Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s) - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s)

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: I find it hilarious that anyone that CVPS doesn't like receives ugly DDoS attacks.

Are you insane? We get hit multiple times a day. Most of the time 5GB-15GB attacks.
    We spend ALOT more money on BW commits than the other "budget" providers, hence why it does not effect us.

You need to come down out of the clouds and back to earth because your accusations are pretty far from the truth, and starting to get pretty aggravating saying we DDoS. Anyone that gets DDoS, ask them for the IP list that was hitting them, I will guarantee 100% it is not coming from my network or anything to do with me.

@pubcrawler said: It would be unfair not question the other 3GB offer companies UGVPS and Prometeus.

So you are suggesting that I would DDoS MY OWN CUSTOMER, in the same network as my machines running ChicagoVPS? Makes sense hahaha, your so far off the mark its pathetic that your still talking.

Please try and talk your way out of this one, and convince me how its plausible that I would DDoS my own network and my own customer. Please, give me your best and entertain me

• Well, I don't know why @CVPS_Chris, why folks like you cannibalize competitors.

Your ethics are highly questionable. Fact that WHT banned your ads due to supposedly creating fake reviews isn't a good mark in the industry. Feel free to educate the masses about what reality is.

Seemed pretty odd, again the timing of @StormVZ getting DDoS'd after you blew a gasket. Know their UK stuff was targeted. Don't think the stuff on CC's network was attacked.

Ditto for the BuyVM move strategic attack. Who stood to gain the most by trying to take BuyVM offline in Buffalo? Well ChicagoVPS and the laundry list of folks dangling off CC's network.

What happened after the BuyVM snafu move? Not much. You tried to create an insurrection and failed.

Isn't there some old saying about keeping your friends close but your enemies closer? I think that's part of the madness.

It's easy to say everyone has some enemy out there laying in wait. Problem is even the naysayers aren't doing weird things on here, talking trash, stomping on offers, trying to outright destroy other companies, etc. I mean there are some of those folks and they tend to be either 12-18 years of age or mentally parked there.

Weren't you trying to pony up an offer to buy other VPS companies? Is BuyVM a company you made or tried to make an offer to buy and were rejected?

@pubcrawler said: Your ethics are highly questionable. Fact that WHT banned your ads due to supposedly creating fake reviews isn't a good mark in the industry. Feel free to educate the masses about what reality is.

Once again your facts are false, what a surprise! The reason I was banned was the most absurd reason ever, and its just WHT having its power trip.

I had an account, MohawkHost|Chris I believe or something close. Instead of asking for a rename on the account I made a new one called CVPS_Chris when ChicagoVPS was started. They accused me of making two account and being active on both. This however was not the case, The minute I made the new account I stopped using the old one. I even pointed it out to the admin handling my ticket to take a look when the last time I logged in was, however they never replied to me and just let the issue die.

If thats how Im going to get banned from WHT, then its pretty pathetic on their part. Yeah I guess it was my fault for creating a new account, but should that warrant a lifetime ban? I dont think so. It has been 3 years since, and have since got over it.

As for your constant DDoS accusations, I have nothing to say. Simple fact is its not true, and until you come up with any proof, stop talking about it.

• You know what, maybe you are just misunderstood part of the time Chris.

WHT is notoriously heavy handed and petty at times. I can see this scenario and outcome occurring. Someone else might come in and correct this history lesson though.

We'll all stop the DDoS chatter when the provider directed attacks cease. Attacks specifically on billing and management sites are clearly targeted by those in the know - other providers.

Watch the crazy stomping on other providers and disrupting offers and you would be lower on the list of who stood to gain and acted like intended to gain. Friendly competition is fine, but I've seen antics out of you that make the sane think you are the mob boss over the 2GB and larger VPS market. It's bullying. So, expect getting shit for being a bully.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Are you insane? We get hit multiple times a day. Most of the time 5GB-15GB attacks.

We spend ALOT more money on BW commits than the other "budget" providers, hence why it does not effect us.

Don't forget that Chris gave IPX-Core a helping hand when they were having problems.

@pubcrawler said: I've seen antics out of you that make the sane think you are the mob boss over the 2GB and larger VPS market.

Well I am, but I dont need to DDoS people to make a point. I do it by offering a better product at a better price. I dont need to sink so low to make another provider look bad, they do it themselves.

@jcaleb said: Don't forget that Chris gave IPX-Core a helping hand when they were having problems.

And the list does not stop there, CVPS actually hosts many other LEB providers. The whole reason people are flocking to ColoCrossing network is because it simply is one of the BEST. The high commits in each location allows for large DDoS protection. Just because the network is large, and very reliable, doesnt mean we have to DDoS other providers to get their business.

Its simple actually, the current provider is bad and cannot sustain a simple DDoS attack no matter the size, so they look else where. Who is in their price range with the best protection? My guess would be ColoCrossing. I will stand behind their product all day long, as I know first hand what goes into their network. If you want more details email Jon and I am sure he would like to discuss how superior his network is.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said: how superior his network is.

Oh no you din't

• CC's buffalo network is stable, not superior by any means though.

All of their own other locations make it look silly, needs more carriers etc.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Voss said: I smell an AvanteHosting 'superior infrastructure' repeat

Yeah not sure if he meant it as a shot or just an ironic choice of words considering that whole battle royale.

• I doubt chris would do something like this.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited February 2013

@jcaleb said: Don't forget that Chris gave IPX-Core a helping hand when they were having problems.

I thought Chris was a non-technical person.

Going back in domain records I see CVPS related domains were registered by Jon/CC, not Chris. Those records have long be cleansed of those details. Seems odd that Chris couldn't even register domains himself/with his details.

CVPS actually hosts many other LEB providers.

This point is more disturbing that Colocrossing luring many providers. I know many providers have accounts with other providers, but taking other providers in house, bringing the competitors into your network? That's just strange. Especially in light of how downright insane Chris gets when other folks make offers that give more for less.

It will remain forever convenient the BuyVM Vegas move attacks on Buffalo. That attack/outage sucked, so whoever did it, well you are a vindictive ahole.

We could have overlooked the CVPS/CC relationship if Colocrossing wasn't publicly probing BuyVM over the move on Twitter. Really f'n strange for a provider to chatterbox in public like that.

@FrantechCA you should have just gone with us in Los Angeles :)

That was re-enforced by the attempt to drag down BuyVM by @CVPS_Chris on here by jumping the shark on the BuyVM move thread trying to incite customers to leave BuyVM.

What's the deal? I mean BuyVM already was lured into CC's network in Buffalo and cuts them a check every month. You Buffalo folks aren't content unless you fully ensnare the real competition or what?

The question about did Chris try to buyout BuyVM went unanswered. Notice that?

Start asking providers on here who aren't competing on bottom feeding pricing how many attacks they are receiving. Most of them are low to no DDoS type victims. But anyone in the budget category at/near the CVPS pricing or the annual cheap plans has endless attacks ongoing. It stinks and isn't their clients for sure.

I vaguely remember the BuffaloVPS saga, the denial, the fake CEO, all the posturing CVPS did about making it seem like it was not related, not him, etc. There are clearly reasons like that which the community has to distrust. We've had Groundhog day here before.

• You guys can complain as much as you want.

I have a cvps since black Friday, and it's working flawlessly. I got everything that we were promised of getting, and the network speed is fast.

• @pubcrawler said: Start asking providers on here who aren't competing on bottom feeding pricing how many attacks they are receiving. Most of them are low to no DDoS type victims. But anyone in the budget category at/near the CVPS pricing or the annual cheap plans has endless attacks ongoing. It stinks and isn't their clients for sure.

All the other stuff aside, IMHO this specifically is more an indicator of the LEB market / customer base.

• @pubcrawler: Oh god, you're starting this again?

• Now, now @Victor, you dangle off the CC network in Chicago now don't you?

• @pubcrawler said: Now, now @Victor, you dangle off the CC network in Chicago now don't you?

@pubcrawler your campaign is working. When I read this, I thought: dingleberry

• It's meant to be catchy @unused :)

• All the other stuff aside, IMHO this specifically is more an indicator of the LEB market / customer base.

Telling me it is entirely normal to have your control panels attacked as a provider here? It's interesting and maybe reality for some providers who are children or cater to the dark side of the net. But there are several providers who have been systematically attacked and relentlessly it seems only on those customer facing pieces.

Intent of doing that is clear, disrupt your competition.

• @pubcrawler said: Now, now @Victor, you dangle off the CC network in Chicago now don't you?

Yes, but that's got nothing to do with this. I could care less about Chris's connections to CC/Jon and vice versa or imaginary CEOs tbh, but implying they had anything to do with attacks against other providers' just simply ridiculous and unfounded speculations. Please don't go around spreading it like truth, unless you have concrete evidence.

• It's all good @Victor. I don't blame you or take issue with you being on CC network. It is a matter of integrity on their part. You are just looking for a good price to pass through to price conscious buying pool. Problem is that same buying pool is who CVPS targets aggressively to the point of compulsion.

The method to the madness works like this. Prefer to have the end customer directly, but that won't always work -- people find reasons to go elsewhere. So create other "companies" to offer products so people aren't aware it is the same company (BuffaloVPS). So if you can't get customer directly or through own shell companies, well, get the money downstream by selling to other providers who "compete". Get them on the colo or dedicated rentals.

Now I know you consider that diversification or some smart business move. You probably do the same thing. Same VPS, hosting, Minecraft, whatever. All data services prone to purchase by same people. Zero real world reason to play imaginary corporations paper is different game. No real honest reason to have 5 shell companies pretending to be different entities.

The nature of DDoS is that it isn't you, but instead hiding behind other stolen and often ill gotten gained machines. You know that.

I never said CVPS/CC were DDoSing themselves. That got mixed in earlier. Contrary, it's the competition that gets the treatment, outside their network.

• @CVPS_Chris said: If thats how Im going to get banned from WHT, then its pretty pathetic on their part. Yeah I guess it was my fault for creating a new account, but should that warrant a lifetime ban? I dont think so. It has been 3 years since, and have since got over it.

Those WHT admins are a bunch of motherfuckers, I tell you. Don't get me started on them... ;)

I have a close friend that had the exact same issue. Luckily, he got to keep one of the accounts at the time. He just changed the details on the account he wanted to loose some months later, so it didn't have anything to do with him any more (random name and e-mail address) and moved on to a new account. They never found out and probably never will.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler said: I never said CVPS/CC were DDoSing themselves. That got mixed in earlier. Contrary, it's the competition that gets the treatment, outside their network.

(Reading this post without reading the entire thing would be a mistake)

If you look at the timelines for some of the heavier and more damaging DDOS attacks around these parts, Colocrossing has an odd tendency to be on the other side with arms extended. This could be viewed as kindness or helpfulness, or it could be questioned as a potential sign of an excessively malicious business plan.

What lends credit to the second of those two is the attitude that Chris often portrays, which comes across as one who will stop at nothing to drop his competition. Combined with a relationship with Colocrossing that is, at the least, extremely close makes it easy to use Chris as the local face of Colocrossing. What we then end up with is a picture of a guy who is bent on weeding the weak out of the market and rising to the top while happily extending a hand to competition who are mercilessly attacked by seemingly no one who appears to have strong resources.

It is not at all an unreasonable theory that @pubcrawler has spoken, and he's not even close to being the only one thinking it. He's just been the only one saying it.

With all that said, as a person who values truth regardless of any perceived conflict of interest, I do not believe that Chris is the evil mastermind of a large conspiracy. If the theory is not false, I believe Jon would be more likely the culprit. I do not know Jon. I cannot accuse him of anything. I do know that Chris is terrible at lying and anyone who has been around here long enough can vouch for that.

edited February 2013

@Pubcrawler,

I suggest you stop accusing me of DDoSing people or provide facts. If this is not done I will take it a step further and involve a third party. This is something I will not tolerate any longer.

I would like to highlight.

@jarland said: I do not believe that Chris is the evil mastermind of a large conspiracy.

Which translates into, I do not believe Chris is responsible for DDOS attacks. Logically I cannot make a statement of fact in either direction. If he was the character he portrays in public and he was the type to do this, I can't see why he wouldn't fire up the floods and put me in my place.

• The fact that chris has probably a bigger customer base than the majority of the small providers around here combined.

I'm not being a asskisser but some of the accusations, and things you guys say are just...stupid.

Everyone is always so quick to jump the gun.

@jarland said: I do not believe Chris is responsible for DDOS attacks. Logically I cannot make a statement of fact in either direction. If he was the character he portrays in public and he was the type to do this, I can't see why he wouldn't fire up the floods and put me in my place.

edited February 2013

@Jacob said: I'm not being a asskisser but some of the accusations, and things you guys say are just...stupid.

Actually you are being just that. There's enough there to make the question worth asking. Now, I asked it, I investigated the accusations to the best of my ability, and I offered my conclusion as you quoted. I also gave the logic for making the case worth looking into. Your condescending input that clearly outlines your refusal to ask difficult questions is of little relevance. What would be "stupid" is simply dismissing patterns as irrelevant simply because you don't care or you like the person in question. Patterns can mean nothing, but they are also a good way to clue you in to things that are happening around you that you weren't quite aware of.

I assure you that if you ever notice a pattern that seems questionable circling me, I will not call it "stupid" if you ask about it.

• This is good. Maybe the other providers will stop being victims and maybe the community will police cross posting/slamming of vendors by other vendors on ads, as well as vendor endorsement of other vendors. We can only hope.

Those issues aren't solely related to the CVPS/CC, but you do a good amount on the slamming side of providers.

I recommend providers who are not on the Colocrossing network to start posting their offers like they do about bandwidth NO COGENT / NO HE... Instead NO COLOCROSSING. I won't be buying on their network. Then again, not interested in buying on other networks with children, DDoS magnets, freaks who are purveyors of fine filth, etc.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: maybe the community will police cross posting/slamming of vendors by other vendors on ads, as well as vendor endorsement of other vendors. We can only hope.

I am not sure I agree with this. It is not the community's job to do this, but if anyone has any proof, fine, put it together and the pattern (if any) will emerge.
    Personally I agree Chris is not the prince charming of the market, but not the ogre either.
    I do not believe CVPS or Colocrossing are behind those DDoSes, killing "businesses" with 2-3 servers when you have hundreds is not only illogical, but dangerous too.
    If he did that, he is insane, not evil, but I am almost sure they are not involved. I think the culprit is someone with much lower customer base and with contacts in the script kiddie world.
    If there is a pattern to begin with.

edited February 2013

@Voss said: For once I'm in agreement with Chris. Either provide concrete proof or keep the conspiracy theories to yourselves as that makes us all here look like conspiracy nuts.

It's not exactly some huge unfathomable conspiracy theory that providers DDOS other providers. The only part of the accusation that isn't an unfortunate standard part of this industry (as in common, not as in "everyone's doing it"), to our knowledge, is the idea of a datacenter being involved in order to flush people out of their datacenters. It's not really that far fetched. You guys act like it's accusing Barack Obama of killing JFK. If anyone needs to chill...

• Wait, wait, wait...
    Obama DID kill JFK. I have proof for that!

This discussion has been closed.