Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions hacked? - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions hacked?

Comments

• One hacker succeeded in summoning cociu, which had been unresponsive to so many calls.
    The sacrifices were made in the flesh and blood of the users, yes, their personal information.
    Enjoy the chit-chat with cociu.

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited December 2021

@srvjap said:
    One hacker succeeded in summoning cociu, which had been unresponsive to so many calls.
    The sacrifices were made in the flesh and blood of the users, yes, their personal information.
    Enjoy the chit-chat with cociu.

yep, in this PURGE ACTION they banned (except cociu) that vigilante and that wooden rack guy (he already had plans for the next 5-6 years here...)

unfortunately one Romanian scammer supporter here is still on the loose... ;)

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • malignifymalignify Member
    edited December 2021

Stars of the show and their roles. (Edited)

The Hacker & Perpetrator: @hostingsolutionssux (Banned)
    The Irresponsible Provider & Perfume Seller: @cociu (Banned)
    The Sleazy Opportunist: @Calin (Banned)
    The Victims: HostSolutions Customers (Active)

• @malignify said:
    Stars of the show and their roles.

The Victim: @cociu (Banned)

VICTIM??????????????????????

are you out of your mind? or Romanian state of mind?

did he inform any affected customer about this data breach when this happened a month ago (which is required by GDPR)?

• Yeah calling @cociu a victim is hilarious.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

LMFTFY

@malignify said:
    The Victim Involucrated Scammer: @cociu (Banned)

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @Andrews said:

@malignify said:

did he inform any affected customer about this data breach when this happened a month ago (which is required by GDPR)?

Easy now cowboy. I'm not on his side and never was.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    LMFTFY

@malignify said:

1. The Taco Boy who tried to cover whole Romanian scam for two months: jsg (taken away crown of the King Of Fake Benchmarks)
  • @NobodyInteresting said:
    Yeah calling @cociu a victim is hilarious.

Yeah I assigned the wrong roles. I take that back. Edited.

• @malignify said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Yeah calling @cociu a victim is hilarious.

Yeah I assigned the wrong roles. I take that back. Edited.

Much better 😜

Thanked by 1Andrews
  • frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@Andrews said:

@malignify said:

Well, if some of you send a GDPR complaint, Cociu will be involucrated for good.
    https://www.dataprotection.ro/index.jsp?page=Plangeri_meniu&lang=en
    https://www.dataprotection.ro/index.jsp?page=Plangeri_RGPD&lang=en

• @MikaelStrang said:

@TimboJones said:

@KermEd said:

@TimboJones said:

@hostingsolutionssux said:

@Hotmarer said:
    @hostingsolutionssux If we ask nicely, will you provide us with our backups of virtual machines?

Sorry, but I saved very few, I didn't think anyone was still using this bad host so I removed most of it.

This guy is fucking obtuse.

Speaking of which, you've made 9 posts in a row, and counting, with most of them to a disabled account

You feeling OK? You know you can quote more than one person a post right?

Consolidating unrelated quoted posts is stupid. But whining about scrolling just a little bit more is pretty lame.

You respond to stuff but your points get invalidated as you scroll on. You should've read everything first before replying to 100 different posts, then made a big reply to everything. LET Has drafts for a reason you know :open_mouth:

Then you would know that threads can be closed at any time and when catching up on long threads it has happened several times where the thread is closed before post is submitted. Further, I'm on LET on a holiday in free time where I may not have the time to finish the thread, so then end up with a draft never posted or just way out of date.

What was invalidated later on? Nothing, or else I'd edit or reply to the new info. Even people who posted earlier in the day got information wrong that was previously stated.

The posts were over 30-60 minutes and multiple pages. The main difference is that the majority of discussion happened earlier in the day.

@TimboJones said: Will be very interested to know you plan on doing this. (Hint, you're a script kiddy who is full of shit). I've got some ground beef, can you make me a cow?

Also you make zero sense here. The person already proved they hacked the website. I don't know why you're trying to make them mad when they already agreed to delete it and not do anything with it. Very annoying as my data is in there and I don't want it leaked, so pipe down. You're acting younger than whoever probably hacked it.

He was talking about reversing passwords, which he cannot do. So not sure what you're concerned about that my comment makes a difference.

He's already proven this is for attention. Calling him a hacker is feeding his ego and reason to keep doing it. He's not getting any respect from me.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited December 2021

@TimboJones said:
    He was talking about reversing passwords, which he cannot do. So not sure what you're concerned about that my comment makes a difference.

From what I understand (disclaimer: I have no experience with WHMCS internals), people were referring to the "encrypted" field which I assume is the symmetrically encrypted VPS password.

I've seen panels that are still able to display the password after generating them so I assume it's storing it in some form that can be reversed (e.g. encrypted) plus the encryption key, I also wouldn't be surprised if WHMCS does something similar.

• @malignify said:
    Stars of the show and their roles. (Edited)

The Irresponsible Provider & Perfume Seller: @cociu (Banned)
    The Victims: HostSolutions Customers (Active)

This could be used as "starring" section in a potential saga's sequel called "Christmas Solutions", with comments from other experts in the hosting field, email images, phone recordings, WHMCS reports on how data is kept and stored, password encryption explained, all packed and directed by @raindog308 on Youtube.

However, please note that holiday is for everybody, including moderators. So they might want to spend time with their families too.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • @jmgcaguicla said:

@TimboJones said:

From what I understand (disclaimer: I have no experience with WHMCS internals), people were referring to the "encrypted" field which I assume is the symmetrically encrypted VPS password.

I've seen panels that are still able to display the password after generating them so I assume it's storing it in some form that can be reversed (e.g. encrypted) plus the encryption key, I also wouldn't be surprised if WHMCS does something similar.

My recollection was someone confirming it was bcrypt hashed.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said: all packed and directed by @raindog308

Speaking of @raindog308, I managed to take this picture some weeks ago as I was watching some movie on Netflix, can't remember which.

• @DP said:

@default said: all packed and directed by @raindog308

Speaking of @raindog308

"Eye in the sky"

So, you're saying Colin Firth is administrating here, huh? 🤣

Thanked by 2DP FrankZ

@Falzo said: "Eye in the sky"

That was it! :smiley:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2021

@Andrews said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    LMFTFY

@malignify said:

1. The Taco Boy who tried to cover whole Romanian scam for two months: jsg (taken away crown of the King Of Fake Benchmarks)

That's of course a series of lies, but anyway, thank you for obviously hating me. I'd be really concerned if someone like you didn't hate me.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2021

@jsg said:

@Andrews said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    LMFTFY

@malignify said:

That's of course a series of lies, but anyway, thank you for obviously hating me. I'd be really concerned if someone like you didn't hate me.

i dont feel good. why haven't u cussed at @chocolateshirt and @JasonM for liking this comment

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited December 2021

This is more easy to solve.

Mods should check if Cociu account in Lowendtalk: ( @jbiloh @PieHasBeenEaten @raindog308 ):

1. If IP of cociu remains the same (some IPs from ISPs doesn't change for years)
    2. If the emails remains the same of the account
    3. If password was changed recently (in this past weeks or hours)
    4. Others methods (moderators and administrators of lowendtalk should know what I'm talking about)
    5. Last case and scenario try to get his personal contact in Skype.

If anything of this is changed probably his account has been hacked.
    Sorry, but i'm away from the "scenes"

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Also got this email from a hacker - I've told cociu numerous times that his website was compromised and he had to sort it.

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited December 2021

@MikePT said:
    Also got this email from a hacker - I've told cociu numerous times that his website was compromised and he had to sort it.

So if you have his contacts, why you don't try to clarify if is him or not? Probably his account from LET have been also hacked... Not surprised. Also a good explanation about Calin and that should be great, for all customers and clients of lowendtalk and end the year without more drama and shady things.

This things MUST be clarified.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

In case you didn't know, @MikeET used to work as a support rep.

The dude has tried to help cicou more than once but he would not listen. Don't you dare crucify him.

• @sandoz said:

MikePT said:

So if you have his contacts, why you don't try to clarify if is him or not? Probably his account from LET have been also hacked... Not surprised. Also a good explanation about Calin and that should be great, for all customers and clients of lowendtalk and end the year without more drama and shady things.

I suggest you need to read the involucration saga first.

@chocolateshirt said:

@sandoz said:

MikePT said:

I suggest you need to read the involucration saga first.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@sandoz said:
    This is more easy to solve.

Mods should check if Cociu account in Lowendtalk: ( @jbiloh @PieHasBeenEaten @raindog308 ):

1. If IP of cociu remains the same (some IPs from ISPs doesn't change for years)
    2. If the emails remains the same of the account
    3. If password was changed recently (in this past weeks or hours)
    4. Others methods (moderators and administrators of lowendtalk should know what I'm talking about)
    5. Last case and scenario try to get his personal contact in Skype.

If anything of this is changed probably his account has been hacked.
    Sorry, but i'm away from the "scenes"

IF the hacker has no access to the HS network anymore ...

• anyone have a portable wooden stake kit and willing to end this Transylvania drama for good???

• @MikePT said:

That might be the issue, but dont know, how deep the hole is and if the terrahost access is a deeper hole lastly to HS WCMS, because the data isnt that old.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Andrews said:

What do you have against tacos, you anti-tacoite?