show as invalid.

There may be other factors that are checked for. Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on those as they would be set by our management team.

So in short there's actually no way to know for sure. Might be their activation server acting up, the host server, might be nulled. All we get from that answer is God might be real aswell.

• LeviLevi Member

@hyperblast said:

@LTniger said:

in fact, it was said that the project owner would comment on the current situation in a timely manner and in person. so far, nothing has happened... a bad sign?

No, just a sign that the project owner is lier and has no respect towards his clients.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • The family carries much shame these days :(

• @serv_ee said:

@chria838373 said:

@TimboJones said:

@DP said:

So...whmcs.

Yes lol it really lost its way when Matt got paid! I used to be excited about updates back then.... Those were the days!

• @DP said:

@serv_ee said:

@chria838373 said:

@TimboJones said:

@DP said:

So...whmcs.

Here's their response:

Respond back:

Please put me in contact with your management team. They may not be aware how poorly their system is functioning and should take immediate steps to improve a clearly broken system.

Thanked by 1chria838373
  • @raindog308 said:

@WSWD said: Actually my.nexusbytes.com is showing valid now too. Must have been a glitch on the WHMCS side.

I've had a variety of hosts claim this over the years when submitting offers to LEB. Usually the story is

Me: "sorry, you pirated WHMCS"
    Them: "no, really we didn't! Check again!"

And then it appears fine on the WHMCS site.

However, I've also had a few where I've checked, waited a day, and then checked it again and it was fine. Could be hosts running on reaaaaallly thin margins or could be that the WHMCS system is not always accurate.

May someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's nonsense by the WHMCS that they don't care to correct.
    If you don't log in every day (or so), it starts showing your license as invalid.
    The solution (WHMCS seems happy with) is to log in daily.

• LeviLevi Member

Second overdue notice: no official statement from the project owner about the situation.

Next scheduled check and message: 2022/08/08.

• @LTniger said:
    Second overdue notice: no official statement from the project owner about the situation.

Reminds me of someone but can't really remember who :#

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @drizbo said:

@LTniger said:

Reminds me of someone but can't really remember who :#

He Who Shall Not Be Named

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Props to @Jord. I'm confident enough that things are returning back to the old normal that I'm not going to be bailing on NexusBytes any longer.

I lost hope like many did there for a bit, but my confidence has been restored.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@MannDude said:
    Props to @Jord. I'm confident enough that things are returning back to the old normal that I'm not going to be bailing on NexusBytes any longer.

I lost hope like many did there for a bit, but my confidence has been restored.

I'm not so sure when it was said that Jay would be here for an update/statement two weeks ago now and hasn't made an appearance. I appreciate what @Jord is doing, but he still doesn't "own" NB and if the plug was pulled higher up I'm unsure what he'd really be able to do..

Thanked by 1adly