Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regarding the recent issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Regarding the recent issues

curtisgcurtisg Banned
edited April 2013 in General

I feel the need to create a post regarding the recent issues, I've been personally having some issues however been managing though them, the offer was fine but volumedrive fucked up(excuse my language), I've had ticket open for a few days, I ordered another server since they were taking too long to reply, they haven't set up the new one OR replied to the ticket.

This is a fault on my part, I'm willing to refund anyone who requests it until I get these issues sorted out with VolumeDrive. I deeply apologies for any mayhem this may of caused, however VolumeDrive is causing me mayhem and I've been trying to stall for a while until they get my issue sorted.

I hope you'll accept this apology and understand that I was trying to get it as fast as possible, however VD is just... well..

Please send me a PM and I will handle it, if you have any more questions, please ask.

Comments

• Even though I am a little douchy sometimes I think it is wrong for @Jeffrey to facebook your mom.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited April 2013

Why the need for another thread?

You setup a company and accepted orders when you have no servers to for them orders. You wouldn't sell an apple to someone if you don't have any apples.

If you classed the orders as "pre-orders" then that's acceptable, but you didn't.

• @MrAndroid said: Why the need for another thread?

Since that thread is long.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

OK, now this is different, hope many more people read this and understand a few things.
    The offer itself was great, f I didnt have a dedi close already, I would have considered it.

• I agree with @Spencer that the FB message to your mum was slightly over the line, especially before you had a full chance to rectify it.

But, if her privacy settings allow - and she's that easy to locate, anyone could do it, so I suppose it could have happened eventually anyway.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Jack said: @Spencer you should facebook @Jeffrey's mom.

Haha :D

• krokro Member

The FB msg was out of line. Completely unrelated.
    Doxing people is for Hackforum kids.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited April 2013

I HAVE THE LINK IF ANYBODY WANTS IT! :P

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Spencer said: I HAVE THE LINK IF ANYBODY WANTS IT!

lol no - I actually can probably find it. Not that I cared really. I was more laughing at the mom part. :D

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Seriously...you're trying to run a vps company on volumedrive?

• @raindog308 said: you're trying to run a vps company on volumedrive?

kinda....

• The virtual private servers provided from Volume Drive actually aren't that bad. 2GB Ram 50GB HDD for $4.95/Month.

[root@server1 ~]# uptime
    02:42:14 up 59 days

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@Spencer @kro @imagine

The Facebook message was not out of line. I provided the opportunity for it and I'll tell you why.

He had made promises of delivery. He lied about the server. He lied about the location by test IP. He lied about having delivered to some. He continued these lies for over 48 hours and became rudely defensive here to people for getting upset about the lies falling apart.

ONLY WHEN he realized it was about to get personal, via the Facebook link to his mother, did he finally confess. Even then he lied saying the server wasn't set up, which then became the IPs weren't working. This kid needs to learn that actions have real consequences and if he, a minor, is scamming people then his legal guardians need to be notified. Would you rather we have called the local authorities? Notifying his mother is going easy on him. His parents could be facing legal troubles if he continues along this path. This isn't some 4chan or hackforums crap where we send a thousand pizzas and drive by his house taking pictures. This is a legal issue and the people legally responsible for him absolutely NEED to be aware.

@Jeffrey did nothing wrong.

Let this be a lesson to you @curtisg, you probably won't get another chance with anyone here. It's been lie after lie with you and then you're trying your best to pin it on VolumeDrive. They didn't make you lie to people.

@jarland I do not agree, I think he was already about to open up.
    In general, getting personal is a bad idea, nobody loses their house here, 7 $, even if lost, did not warrant such extremes.

edited April 2013

About to open up? Based on which lie can you make that assumption? Theorize all you want, what I just said...that all happened. In plain sight. For anyone to reference. He lied and scammed people and he got busted. When we went to tell his mommy, he grew one...not a pair, just one.

• @jarland got a machine up, started sending vps info now.

@curtisg said: got a machine up, started sending vps info now.

Good deal :)

@curtisg said: got a machine up, started sending vps info now.

I do hope is the real deal, otherwise people will fill their disk and see if it is. This time wont be any more leniency.

• Deployed the servers, if I missed yours by mistake, let me know.

• I thought you had bought XX amount of servers with XXXXXX TB of storage, how can VD hold you up. Surely one LET post didn't fill up that much, i wish we got those kind of sales from here :P

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I hope we can get some good coupons there for this mess

• @netomx said: I hope we can get some good coupons there for this mess

aha.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Where?

• VolumeDrive is renowned for this... There's been hundreds of providers deadpool over VD, cheap capital, easy cash, oversell the fuck out of the node, then go deadpoolin when abusers have battles.

Then when trying to get a new node, a four week delay hits you. ;)

• krokro Member

Even after that personal opinion, It was out of line. Wutdo?

edited April 2013

@kro said: Even after that personal opinion, It was out of line. Wutdo?

Alright then, next time we'll call the local authorities about fraudulent business. Would you agree that following proper legal procedure is out of line? I thought it was kind to save him from that. He is, after all, a minor and his legal guardians would be held responsible. They deserve at least a warning. Not a mere opinion that fraudulent business needs to be reported.

• How 'bouts we all just stop arguing right now?

• @jarland said: I thought it was kind to save him from that.

the police are useless and would have done nothing

• How 'bouts we all just stop arguing right now?

I like arguments.

• @curtisg said: How 'bouts we all just stop arguing right now?

Why?