Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM - 1 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD-Cached or 50 GB SSD, 1 TB BW - $20/y
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM - 1 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD-Cached or 50 GB SSD, 1 TB BW - $20/y

BoltVM is a leading provider of OpenVZ VPS providing highly stable, reliable, and affordable services. Launched on August 5th, 2014 BoltVM is perfect for people looking to learn Linux CLI, host non-critical applications or services, or host personal websites and blogs. Our knowledgable and kind support team is there to provide you with assistance and insure that your services are running smoothly. BoltVM has hundreds of happy VPS clients, join them today!

Thunder 1024

1 GB of RAM

1 Core (E5-2620 v1/v2)

100 GB SSD-Cached RAID 10 Storage

1,000 GB of Bandwidth

$20 a year - (NJ)/(LA)

Lightning 1024

1 GB of RAM

2 Cores (E3-1240 v3)

50 GB SSD RAID 10 Storage

1,000 GB of Bandwidth

$20 a year - (NJ)/(LA)

Thunder 2048

2 GB of RAM

2 Cores (E5-2620 v1/v2)

200 GB SSD-Cached RAID 10 Storage

2,000 GB of Bandwidth a month

$40 a year - (NJ)/(LA)

Lightning 2048

2 GB of RAM

2 Cores (E3-1240 v3)

100 GB SSD RAID 10 Storage

2,000 GB of Bandwidth a month

$40 a year - (NJ)/(LA)

Coming this Summer to BoltVM!

Lightning Control Panel

Unfortunately delayed from its intended release of June 1, due to illness, Lightning will be coming in mid-July to power all of our VPS. Our in-house control panel is designed with efficiency and ease-of-use, with translations into multiple languages available!

Miscellaneous

The release of a new location with our own hardware and monthly pricing is expected to be released in late June or early July! We're very excited!

Comments

• Thunder 1024 is so tempting...

• @hostnoob said:
    Thunder 1024 is so tempting...

Buy one today, otherwise they might be unavailable for a few weeks! ;)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yeah I got 2 of the thunder 2048s and they've been solid backup vms

Thanked by 2Steven_F alexnjh
  • rokokrokok Member

Still, no LA Lightning :(

• @rokok said:
    Still, no LA Lightning :(

Not until we start stocking them ourselves, unfortunately.

• roykemroykem Member
    edited June 2015

Yes..tempting offer on LA Thunder1024.

• @roykem said:
    Yes..tempting offer on LA Thunder1024.

So tempting, you should buy three! :P

• any looking glass for NJ server?

• Is there any test ip or looking glass for the LA server?

• 764664764664 Member
    edited June 2015

Website and order form show 2 cores for Thunder 1024, however 1 here.

Which one is correct?

• Wow does seem a little cheap, is there a catch?

• Well, I must say my 3 nodes (2 LA @promotion $18, 1 NJ @$36) at BoltVM are good. So recommend to give them a try (as far as I remember, BoltVM brand is pretty new: under 1 year. Hope that they do not put too many clients on each single node)

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • BochiBochi Member
    edited June 2015

Uptime of my Thunder 2048 in LA:

Online since day one, without a single interruption! :)

My Lightning 512 (LA) is pretty stable and speedy too, but as its used for playing around it has a lower uptime.

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • Bochi said: Online since day one, without a single interruption! :)

How often do you monitor it? I monitored my NJ containers a few weeks ago in 1-min intervals and saw big packet loss or network downtime every day without exception (short periods) - the VPSs are awesome, and the nodes are VERY well managed, but the network has problems a few times in the day.

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • Very solid service.

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • @764664 said:
    Website and order form show 2 cores for Thunder 1024, however 1 here.

Which one is correct?

I went by the order page, which was wrong for the Thunder 1024. It's two cores for all VPS.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited June 2015

@cyberhub said:
    Wow does seem a little cheap, is there a catch?

No catch! BoltVM is a brand targeted at providing extremely affordable VPS. As such, we don't recommend you host your million dollar business on our VPS, but we're perfect for anything that 99.9%+ uptime is okay for. :) We're also a subsidiary of a larger company, DediCube, which allows us to lower our pricing and provide super support.

• @Traffic said:
    How often do you monitor it? I monitored my NJ containers a few weeks ago in 1-min intervals and saw big packet loss or network downtime every day without exception (short periods) - the VPSs are awesome, and the nodes are VERY well managed, but the network has problems a few times in the day.

NJ last week went crazy. First, literally 30 minutes before I had to go offline for three days, all of provider's NJ network went down. Then, we were plagued with an insane amount of inbound and outbound DDoS attacks that for some reason NodeWatch didn't detect. Everything is stable now and has been for a few days, but I do apologize for Memorial Day Weekend, that was definitely a mess.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @nhocconan said:
    Well, I must say my 3 nodes (2 LA promotion $18, 1 NJ @$36) at BoltVM are good. So recommend to give them a try (as far as I remember, BoltVM brand is pretty new: under 1 year. Hope that they do not put too many clients on each single node)

Our servers are carefully monitored and managed! Less than 50% of RAM is utilized at any given moment, the load of each node is always within a very stable/normal range, et cetera!

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited June 2015

@billionaire said:
    any looking glass for NJ server?

@masterqqq said:
    Is there any test ip or looking glass for the LA server?

Not our IPs, but this is the same network.

LA: 198.46.138.196

NJ: 172.245.41.146

• BochiBochi Member

Traffic said: How often do you monitor it?

Data is gathered at 5-minute intervals, so no - did not notice any mayor problems.
    Is there a specific point in time to which you refer? I could then check munins archive for more information.

• edited June 2015

From my home connection

ping 172.245.41.14

Pinging 172.245.41.14 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 206.217.128.30: Destination host unreachable.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 172.245.41.14:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss)

• @inthecloudblog You forgot the 6 at the end!

• @inthecloudblog said:
    From my home connection

ping 172.245.41.14

Pinging 172.245.41.14 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 206.217.128.30: Destination host unreachable.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 172.245.41.14:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss)

A few clients were nulled for outbound DDoS, which is abnormal. I'm guessing someone is scanning the range.

• I gave in. Ordered yet another BoltVM.

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • Still, no LA Lightning :(

im now on NJ, why LA not available :(

• BochiBochi Member

Maybe you have to give them some more time to restock, seems as if they are currently busy with the change of their IP space...

• @Bochi seem right.

i got notify today that my vps ip will be changed in next 12-24hours.

• What's slightly annoying is it's going to change again, as this is just a temporary measure. For those like me who have software licenses tied to the IP address, it's a pain.

• @slowdive said:
    What's slightly annoying is it's going to change again, as this is just a temporary measure. For those like me who have software licenses tied to the IP address, it's a pain.

The change will be very smooth, we've got a really good plan for the future change. I don't expect it to be more than a minor inconvenience and very easy to work with.