Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel License
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel License

DeanDean Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hi folks!
What's the cheapest license provider available for cPanel?
VPS and Dedicated
Cheers!

Comments

• try tim

• VPS I like licensepal!

• AsadAsad Member
    edited November 2012

@jcaleb said: try tim

That's for internal use only with Hostigation. I think @DeanClinton wants licenses to use on other servers.

HostDime do $14 VPS licenses, they get cheaper the more you buy.

• DeanDean Member
    edited November 2012

What about dedicated?

Just weighing up options as have five VPSes which I could consolidate into one Dedicated. Or buy a larger VPS to merge smaller ones.

• Dedicated licensepal

• @DeanClinton Speak to HostDime live chat and ask them for discounted pricing.

• @AsadHaider - do they do external? Also, doubt they'll discount for one license if it is external dedicated.

• @DeanClinton They do external licenses for $38.00/mo, not sure if they give a discount - but they might. VPS licenses are $15.00/mo, and they do give a dollar discount even for one license (probably bigger if you want more licences).

• buycpanel.com check their thread on wht

• try the dc you have the dedicated with, most of the time they will get you a discounted copy.

• +1 for BuycPanel.com for dedicated but you can usually get them $5-20 cheaper at your DC as I see more and more offering it around $20-25.

LicensePal is only really good if your outside EU as you have to pay VAT

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I got a nice price on a yearly from Tim, for external use although obviously higher than his intenal. ;-) VPS btw.

• Honestly, what most providers do is run a virtual container inside their dedicated server so they can get the VPS pricing.

Just go with that.

• DeanDean Member
    edited November 2012

@HalfEatenPie - whilst I was walking home, I wondered about that! Any guides anywhere on this kind of setup?

• @DeanClinton said: do they do external?

I do external yearly

VPS for $150
    Dedi $320

• @Infinity, who's Tim with?

• @DeanClinton said: who's Tim with?

The gang of Me Myself and I

• @miTgiB said: The gang of Me Myself and I

Hostigation haha

• @DeanClinton that would be @miTgiB that posted above you.

• Tim, do you do monthly or are the margins not worth it?

• @miTgiB said: The gang of Me Myself and I

He thinks he's so cool.

Yeah... he is cool.

@DeanClinton said: @HalfEatenPie - whilst I was walking home, I wondered about that! Any guides anywhere on this kind of setup?

Yeah I'm sure other people here can show you/tell you how to setup a virtual container in your server, but its much cheaper (I mean you're basically getting the exact same thing anyways for a cheaper price) to just go Dedicated Server with 1 Large VPS with cPanel

• @DeanClinton said: do you do monthly

I am a cPanel Partner NOC, who are not allowed to sell external monthly, only distributors.

• Ok, thanks guys for all the info.

• @HalfEatenPie said: just go Dedicated Server with 1 Large VPS with cPanel

Depends on the specs and the use of the websites, I do quite well with KVM cPanel servers, with Softaculous, $42.50/mo for 2gb is hard to beat and my underlying disk array is going to cost a ton in a dedi

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@mitgib
    I think you have a typo on either the kvm page or openvz page.
    The cpanel price differs ... Or is it lower when doing openvz?

• Usually there is a different price between VZ / normal VPS.

Both www.cpaneldirect.net and www.instantcpanellicense.com (hostdime) are great.

• @MikHo said: The cpanel price differs ... Or is it lower when doing openvz?

My internal licenses are different from cPanel, and I pass on the actual price I pay, I am not marking these up.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Honestly, what most providers do is run a virtual container inside their dedicated server so they can get the VPS pricing.

Just go with that.

That's what we do! :) (shhhh)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Corey said: That's what we do! :) (shhhh)

So do I and most cheap-o's. :D

• really how do they track it?