Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    I would like a free VM in London please to run a personal VOIP/SIP test server.

Client No: 2125
    Your ID: 901177829144

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Deployed.

• Wow, this looks great, can I apply to get it.

I have viewed your site and would like to report a bug.
    I see that you use anchor in the navigation bar to scroll the page.
    Under normal circumstances, the browser should scroll directly to the target content.
    But in your site, the page is refreshed before scrolling to target content.

@bvgfao40723 said:
    Wow, this looks great, can I apply to get it.

Under normal circumstances, the browser should scroll directly to the target content.

Check the requirements, and apply for one.

@sh97 please look into the above mentioned issue.

• bvgfao40723bvgfao40723 Member
    edited May 2023

@FatGrizzly said:

I have read the requirements, can you now assess if I am eligible? If so, I'll sign up for an account now.

@bvgfao40723 said:

@FatGrizzly said:

I have read the requirements, can you now assess if I am eligible? If so, I'll sign up for an account now.

Yes.

• ThanksGTHost, Thankscrunchbits, ThanksScaleBlade, and ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

I would like to apply for a server in Tokyo.

Client No: 2127
    Your ID: 913938654577

Here is my donation information.
    VZlCnd.png

• Then another bug is that the beginning of https://portal.freevps.org/ has an extra "\" symbol.

@bvgfao40723 said:
    Then another bug is that the beginning of https://portal.freevps.org/ has an extra "\" symbol.

Hi, We already know this, trying to fix it.

@bvgfao40723 said:
    ThanksGTHost, Thankscrunchbits, ThanksScaleBlade, and ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

I would like to apply for a server in Tokyo.

Client No: 2127
    Your ID: 913938654577

Here is my donation information.
    VZlCnd.png

@Not_Oles or any of chinese friends, can you please confirm this as a donation. I am not chinese, and couldn't confirm it.

edited May 2023

@FatGrizzly said:
    @Not_Oles or any of chinese friends, can you please confirm this as a donation. I am not chinese, and couldn't confirm it.

捐赠证书
    Donation Certificate

你为【天xx】成功捐赠了20元,这将会给社区居民3份安全关怀。感谢你,让世界更温暖。
    You have successfully donated 20 yuan for 【天xx】, which will give 3 safe care to the community residents. Thank you for making the world a warmer place.

中国红十字基金会
    China Red Cross Foundation

2023年05月08日
    May 08, 2023

Thank you.

@bvgfao40723 said:

@FatGrizzly said:

捐赠证书
    Donation Certificate

你为【天xx】成功捐赠了20元,这将会给社区居民3份安全关怀。感谢你,让世界更温暖。
    You have successfully donated 20 yuan for 【天xx】, which will give 3 safe care to the community residents. Thank you for making the world a warmer place.

中国红十字基金会
    China Red Cross Foundation

2023年05月08日
    May 08, 2023

Thank you.

Thanks, will provision it very soon.

@bvgfao40723 Deployed.

Thanked by 1bvgfao40723
  • @FatGrizzly said:
    @bvgfao40723 Deployed.

Thank you again.

edited May 2023

@FatGrizzly said:
    @bvgfao40723 Deployed.

I found another logic issue, if I input wrong email(typo) when registering the account, I will not receive the root information, and I can't rebuild the server with SSH Key. :'( :'(

And this panel is very interesting, this is the first time I've seen it.

@bvgfao40723 said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    @bvgfao40723 Deployed.

I found another logic issue, if I input wrong email(typo) when registering the account, I will not receive the root information, and I can't rebuild the server with SSH Key. :'( :'(

and another issue at my end is, I forgot to check if you have verified your email.

PM me your email, I'll update your account.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    PM me your email, I'll update your account.

I spelled mail as mali, just fix it, thank you!

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@bvgfao40723 said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    @bvgfao40723 Deployed.

And this panel is very interesting, this is the first time I've seen it.

The panel is Virtfusion.

Thanked by 1bvgfao40723

@bvgfao40723 , I changed the email to xxx68.com on our VPS panel too, please verify the email on Blesta/portal and start using your VPS.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1bvgfao40723
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@asterisk14 said:
    I would like a free VM in London please to run a personal VOIP/SIP test server.

Client No: 2125
    Your ID: 901177829144

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Deployed.

Thanks!

edited May 2023

@bvgfao40723 said:

I took a look at the source of your page, just delete the "index.html" in the "href" attribute.

<a class="nav-link link text-black text-primary display-4" href="index.html#content8-e">Requirements</a>

<a class="nav-link link text-black text-primary display-4" href="#content8-e">Requirements</a>

Thanked by 2Not_Oles sh97
  • Hello, I would like a server in CDA location please to test apps and run a personal VOIP server and wiki and maybe a blog as well.

Client No: 2128
    Your ID: 544742365953

ThanksGTHost

ThanksCrunchBits

ThanksScaleBlade

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

ThanksWebHorizon

Donation proof:

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

@chakraxzz

Thanks for your FreeVPS request! Wow! You seem to have discovered precisely the minimum donation amount and also precisely the minimum required number of posts. Congrats on your precision!

@sh97 @FatGrizzly @TheOnlyDK

It seems to me that @chakraxzz has the right to follow the minimum post and minimum donation rules.

What about @chakraxzz' post quality? Are there at least the minimum sufficient indicia of intent to contribute to the LET community?

Nothing against @chakraxzz, but I think FreeVPS ought to raise the minimum donation to something like $5 or $10. The FVPS donation is just once, and $5 or $10 sounds like a reasonable amount for a month or two of a good VPS like FVPS offers. How could it be wrong to ask donators to contribute the equivalent of one or two months to qualify for a VPS that's free for a long time?

Best wishes!

Tom

• r4h156r4h156 Member
    edited May 2023

@FatGrizzly said:

@r4h156 said:
    Thanks to all the community members and providers who have set this up!

I donated a couple bucks to the Internet Archive in light of the recent lawsuit against their ebook lending program. The Wayback Machine is invaluable, and their digitized collections have also been very useful for personal research.

Donation proof:

If possible, I'd appreciate something in the middle of the default specs and donor max specs: 1 core, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, 200 Mbps port. However, if other donors are just going with the default, that's fine too. Preferred location is Scaleblade London.

Client No: 2103
    Your ID: 468253642596

#ThanksGTHost #Thankscrunchbits #ThanksScaleBlade #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

Hi, unfortunately donating doesn't bypass the requirements. Can you make a few (5 more) posts and comeback here and I'll happily provision the server.

Hi, I have a bit more posts now. Could you please provision this VPS? Thanks!

(ETA: The normal donor plan is fine. Looks like the website was updated since I posted my donation proof.)

• didtavdidtav Member

@Not_Oles said:
    @chakraxzz

Thanks for your FreeVPS request! Wow! You seem to have discovered precisely the minimum donation amount and also precisely the minimum required number of posts. Congrats on your precision!

@sh97 @FatGrizzly @TheOnlyDK

It seems to me that @chakraxzz has the right to follow the minimum post and minimum donation rules.

What about @chakraxzz' post quality? Are there at least the minimum sufficient indicia of intent to contribute to the LET community?

Nothing against @chakraxzz, but I think FreeVPS ought to raise the minimum donation to something like $5 or $10. The FVPS donation is just once, and $5 or $10 sounds like a reasonable amount for a month or two of a good VPS like FVPS offers. How could it be wrong to ask donators to contribute the equivalent of one or two months to qualify for a VPS that's free for a long time?

Best wishes!

Tom

I think it would be better to increase the minimum requirement that the LET account must be 12 months or older. that way only quality members get free vps.

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

@didtav said:

I think it would be better to increase the minimum requirement that the LET account must be 12 months or older. that way only quality members get free vps.

Even requiring a minimum of "Thanks" could be a sign of contribution to the community

Thanked by 2Ganonk mrTom
  • liaoxxliaoxx Member

@Carlin0 said:

@didtav said:

Even requiring a minimum of "Thanks" could be a sign of contribution to the community

That's right, requiring a minimum of "Thanks" maybe a good choice.

• sh97sh97 Member

Thank you for the suggestions guys. We will discuss this internally!

• 206m206m Member

This is cool

• mrTommrTom Member

I would like a free VM in London to test some ideas for honeypots and their evaluation.

Client No: 2130
    Your ID: 153467527477

Proof of donation to Medecins Sans Frontieres payp-medis2

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • sh97sh97 Member

@mrTom said:
    I would like a free VM in London to test some ideas for honeypots and their evaluation.

Client No: 2130
    Your ID: 153467527477

Proof of donation to Medecins Sans Frontieres payp-medis2

Deployed! Have fun.

Thanked by 1mrTom