Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReverseHosts.com 2GB RAM OpenVZ $4.99/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReverseHosts.com 2GB RAM OpenVZ $4.99/mo

HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2013 in Offers

Hey guys, were going to offer a 2GB RAM OpenVZ VPS in the US for only $4.99.
Promocode: LowEndTalk

The full specs are:
OpenVZ VPS - Kansas City, MO - BUY NOW
Disk Space: 100 GB
Bandwidth: 2000 GB
RAM: 2048 MB
Burst: 3072 MB
IP Addresses: 1
IPv6 Addresses: 16
Port: 1 Gbps

Price: $4.99/mo

These are hosted in Datashack's DC in Kansas City, MO.

Test IP:
Test File (10mb):
http://74.91.24.135/10mb.test
Test File (100mb):
http://74.91.24.135/100mb.test

We currently only accept Paypal payments and maintain a no-refund policy, however if you state your case we may consider it.
Submit a Ticket
Terms of Service
Email: [email protected]

Comments

• Price in title differs from it in the post

• @BronzeByte said: Price in title differs from it in the post

I don't see the problem, the price in the post is cheaper :)

• @Bogdacutuu said: I don't see the problem, the price in the post is cheaper :)

You beat me there. :D

• user123user123 Member
    edited March 2013

@Hassan: The "BUY NOW" link takes you to a page that says
    "Down for Maintenance
    An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon..."

(In case you were wondering why you had no buyers)

• @Bogdacutuu said: I don't see the problem, the price in the post is cheaper :)

Yeah, but, that still causes confusion :P

• @Hassan said: Terms of Service

1&1 Affiliate Link. WTF? the "BUY NOW" doesn't work.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@BronzeByte said: Price in title differs from it in the post

Typo, fixed.

@user123 said: "Down for Maintenance

An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon..."

As soon as I posted the offer WHMCS decided to derp itself. Site should be backup now

• I'm not looking for a 2GB plan right now, but the plan in your sig interested me somewhat. I clicked that link and was really surprised to see that $5 quarterly became $12 semi-annually and $24 yearly. It costs more for longer billing periods? Why?

@DStrout said:

I'm not looking for a 2GB plan right now, but the plan in your sig interested me somewhat. I clicked that link and was really surprised to see that $5 quarterly became $12 semi-annually and $24 yearly. It costs more for longer billing periods? Why?

Thanks for pointing that out. It should be $9.99 semi-annually and $19.99 yearly. It is fixed if you are still interested.

@DestroyeRCo said: 1&1 Affiliate Link

What? Where?

• @Hassan said: What? Where?

Maybe my PC, when I clicked your TOS it showed an 1&1 page.

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited March 2013

I don't need it but I order the OpenVZ VPS - Kansas City, MO - VPS 2048

@Hassan https:/ /vps.reversehosts.com/ This web page is not available

UPDATE: Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.

• @DestroyeRCo said: Maybe my PC, when I clicked your TOS it showed an 1&1 page.

Was probably part of the WHMCS messup, as by default WHMCS will set the URL path to: http://yourdomain.com/

Which is a 1&1 owned domain

• @Hassan I can't add items to the cart. "Order Now" buttons aren't working.

edited March 2013

@Noerman said: I don't need it but I order the OpenVZ VPS - Kansas City, MO - VPS 2048

Try:
    https://vps.reversehosts.com:5656/login.php

@DestroyeRCo said: @Hassan I can't add items to the cart. "Order Now" buttons aren't working.

Thats weird, its working fine here. Do you get an error or does it just not go anywhere?

• @Hassan it sends me back to cart.php

• It works but the SSL certificate is not valid.

Offer -> Fact
    Disk Space: 100 GB -> Disk Space 85 GB
    Burst: 3072 MB -> VSwap 1 GB
    IPv6 Addresses: 16 -> None
    Bandwidth: 2000 GB -> Bandwidth 1.46 TB

Please confirm.

• kkolevkkolev Member
    edited March 2013

[Update] Well, looks like I put my foot in my mouth pretty badly here.

Disregard most of what I wrote below, I was too quick to judge.

• The bandwidth/storage stuff was a misconfiguration, apparently (shows the correct specs in the client area, at least). Hassan was quick to fix it.
    • SolusVM does work (didn't see the mail for some reason) and @Hassan was quick to fix the issues.
    • Still figuring out a boot issue, but that'll probably be resolved shortly.

@Hassan: sorry for being a dick, mate.

===

Just ordered one. Site doesn't inspire confidence (broken CSS), specs are not as advertised:

• Client area shows:

• bandwidth is 1.5 TB, not 2 as advertised
      • storage is 85GB (89128960 1K-blocks according to df), far from the 100 GB advertised
    • CentOS 5.3 (ancient)

• Seems like there's no choice of other OSes (unless that's through the pay-extra cPanel/DirectAdmin plugins).

Gonna be requesting a refund shortly.

• @kkolev said: Gonna be requesting a refund shortly.

Me too, if the specs not fixed.

@kkolev I see many choice of OS to re-install. Try to take a look again.

@kkolev said:

Just ordered one. Site doesn't inspire confidence (broken CSS), specs are not as advertised:

Client area shows:

bandwidth is 1.5 TB, not 2 as advertised

storage is 85GB (89128960 1K-blocks according to df), far from the 100 GB advertised
    CentOS 5.3 (ancient)
    Seems like there's no choice of other OSes (unless that's through the pay-extra cPanel/DirectAdmin plugins).

Gonna be requesting a refund shortly.

@Noerman said: Me too, if the specs not fixed.

Fixed your specs, added the IPv6 to your VM's as well. Was a mistake on my part, had the auto-setup set to a different plan. Also @kkolev where do you see the broken CSS so we can fix it as soon as possible>

• @Hassan said: Fixed your specs, added the IPv6 to your VM's as well.

Thanks.

is Burst: 3072 MB same as VSwap 1 GB ?

@Noerman said: is Burst: 3072 MB same as VSwap 1 GB ?

Yes vSwap = Burst - RAM

• @Hassan said: Yes vSwap = Burst - RAM

Thanks.

• @Hassan: cheers for the fix. Sent you a reply with two questions on SolusVM and booting.

I only saw the CSS issue in Opera so far (works ok in Chrome). Shows up in the 'View details' page for the VPS, the 'Virtual Server Control' contents overflows: http://i.imgur.com/yhSFzqw.png

Also, the graphs show up as broken images in Chrome.

Cheers for the quick reply.

• I believe it because the image not generated yet.

@kkolev said: I only saw the CSS issue in Opera so far (works ok in Chrome). Shows up in the 'View details' page for the VPS, the 'Virtual Server Control' contents overflows: http://i.imgur.com/yhSFzqw.png

Also, the graphs show up as broken images in Chrome.

The graphs take a while to generate, I think an hour or so, and I'll look into the CSS and see if I can get a fix for it. Thank you for letting me know.

• kkolevkkolev Member
    edited March 2013

@Hassan: The CSS thing was more of a nit pick :-) (but it might send the wrong message and all that). Makes sense about the graphs.

By the way, SolusVM seems to be down with a DB error at the moment - both at ports 5353 and 5656 (was working about an hour ago).

@kkolev said: By the way, SolusVM seems to be down with a DB error at the moment - both at ports 5353 and 5656 (was working about an hour ago).

Clear your cache and try again, let me know if its still happening.

• @Hassan It's impossible (for me) to order any OpenVZ VPS. I'm using Firefox 19 in Ubuntu.

@DestroyeRCo said: @Hassan It's impossible (for me) to order any OpenVZ VPS. I'm using Firefox 19 in Ubuntu.

Once you register as a client, open a ticket and ill place the order manually for you. I can't seem to figure out why its doing this.