Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lease to own dedicated servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lease to own dedicated servers

dosserverscadosserversca Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello,

I saw that few people here interesting in Lease to own.

I was thinking few weeks about that already.

We the company have cheap supply of servers, We already did some talk with few DC's in USA and got nice deal for colocating the servers.

For now its just an idea we still not sure if we going to offer that but we want to get some suggestions about clients that maybe will be interesting, If we will offer this it will be only for USA and Canada people.

So what you get?

(Option 1)
Chassis: Supermicro CSE-512L-200B 200W Mini 1U 14" Rackmount Server
Processor CPU: Intel Xeon Quad-Core Processor E3-1230V2
Motherboard: Supermicro X9SCL-F-O
Hard Drive: 2 X Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200RPM SATA3/SATA 6.0 GB/s 64MB
Memory: 4x4GB Kingston KVR1333D3E9SK2 DDR3-1333 16GB ECC CL9
Rail Kit: Supermicro CSE-PT8L 1U Rackmounting

Price: $130/mo term 12 months (1 Year) then server yours you can keep it

(Option 2)
Chassis: Supermicro CSE-512L-200B 200W Mini 1U 14" Rackmount Server
Processor CPU: Intel Xeon Quad-Core Processor E3-1230V2
Motherboard: Supermicro X9SCL-F-O
Hard Drive: 2 X Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200RPM SATA3/SATA 6.0 GB/s 64MB
Memory: 4x8GB Kingston KVR1333D3E9SK2 DDR3-1333 32GB ECC CL9
Rail Kit: Supermicro CSE-PT8L 1U Rackmounting

Price: $150/mo term 12 months (1 Year) then server yours you can keep it

Ther is an option to buy the server with full payment and just colocate with us it will cost less

Colocation include:

Houston, TX DataCenter
Dedicated 100M Port
Free Ethernet Port for KVM/IPMI
5 IP's

IP subnets:

29 IPs Total +$28/month
61 IPs Total +$60/month
125 IPs Total +$124/month

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

I like the first offer personally. What are the fees for deracking it, shipping, packing, handling etc. After the 12 months are up?

• How much will it cost to colo+5ipv4+Dedicated 100M Port then??

• @MikeIn said: How much will it cost to colo+5ipv4+Dedicated 100M Port then??

the price per month already include everything you mention

• @shovenose said: What are the fees for deracking it, shipping, packing, handling etc. After the 12 months are up?

about deracking i will have to check it
    shipping to where? USA or Canada to Canada it will be max $130
    packing just need box from post office not sure how much this cost
    handling can you explan more about that?

edited March 2013

Handling, like I heard Dacentec charges $50 handling fee to derack server and pack it in the box, at the end of the rent to own period.
    Shipping to Fairfax, California (94930).

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

I like the first offer personally. What are the fees for deracking it, shipping, packing, > handling etc. After the 12 months are up?

Good point.

Where are you located. Let me guess ... Richmond, BC?

• do you have test ips?

also, the 12/mo term, is to be paid month by month or just one payment for 12 months.

• @goexodus said: Where are you located. Let me guess ... Richmond, BC?

If you asked about the company then its Regina, SK (Canada)

• @dosserversca said: handling can you explan more about that?

Lease to Own "DEALS" always finish being a nightmare in taxes and fees. I guess he is asking before any surprise 12 months later.

• @dedicados said: do you have test ips?

For now no will be probelly (asked from DC)

also, the 12/mo term, is to be paid month by month or just one payment for 12 months.

We thinking about that becouse all the problems that can be with chargebacks and paypal claims we not sure about that
    But i think we will ask prepay for 1 year
    and probelly we wont accept credit cards or paypal
    Bitpay would be accepted and debit prepaid cards (gift cards that cant be chargeback)

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited March 2013

was interesting, but..

@dosserversca said: we wont accept credit cards or paypal

good luck.

im out.

Well, I would not pay $1560 for 12 months... could build, buy the same server outright and colo it somewhere myself.
    The entire point is they will end up with an owned server without the high up front costs. As well as 12 months free hardware replacement. So don't require yearly. Because Honestly, @dosserversca you seem nice enough but I would pay you that much at once up front. I would hardly even feel safe spending $130 with you.
    THAT SAID, before people start calling my a hypocrite, I honestly would not spend $1560 with myself either, the way I've acted in this community and handled some our VPS customers. We hope to turn over a new leaf, hopefully @dosserversca can do that too.

• @dedicados said: good luck.

im out.

Interesting why? If you live in USA or Canada you can give us a check or bank transfer

• Not taking credit cards? I've never even heard (much less trust) of Bitpay.

• @shovenose

In your case you dont need to be in hosting industry even.

This is not 100% that we going to force prepay but i see in that 2 good things

1 server paid for 1 year and if provider will offer it here for VPS clients they feel more carfully that its not month to month so provider can run away

• @MikeIn said: How much will it cost to colo+5ipv4+Dedicated 100M Port then??

@dosserversca said: the price per month already include everything you mention

After Paying for the server/ buying it out....
    I mean this:-

@dosserversca said: Ther is an option to buy the server with full payment and just colocate with us it will cost less

• @revnja said: Not taking credit cards? I've never even heard (much less trust) of Bitpay.

You can pay for the server with credit card then ask for chargeback then what we give you free server? no thats not going to happen

Bitpay you cant ask for chargeback so thats something we probably work with him

@dosserversca I was being polite, you're just being a downright jerk.
    Any possibility you had of getting my feedback, ideas, opinions, or even future business (yes, I would have considered getting this server from you), are straight out the window. Best of luck.

• dosserverscadosserversca Member
    edited March 2013

@MikeIn said: After Paying for the server/ buying it out....

I mean this:-

Oh sorry :)

the first server will cost you $900 + $40 shipping to DC and $45/mo colocation

• @dosserversca said: You can pay for the server with credit card then ask for chargeback then what we give you free server? no thats not going to happen

So you expect someone to transfer the funds, or mail you a check every month? Good luck with that.

To prevent yourself from being chargeback'd there's this miracle thing that people that do rent2own servers do..it's called a CONTRACT, which both parties sign saying "at the end of this term, the xx is transfered to you, the client etc".

You need to think this out better before actually attempting it, and as was said, quit sounding like an arrogant prick (kind of like I do right now).

• @MrObvious said: To prevent yourself from being chargeback'd there's this miracle thing that people that do rent2own servers do..it's called a CONTRACT, which both parties sign saying "at the end of this term, the xx is transfered to you, the client etc".

In theory even with a contract the person can "disappear". You can call the collections agency, but that's about it.

• As i sad for now we jsut thinking how to do that

But im pretty sure we will more interst in providers that selling dedicated servers or VPS for clients then private person

We also prefer bulk server orders

• DvoDvo Veteran

Not to be a douche, but I think this plan has fail written all over it. A lot of people seem to forget (or simply don't know) there are a LOT of other costs involved with running a business. Base cost + profit != MRC.

You're worried about being taken for a few grand and well, that's the cost of doing business. It's called an acceptable loss and it's a write off anyway lol (go ask your accountant).

I'd hate to see what happens when your colocation provider slams you with a $10,000 bill for bandwidth caused by a DDoS attack. What if that “bulk” order sent you a $8,000 money order (that's fake) and you think, hey... I'll buy 5 more servers, yippe.... and then... your bank reverses the funds 90 days later. You need to have a viable business plan that takes into account all the small little issues like that. Can you afford to sit on that $8,000 while the banks clears it? What if the guy who sent you a check for $2k handed his check book to a bum who went on a spending spree, heck if I signed my check the wrong way (i.e. a completely different signature) and filed a fraud report with the bank, do you think they wouldn't reverse that transaction?

The point I'm trying to make is that there is no security in any from of transaction, even with cash you need to worry if it's counterfeit lol. What you need to have is a business plan that can deal with issues like that without having your company go bankrupt.

I'm not going to lecture you on the viability of accepting credit cards or not, but I will tell you it's not for convenience, it's customer trust.

Save yourself the hassle and debt, think about what your getting yourself into. Hire a business consultant and get a business plan drafted.

My personal advice would be to drop the RTO option and sell dedicated servers straight up. Once you have the revenue to sustain a $2K hit (which is peanuts by the way), then get into RTO. This is a great way to get a little more ROI and get all that old shitty hardware off the books (in 5 years).

Another thing to think about, why would I deal with your company when I can buy the same hardware (cheaper because I'm not dealing with your markup and I'm sure you're not doing this for free) and colocate it myself? If I don't have the means (i.e. credit or capital) to spend $1,500 how stable is my business and when you question how stable my business is, you need to ask yourself if you really want clients like that. If your numbers don't take into account this industries high churn rate, well.. good luck! Will your business still function if you're only getting 9 months revenue out of a server when your projections need 12?

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited March 2013

@t47
    Anyone who is still using checks to pay for anything in 2013 is a dumbass and deserves to be scammed to wake up.

The point I'm trying to make is that there is no security in any from of transaction

just.. lol

• Why do rent to own deals always miss the crucial detail about the cost of colocation after the rent to own period is over?