Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode review

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in Reviews

Their service is simply amazing. I've had a few VPS from them for over seven months, and issues rarely happen; whenever they do, they are addressed in minutes instead of hours like many other providers.

Also, RamNode is pretty much the only provider where I haven't had any problems with the processor. I'm mostly running some light game servers that don't use much memory / CPU but do need consistently available CPU or else the games will "spike". I've had problems with several other hosts (only reason I use them is because RamNode only has locations in Atlanta :( ), but never with RamNode. Similarly, operations like upgrading packages take only seconds to carry out.

In fact, the only other VPS I had that had the same quality as the 512 MB SVZ plan from RamNode were trials from Zunicore... which costs something like $50 monthly compared to $4.88 monthly. Going to try out BuyVM though.

Consistent 16 MB/s download is also nice.

Thanks for the great service!

Comments

• What's with all the reviews recently? Makes me somewhat suspicious but I know RamNode runs a great service so I don't doubt this review really

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy your RamNode!

@KernelSanders - you doubt it but not really? :P @perennate probably didn't see the other recent one after it was buried.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@KernalSanders There is no doubt to be had here, Nick runs an amazing service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

More like what's with the lack of reviews... Should be more ;)

Maybe I'll write one up sometime.

• RamNode is giving the community an awesome service. Their recent $7 E5 deals are a killer too :) loving the new node. Thanks @Nick_A

• Ramnode oversells!

Nah just kidding :) it's good to see more reviews! might have to try these guys out, Nick do you have any yearly deals? just out of curiosity :)

• I don't doubt the legitimacy of this review is what I meant @Nick_A

• +1 for Ramnode. Good service.

My only gripe there is lately seeing some goofball routes upstream.

@ATHK said: Nah just kidding :) it's good to see more reviews! might have to try these guys out, Nick do you have any yearly deals? just out of curiosity :)

Yep - built in 10% discount on any annual payment cycle.

Thank you everyone for your support and extremely kind words!

• I don't think something fishy's going on, Nick just runs a great service.

• I have had a VPS with them for over a year, and I have just over a year of uptime ;)

I don't use it much though.

@bijan588 said: I have had a VPS with them for over a year, and I have just over a year of uptime ;)

We've only been around since last July :/ Something doesn't add up.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

perhaps he mixed it up with ramhost or some other *node?

• @KernelSanders said: Makes me somewhat suspicious but I know RamNode runs a great service so I don't doubt this review really

I'm willing to confirm with a mod or admin my identity (FB or Linkedin). These reviews are real, the service is real. Grab a VPS and see for yourself.

• I just got my hands on RamNode's SSD cached VPS. Are you sure this is not pure SSD? IO is very fast!

• Another RamNode customer (myself) chiming in to confirm that Nick_A is doing a very good job!

Where's the Thank button when I need it? :)

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

@Nick_A said: Where's the Thank button when I need it? :)

Try the new thank button:
    Open the member profile, send a message, talk about some 50% discount. :P

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited February 2013

I was looking at RamNode before. The only thing that stop me from getting it is RamNode seems to be single-homed at DC. As only one provider is reported by bgp.he.net

@dnwk said: I was looking at RamNode before. The only thing that stop me from getting it is RamNode seems to be single-homed at DC. As only one provider is reported by bgp.he.net

We've actually already ordered nLayer to add to the mix. Should be live by Friday at the latest.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Really, the Thank button is long overdue.
    I mean,t here is one thing to completely recode a board and completely another to use some available bit of code to patch something with a vulnerability.
    We were promised this for a very long time and deadlines came and passed.
    It is getting ridiculous, I am sorry for the rant on this thread...

On topic, there are many-many happy customers of Ramnode, some old members here that built a reputation, if this review would have been for some new kid on the block, tho, I would have had the same reaction, possibly undeserved :(.

• This entire thread seems so fake it is not even funny. It's like who can say the nicest thing about Ramnode!! me me me! I can me me me!

@luma Because the price to performance ratio is is clearly incredible and sustainable. People talk up products that continue to surprise them.

@luma said: This entire thread seems so fake it is not even funny

If you have a problem with our services, I'd appreciate a PM or a ticket. This thread is obviously not fake, nor are the positive comments we've received on our latest LEB ad posted last night. It seems like you're just posting here to stir up strife. If you seriously think these people are posting fake reviews, by all means demand that a mod request verification from them. Otherwise, let me know what bone you have to pick with us and I'll be happy to see what I can do for you.

• @luma said: This entire thread seems so fake it is not even funny.

Yeah, god forbid any company could do a really good job right? That's just simply impossible!

/sarcasm off

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Indeed, but you have to admit, it does sound like those dewlance testimonials at times :P
    Personally I also feel pretty awkward when someone goes on a raving review of prometeus, it does look like fakes, but on this thread, so many people and regulars at leb/let cant be wrong.

• I'd have equally good things to say about @Prometeus.

It's the equivalent to RamNode for Italy and EU.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

@dwnk said: I was looking at RamNode before. The only thing that stop me from getting it is RamNode seems to be single-homed at DC. As only one provider is reported by bgp.he.net

Hm, that could explain why I get higher latency with some random locations, like Verizon FIOS in places in the northeast.

Actually I was just told the nLayer fiber is "sitting on top" of one of my cabinets, so I should have it going soon :)

@Nick_A said: nLayer fiber