Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GayNode.com - What do you think of this name?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GayNode.com - What do you think of this name?

serverianserverian Member
edited November 2012 in General

^

Comments

• Gay = Happy :D

• pathetic, dude, dnt do it

• Do it, but homophobics probably will not buy from you.

• I suggest not doing it. No one will take you seriously. Regardless of their sexual orientation or personal opinions.

• I don't care what the name is as long as the prices & service are reasonable & excellent.

Although I would probably buy for shits and giggles.

• Are they clustered?

• @ShardHost said: I suggest not doing it. No one will take you seriously. Regardless of their sexual orientation or personal opinions.

This. No one will take you seriously. Just don't.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Why?...

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited November 2012

oooooooooo lulz

• @Jacob said: homophobics

What?

• People so against homosexuals that they will spew hate and violence towards them.

• Childish; would not buy from.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited November 2012

@miTgiB said: People so against homosexuals that they will spew hate and violence towards them.

Haha naw

I was just taking a dig against Jacobs poor spelling/grammar when he said "homophobics" :P

• gay (g)
    adj. gay·er, gay·est
    1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
    2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.
    3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.
    4. Given to social pleasures.
    5. Dissolute; licentious.
    n.
    1. A person whose sexual orientation is to persons of the same sex.
    2. A man whose sexual orientation is to men: an alliance of gays and lesbians.

Taken from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gay

So a gaynode would be a cheerful and colourful node.

• @Centaur said: So a gaynode would be a cheerful and colourful node.

And an empty one, too.

• @ShardHost said: I suggest not doing it. No one will take you seriously. Regardless of their sexual orientation or personal opinions.

Agreed. If it's a joke, it's just stupid too.

• If I wanted politics, I could go to Reddit or Digg FYI

• What are you, 12?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@craigb said: Are they clustered?

Gangbang?

Wait.. are you serious about this name? If so I'll pay for your counseling. :P

• Don't be so vulgar.

@Zen said: scrotum

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

If it's a gay person setting this "business" up then it could make sense. Probably @Jacob.

• personally, i think it's fabulous.

zsnap

• DeanDean Member
    edited November 2012

I can't think of why the name would be appropriate for a hosting business. You're opening yourself up to abuse.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited November 2012

Hilarious @domincl.

• DeanDean Member
    edited November 2012

REMOVED

• @DeanClinton: Friendly banter, but I honestly know a gay guy and he gets quite alot of abuse.

So dean is right. I am assuming this thread was not created to be taken seriously thugh.

• I'm going to go against everyone else and say that I think that it could work. You wouldn't be targeting at the sort of people on LET, you'd be targeting people who are a bit out of their element buying hosting, and who are also gay.

It's a niche but niches can work. There is a market for gay-owned or explicitly gay-friendly businesses in the real world, I don't see why it wouldn't work online.

That said, I could see it working more for a shared hosting + managed VPS provider model than unmanaged VPSes.

• DeanDean Member
    edited November 2012

REMOVED

• Not a good sales point having your company's name "GayNode", on the other hand, it may turn out to work to your benefit. Definitely an eye catcher.

• On topic:

I think it's a beautiful name, shows a company with courage to try new things!