Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Versatile IT is closing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Versatile IT is closing

netadminnetadmin Member
edited February 2013 in Providers

Just received this from @trewq:

It is my regret to inform you that Versatile IT will be closing down due to personal issues.

It is recommended that you back up all critical data as soon as you get a chance. The last date of service will be 7/3/3013 all servers will be shutdown on this date.

On the 7/3 we will be going through each customers accounts and refunding for time not yet rendered. If you receive an invoice extends past the 7/3 please do NOT pay it.

I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have and questions please don't hesitate to reply to this email and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Brendan

Comments

• who/what?

• Didn't they just open up? School holidays is over in Australia.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 said: Didn't they just open up?

Exactly what I was thinking..

• 7/3/3013 is quite a ways away, should be more than enough time to make some backups... ;)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Loool !!!

• @trewq said: Versatile IT is an Australian run business operating since 2007.

• March 7th or July 3rd?

• @Damian said: March 7th or July 3rd?

The written date format in Australia is dd/mm/yyyy

• @Spirit said: The written date format in Australia is dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks!

Anyone have contact information for them? And/or know if they would be interesting in selling their clientbase as-is?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited February 2013

@Damian said: March 7th or July 3rd?

@Spirit said: The written date format in Australia is dd/mm/yyyy

Most universities start in March here.

@Damian said: Anyone have contact information for them? And/or know if they would be interesting in selling their clientbase as-is?

How many are we talking about?

• I thought these were the guys offering the $49 24gb ram Dedi advertised on LEB recently but I mistook them for versaweb

• Who need backup when you can still use it for one thousand year. :-p

• @Damian said: Anyone have contact information for them?

https://versatileit.com.au/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2 maybe?

• Wow, glad I never got anything from them

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Hey everyone,

Sadly it is true that we are closing. Some personal issues have arisen that can not be ignored and we feel that this is the best option going forward.

I would like to note that we are not a "summer host" or anything comparable. We were planning on staying around for the long run but that has obviously not eventuated.

I would like to clarify that it is the 7th of March our servers will be shutdown. This date was decided as by this time most of our clients will have had their full term that they paid for and this gives everyone else time to back all their files up.

I would be more than willing to discuss Versatile IT's client base and the possibility of a reputable host taking it over via email at [email protected]

I give my sincerest apologies to all of our clients over and hope that this will not cause too much inconvenience.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I have emailed you.

Since posting this I have received multiple emails from providers asking about my client base. I will be replying to everyone in due time with the most reputable host being my first priority.

• That's okay then, such an advanced warning. lol.

On a serious note, good luck.

@netadmin said: 7/3/3013

No idea how I managed that... I saw it and thought I corrected it. Obviously not.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Spirit said: The written date format in Australia is dd/mm/yyyy

I don't think July vs. March matters, since we'll all be long dead by the time they finally close in 3013.

edited February 2013

@raindog308 said: we'll all be long dead by the time they finally close in 3013.

I wonder if anyone paid in advance till then...
    Millenial plans anyone ? I will offer 50% off for paying for a millenium in advance.

• @Maounique said: Millenial plans anyone ? I will offer 50% off for paying for a millenium in advance.

It's like asking your grand-grand-grandchild(ren) to provide service for the money they don't enjoy.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

Maounique said "I will offer 50% off for paying for a millenium in advance."

Hmm, 50% off a $7 monthly plan is a one-time payment of $4200...

Based on Principal Amount of $4200, at an interest rate of 1%, after 100 year(s), Maounique would have::

Total Value = $11360.22
    Total Interest = $7160.22"

I'd be better off paying the full price monthly so I could keep some of that that interest for myself, so I think I'll just say no to your 50% off millennial plan! :P

• @DomainBop said: Hmm, 50% off a $7 monthly plan is a one-time payment of $4200...

You're missing a zero.

• @DomainBop said: I'd be better off paying the full price monthly so I could keep some of that that interest for myself, so I think I'll just say no to your 50% off millennial plan! :P

How about 90% off? :P

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Well, let's see, it's 1,000 years and 1 month until versatile closes. Leap years don't matter, so it's just (1000*12) + 1 = 12,001 months @ $7/month = $84,007.

BTW, if you put $1 in an account that paid a measly 3% a year and never added to it, it would grow to about $6.8 trillion in 1,000 years. Maybe with inflation, in 3013 the definition of LEB will be "must cost less than $7 trillion per month".

@raindog308 said: BTW, if you put $1 in an account that paid a measly 3% a year and never added to it, it would grow to about $6.8 trillion in 1,000 years

As crazy as that sounds, it is true. So, a downpayment of 42k in 1000 years kept in bank at 3%, will be 290 million of billions.
    So the interest will cover for the montly fee easily with lots to spare. Therefore our 20th generation will still benefit one from the the awesome services of Prometeus and the others from wealth which came from the interest.
    Cool deal for everyone. I might even discount it for 90% as requested.

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited February 2013

@raindog308 said: BTW, if you put $1 in an account that paid a measly 3% a year and never added to it, it would grow to about $6.8 trillion in 1,000 years.

Good luck with getting a 3% interest rate (HAH! I freaking wish).