Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

domain selling?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

domain selling?

juanjuan Member
edited November 2012 in General

If say your domain is not registered with namecheap, whats the ideal way of transferring domain ownership? do you just give out the user/pass for the account registered? or do you have to pay the transferring fee?

Comments

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

if its a single domain in the account and you don't plan to use the account , best is to change the pass to a more generic one , change all personal information / delete payment profiles (if any) and give to new owner.

If you have multiple domains in same account and plan to sell one , you can either push it to another account within same registrar ( Explained here for Namecheap)

or if the buyer wishes to transfer out the domain to another registrar, you can just give the authorization code (EPP code) after you receive the payment ,yeah and is sure of no charge back. In all probability transfer fees is payed by the buyer at his registrar.

• @gameon said: if its a single domain in the account and you don't plan to use the account , best is to change the pass to a more generic one and give to new owner.

With the attached personal/financial information with the account?

Push is the easiest, fastest way. Transfer is the way to go.

• Huh? Most if not all reputable registrars these days offer domains pushing between users, not just Namecheap.

• gameongameon Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: With the attached personal/financial information with the account?

Push is the easiest, fastest way. Transfer is the way to go.

i assumed that if he ever goes down that road , he will defnitly take care of that part. i just listed out available options. Anyways i've edited my post to include your comment

• As above, just have the buyer create a free account and push it.

I'd never risk giving up an account that previously had my details, who knows what that domain might be used for in the future.

• OnlyDomains.com doesn't have the push feature, they're a good registrar but i have a domain which i haven't used for a cancelled project. I guess i just have to transfer it anyway. Domain in question is 'unixte.ch', any takers? hehe.

• @juan see if you can beat my $601 sale for the unixbench domains ;)

• Yeah, i have seen your thread, thats when i remembered i have that domain. You might want to register unixben.ch. Congrats by the way. :)