Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BACKUPSY] Backup/Storage VPS with 512MB RAM, 500GB Storage, KVM Virtualization!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BACKUPSY] Backup/Storage VPS with 512MB RAM, 500GB Storage, KVM Virtualization!

serverianserverian Member
edited April 2013 in Offers

Hello LET,

After a week of closed beta testing, we are glad to announce that we started taking orders.

For an opening gesture, we are offering the following plan for $7/month ($20/month regularly):

KVM Virtualization

1 vCPU (Intel Nehalem Xeon L5520, Fair share)
512 MB Memory
500GB RAID 50 Storage Space (HP P410 Controller with cache memory and BBU with Seagate Constellation ES hard drives)
2000GB Traffic Limit
1Gbps Uplink
1 IPv4

[ORDER NOW] or contact us about your questions here: https://backupsy.com/

For whom wants a smaller storage VPS for $5/month:

KVM Virtualization

1 vCPU (Intel Nehalem Xeon L5520, Fair share)
512 MB Memory
250GB RAID 50 Storage Space (HP P410 Controller with cache memory and BBU with Seagate Constellation ES hard drives)
1000GB Traffic Limit
1Gbps Uplink
1 IPv4

[ORDER NOW]

If you want to try it before you buy, feel free to PM me. We are also offering a 7 day no questions asked money back guarantee.

We utilize our custom control panel that has ability to install popular Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS) automatically by scripting (Kickstart, Preseed). (You can however, install them manually by using our out of band Java based console)

We are also offering ISO mounts for popular storage management operating systems such as FreeNAS, Openfiler, Openmediavault and Turnkey Linux Fileserver. For additional ISO files, please contact us by simply opening a ticket and we will add them for free.

You can view our control panel screenshot here:

Test IP: 192.208.190.131
Test File: http://192.208.190.131/1000MB.test
Uptime for last 30 days: 99.968% (Taken from nodeping)

Our TOS is linked here: https://backupsy.com/tos.html

Disclaimer: Our VPS products are only allowed to run programs intended to store or assist in the backup of Subscriber's data. Anyone found running programs not intended to store or assist in backup will be suspended and asked to cease, if they fail to, termination will follow.

Comments

• Is this solus beautifully integrated with whmcs?

• @seriesn said: Is this solus beautifully integrated with whmcs?

No :)

• Custom? Secsy.

• Am I allowed to install a hosting panel (eg. VirtualMin) to manage FTP accounts for multiple users while some of them may put simple websites on it? Or only FTP allowed and no website?

• @seriesn said: Custom? Secsy.

Yes, it's custom made by myself.

• @AstroProfundis said: Am I allowed to install a hosting panel (eg. VirtualMin) to manage FTP accounts for multiple users while some of them may put simple websites on it? Or only FTP allowed and no website?

You can install a hosting panel to manage your FTP accounts, no problem.

• @serverian said: Yes, it's custom made by myself.

I hate you. You make me jealous.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Is a private ownCloud installation allowed?

• @Nekki said: Is a private ownCloud installation allowed?

Yes.

• @serverian

That looks nice :) Libvirt?

• edited April 2013

@serverian said: You can install a hosting panel to manage your FTP accounts

Actually I mean if websites allowed.

BTW, already ordered one, the control panel is cool :)

EDIT: And I think NFS server is allowed?

• @serverian said: Disclaimer: Our VPS products are only allowed to run programs intended to store or assist in the backup of Subscriber's data.

The control panel and the website are absolutely stunning. Would've been all over this if it could be used as a regular VPS, but I don't have nearly enough data to warrant getting one solely for backup, despite the very tasty offer.

Best of luck with this, might check it out again in the future.

• lurchlurch Member

How do you get the $7 price? clicking the order now link you posted shows it as $20.

• @lurch said: How do you get the $7 price? clicking the order now link you posted shows it as $20.

The promocode GOTMEADEAL will give you $13 recurring discount at checkout. It's automatically added when you click the link.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: That looks nice :) Libvirt?

It's not. :)

@AstroProfundis said: Actually I mean if websites allowed.

BTW, already ordered one, the control panel is cool :)

EDIT: And I think NFS server is allowed?

Thank you for your order. Yes, NFS is allowed.

@Chronic said: The control panel and the website are absolutely stunning. Would've been all over this if it could be used as a regular VPS, but I don't have nearly enough data to warrant getting one solely for backup, despite the very tasty offer.

Best of luck with this, might check it out again in the future.

PM or send a ticket and I can probably do an exception for you if you won't use it for torrenting and stuff.

@lurch said: How do you get the $7 price? clicking the order now link you posted shows it as $20.

Please click Checkout and you'll see the promotion code is already entered and the total recurring price is $7/month

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Really tempted to take one of these, but will have to drop another plan or two first - how limited is this promo?

• @Nekki said: Really tempted to take one of these, but will have to drop another plan or two first - how limited is this promo?

Probably will last a week or two. I'm planning to run 250GB at $7 then.

Oktay

• lurchlurch Member

@servian thanks, i'd like to pay quarterly or even yearly is it possible you can configure the discount code to work with these options?

• @lurch, I've sent you a PM.

Oktay

• Any problem using this with Bittorrent Sync for backup?

• serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2013

@verloren said: Any problem using this with Bittorrent Sync for backup?

If you are not going to seed/leach movies etc or use it for public, then it's allowed.

• @serverian said: Anyone found running programs not intended to store or assist in backup will be suspended and asked to cease, if they fail to, termination will follow.

Hope you don't mind me asking this, but how are you planning to monitor the running programs inside a KVM container? Or are you going to sniff the network for available services or something?

• @MiguelQ said: Hope you don't mind me asking this, but how are you planning to monitor the running programs inside a KVM container? Or are you going to sniff the network for available services or something?

I've developed a tool to get process list of a KVM VM. Also doing snort.

• Nice offer and control panel.

• alexalex Member

what's the point of having 512MB of memory if it's a storage only machine?

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited April 2013

@alex said: what's the point of having 512MB of memory if it's a storage only machine?

Because why not? It gives you breathing room to run any control panels you may want.

Network seems to be good, was able to transfer 20GB+ within 10 minutes, from FlipHost.

• nikcnikc Member

@alex said: what's the point of having 512MB of memory if it's a storage only machine?

I kinda wondered the same.

• @alex, @nikc, there are issues with RAM amount lower than 512MB when installing Centos or Openfiler with KVM. That's why we are offering 512MB ram to make everything smooth.

This also gives you breathing room to run web GUI's within the server like openmediavault as @mojeda mentioned.

• @serverian said: RAID 50 Storage Space

Hot spares?

• rrrrrr Member

@serverian Check your inbox