Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BALTICSERVERS.COM VPS ON SALE! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BALTICSERVERS.COM VPS ON SALE!

2»

Comments

• DanielM >> Company policy. No VPN's in VPS servers. For dedicated server - no problem.

• @balticservers said: DanielM >> Company policy. No VPN's in VPS servers. For dedicated server - no problem.

Why though? it doesnt affect the node..

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited December 2011

@balticservers >> LET Policy:

@LowEndAdmin said: These are the rules for posting in this category:

- You must have a website with a proper ordering system. "Email me to get this deal" does not count.
    - VPS offers only. No shared hosting, cloud hosting or other products where the actual users do not get root or Administrator account.
    - Low End offers only. Currently a price point must be met
    - USD$7/month recurring on monthly billing, with no setup fee, or USD$60/year recurring on annual billing, with no setup fee, if the provider has been in business for more than a year.
    - For currency other than USD, use the foreign exchange on the day of posting to verify the cost fits the requirement.
    - Do not list packages that do not pass the pricing test, even if you have one or more that do.
    - Please be informative in your offers. Please list out basic specifications (amount of memory, storage space, monthly data/bandwidth and port speed), virtualization method (Xen, OpenVZ, KVM, etc), data center location and a test IP would be ideal.

So tell me. Why should people (if they were gullible enough to sign up in the first place) obey your TOS, if you won't follow this community's guidelines?

• Dont bother Aldryic. Read above who you are dealing with.

• Oh, I know. My posting was more of a heads-up for any unaware user that might've considered them.

• @apollo15 said: And they do that on every forum they are on. Those guys are pure retards, they have no brain, they cant speak proper English, they have a crappy cheap servers room they built from EU funds.

+1 although on WHT the poster seems to have a clue. It's rather strange.

@Aldryic said: You must just be loving that @LowEndAdmin is away so that you can get away with this nonsense.

The last thread did get deleted though. It's a pity though that he didn't ban the user while at it.

@balticservers said: We have more than 4000 customers world-wide!

Now that's scary if that was true.

• DanielM >> Traffic is expensive, maybe this is a problem?

• @Aldryic said: @balticservers I love how you're ignoring the replies about your post violations. Are you the new 123Systems?

It seems... This is totally annoying

• edited December 2011

Although not following guidelines here. From all I have observed Baltic Servers are a credible host and actually the largest provider in Lithuania. The only issues I have seen in the past have been extended downtime (although evidence suggests this is now an infrequent issue). DDOS protection has also been a concern, not sure if this has improved.

Although probably not the best provider in the world they seem to offer good value for money.

But yes I agree, you should respect the guidelines here as you'd expect your clients to respect your terms/policies

• Speaking of providers causing trouble and are still around....

@DaddyCheeseHosting If they can't follow a ToS/AuP, how can you trust them?

• @drmike said: @DaddyCheeseHosting If they can't follow a ToS/AuP, how can you trust them?

>

I totally agree with you. Although one pushy sales rep /= the whole company.

• @DaddyCheeseHosting said: I totally agree with you. Although one pushy sales rep /= the whole company.

It does if he is the only one repping the company here. That is the problem with some providers. They have one rep here and if he screws things up then things are screwed up. The rep does not even try to fix the problem but ignores it as in this case.

I understand that for some English is not their first language but the rules are stated clearly and you can take as long as you need to read them. No one is forcing them to read them in ten seconds or anything. They can take their time and look up anything they don't understand and even ask questions about the rules if they need to about posting offers.

I would respect a provider more if he asked questions first and tried to do things the right way before posting offers rather then just posting and breaking rules. The rules are meant for everyone even just the visitors like me. They make the site usable and not full of garbage.

• @AuroraZ said: I understand that for some English is not their first language

I always had problems buying this. English is my third language, and I feel confident enough with my understanding of it that I post in english-native sites. My Chinese is passable at best, though I still have some difficulty trying to communicate a concept, so I rarely take part in discussions on forums like Hostloc, and I don't advertise/represent us there.

If you're uncomfortable with getting wet, stay out of the water. Causing incidents because of a language barrier is just as bad as crashing nodes due to inexperience with virtualization in my opinion.

• @Aldryic said: I always had problems buying this. English is my third language, and I feel confident enough with my understanding of it that I post in english-native sites. My Chinese is passable at best, though I still have some difficulty trying to communicate a concept, so I rarely take part in discussions on forums like Hostloc, and I don't advertise/represent us there.

I went on to explain that the rules were explained clearly though man. That no one was forced to speed read them and they could look up and ask any questions needed about them. So they had no reason to use that as an excuse basically.

@Aldryic said: If you're uncomfortable with getting wet, stay out of the water. Causing incidents because of a language barrier is just as bad as crashing nodes due to inexperience with virtualization in my opinion.

I agree totally. If you don't know what you are doing don't do it. Hire someone, or find someone who does.

• @AuroraZ said: So they had no reason to use that as an excuse basically.

Ditto :P

• ALL PRAISE THE MIGHT AND WONDERFUL @LOWENDADMIN! THE POSTER IS BANNED!

:)

• What did I click on
    Atleast now we know why their servers often go down