Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS credit card gateway problem?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS credit card gateway problem?

NickMNickM Member
edited March 2013 in General

Just received the following email from ChicagoVPS (even though I'm no longer a customer)

Due to an unexpected issue with our gateway, all credit card payments will not be processed nor will we be accepting any credit card payments for any invoices for the next 24 hours.

>

For the next 24 hours, ChicagoVPS will only be accepting PayPal payments while we work with our credit card merchant to get this matter resolved.

>

As always, we will keep our customers informed about this and other company related events/announcements on our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/chicagovps

>

We will post a further update on our Facebook page when credit card payments will be accepted/processed successfully again, approximately in 24 hours.

>

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our billing department. We appreciate your trust and business, thank you for your patience.

>

Warm Regards,

>

ChicagoVPS Team

Anyone care to speculate what the real issue is?

Comments

• MunMun Member

Sigh, @NickM said: Anyone care to speculate what the real issue is? Do we need too?

• LAKidLAKid Member

@NickM If you have nothing better to do, just sleep.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@NickM said: Anyone care to speculate what the real issue is?

No

• NickMNickM Member
    edited March 2013

Given that ChicagoVPS doesn't exactly have a reputation for being truthful (or security conscious, for that matter), I think it warrants a discussion about what could be going on, since it does involve credit cards.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

So many simple things that can throw off credit card processing.

• @NickM said: Given that ChicagoVPS doesn't exactly have a reputation for being truthful (or security conscious, for that matter), I think it warrants a discussion about what could be going on, since it does involve credit cards.

Maybe theres just problem with their gateway

• Maybe, Aliens invaded ColoCrossing? And they're defending the datacenter with swords and a fiddle?!

Or... you know... maybe there's a problem with their credit card gateway.

• @HalfEatenPie said: And they're defending the datacenter with swords and a fiddle?!

So Shandi isn't sharing her dildo bats?

• Outbreak of diarrhea with CVPS or Colocrossing

• @Rallias said: So Shandi isn't sharing her dildo bats?

Hey now. You don't just go walking around hitting people with the Penetrator!

• @HalfEatenPie said: Hey now. You don't just go walking around hitting people with the Penetrator!

You must not watch the news. I do it all the time.

• As always
    LOL

• @Rallias said: You must not watch the news. I do it all the time.

Boss?

• MunMun Member

Thread Derailed, and I'm happy about it :)

• @Mun said: Thread Derailed, and I'm happy about it :)

Derail now happens seldom in LET, unlike before

• 1 hit K-O brotha.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

@Rallias said: 1 hit K-O brotha.

Totally not worth the embed.

Here you go @Rallias: http://i.imgur.com/j2q7Zrn.jpg (NSFW)

• But it's not dark blue and partially transparant. I WANT THE REAL DEAL.

• @Rallias said: But it's not dark blue and partially transparant. I WANT THE REAL DEAL.

Kinky.

Un-de-railing this thread. What credit card processor are they working with?

• MunMun Member

@HalfEatenPie said: Un-de-railing this thread. What credit card processor are they working with?

Nooooooooo~!

• @NickM said: Anyone care to speculate what the real issue is?

Way to open it up. With the ban in place of our favorite ChicagoVPS overlord it's been weeks since any mention of ChicagoVPS has graced these pages.

IMHO LET has been better off for it.

didnt know he was banned... care to inform me?

• laaevlaaev Member

No ChicagoVPS staff is banned, we have a few of our staff members who participate on LowEndTalk during their spare time, and that is @CVPS_Chris, @CVPS_Luc and myself, who's accounts are in good standing and active.

Regarding the issue at hand, it is due to an unexpected gateway authentication problem which occurred after our latest web server infrastructure upgrades. @CVPS_Chris is already in touch with the appropriate personnel at the merchant in order to get this issue resolved. We anticipate that they will get back to us within business hours, but it is currently 2:30 AM in eastern time zone hence we cannot expect a resolution instantly at this minute.

Thank you for your patience while we work with our merchant partner to diagnose the problem. We realize a large number of our client base utilize our credit card gateway to process their payments and renewals to us, and for that we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note that we are still accepting PayPal payments in the meantime, however credit card payments will not be accepted until this issue is fixed. It should definitely be fully resolved sometime today =) If anyone has any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

• edited March 2013

Chris has been unbanned for a while, he posted yesterday and Kevin is still active.

EDIT: Woops, posted at the same time.

• @CVPS_Kevin said: 2:30 AM

2:34 AM. Just kidding. Anyways thanks for the update.

Thanks Kevin

• Not much worried, CC data is not saved by them anyway if you don't do it intentionally.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@NickM said: Anyone care to speculate what the real issue is?

Real issue: We switched processors two weeks ago for a better rate. I was out of town for 2 weeks with no internet access, they emailed me about a few transactions and I did not reply. They suspended the account and have been dragging their feet since to get it back.

I was forced to move back to our old processor until the new one cleans their shit up. So go take your speculation somewhere else :)

@unused said: With the ban in place of our favorite ChicagoVPS overlord it's been weeks since any mention of ChicagoVPS

No ban, just too busy for the bs here. Not worth my time any longer to argue with trolls/ uneducated folk that like to speculate everything, exactly like how this thread was started