Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reselling a Filtered IP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reselling a Filtered IP?

eastoncheastonch Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hey guys, saw this thread from a HostChat discussion on Skype...
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1675738-minecraft-guard-ddos-protection-10-gbps-protection-1295month/

Looks like a BuyVM filtered' IP. Has SSH on defauly port, expensive for such a thing really right?

I'm not even sure Francisco would even approve of such a deed on his network reselling for McServers who will be getting a prime amount of DDoS through Peak hours from booters.

Anybody have anything to note on this? :)

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Lots of people do it w/o issue.

I don't mind at all and have even recommended it to some people :)

Francisco

• @Francisco one of the only hosts I know who invites inbound attacks ;)!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Francisco ain't afraid of the kids ;)

edited February 2013

@eastonch said: @Francisco one of the only hosts I know who invites inbound attacks ;)!

The filtering is there for that reason :)

It'd be unfair for me to say 'how dare you pay for ddos filtering then actually USE it for that purpose!!'

A lot of people use our services are proxies for bigger services.

Best of luck to them, quit being jerks in that thread ;)

Francisco

• @Francisco I just didnt know if you had any quarms with such a thing ;)!

@eastonch said: @Francisco I just didnt know if you had any quarms with such a thing ;)!

Nope :)

I know more than a few have had 5 - 8Gbit burst floods. Nasty stuff.

Francisco

• Meh, well, I guess if you're making the cash off it and have the tools there to defend from it, it's a valid point on your behalf.

• Well in all fairness, to get a BuyVM filtered IP you have to buy a service + the filter addon.

Minimum total like $7 roughly on monthly payment.

Sure $12.95 costs more. At least the person is selling a real service backed by a reputable company, as opposed to vapor.

• I agree. At least he is offering a service that is trully ddos protected. Frantech wins, seller wins, buyer wins as well so i don't see a problem with that.

• In this industry, everyone is a reseller of something. Colo providers resell power, bandwidth, cooling and real estate. Dedicated server providers are reselling servers, etc. Reselling BuyVM DDOS protection... you're a proxy provider, basically. There's value in it because there are probably people who can't (or don't want to) set it up on their own and whatnot.