Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated ryzen vCPU (2 threads would be nice) and +6gb ram in France for Minecraft
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated ryzen vCPU (2 threads would be nice) and +6gb ram in France for Minecraft

o_be_oneo_be_one Member
edited May 2020 in Requests

Hello LET :),

i run a non-profit Minecraft community in France since 10 years (yeah, really 10y, Minecraft was in Alpha and our only way to have plugins was hMod from hey0 ahah ; yeah lot of my players started young and are now adults, crazy!) and we had an amazing sponsor for almost all those years. But today, our sponsor is no more enough for us and we would like to offer again good quality game servers to our players.

We are not expecting any sponsorship/partnership as we don't know yet what we will do with our sponsor ; we like it a lot and well, they helped us like you can't imagine so for us it's an exclusive relationship actually (and we are really loyal, sometime too much ahah)! As a non-profit, best price is really what we are looking but since we actually expect good performances it's hard to find good prices ; on our side we are working to grow our donation to maybe, in the future, go back on ovh game dedicated.

We have 3 MC servers in prod, but for now we want to test solutions so we need only one VPS.

Required specs:

• 6gb or more ram
  • 1 dedicated or more Ryzen vCPU (ideally Ryzen 7 or 9) - we need highest possible frequency (we are open to i7 6xxx and i9)
  • ~50gb NVMe space
  • Ubuntu 18.04
  • TCP anti-ddos (we almost never get attacks, we are a really peaceful community more on coop side of the game)
  • at least 100mbps

Budget: ~15$

• France is the best
  • open to anywhere in Europe if latency < 20ms from France

Sure we work a lot to optimize our game servers, i think there is room to optimize more, but yeah it's a lot of R&D on our side and we have to manage time also with updates, troubleshooting, player support, communications, etc. ^^. As a non-profit, all time offered by our staff is by itself a donation.

We are totally autonomous (no need for support more than if hardware/network fail on provider side) ; if we open a ticket it's because there is a real issue that we checked in all way we were able too.

I've already seen few of you guys and i'm sad that it will not work with @seriesn since it looks promising (they don't allow game servers)! I'm trying actually ExtraVM @MikeA for a personal casual project but i can't see any information about dedicated vCPU. BuyVM from @Francisco is also one of our favorite choice but no Ryzen yet on Lux (maybe for 2021?).

On my side i will check with our sponsor if he can arranges something also ; he is already aware that we are looking for a new provider since he is not stable/powerful enough for us now (he may be later)

All suggestions are welcome :). Thanks!

Comments

• hello. check our plans https://dc.dignusdata.center/cart.php?gid=26 We have multiple locations during the order you can select Node location and CPU type (AMD )

• TejyTejy Member

Hello,
    As an hosting provider, why do you prefer Ryzen CPU's instead of Xeon CPU?
    Thanks,

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited May 2020

Tejy said: As an hosting provider, why do you prefer Ryzen CPU's instead of Xeon CPU?

Thank you for your question.
    We had formidable performance using Ryzen these last months (we got offered for free during 1 year the Advance package at Minestrator, a shared Minecraft provider, from on of our players) and also their frequency is more relevant to our needs. We really need high frequency for this kind of game server. We can be open to i7 6xxx or i9 also, will add it to my request.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

o_be_one said: I'm trying actually ExtraVM @MikeA for a personal casual project but i can't see any information about dedicated vCPU

CPU isn't "guaranteed" on VPS but I've only had to limit someone once in the 7~ years ExtraVM has been around, and that was on 4 core i7 CPUs. All VPS have been moved to Ryzen, so basically use all the CPU as you want.

Anyway, kind of low budget for Ryzen, I only know of two companies that offer Ryzen servers in France and it wouldn't be sustainable for a host to sell VPS at that price on either, unless they're barely breaking even.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • MikeA said: CPU isn't "guaranteed" on VPS but I've only had to limit someone once in the 7~ years ExtraVM has been around, and that was on 4 core i7 CPUs. All VPS have been moved to Ryzen, so basically use all the CPU as you want.

I've also seen your Minecraft shared servers, could be a better alternative for us you think? I had no good experience with shared MC (outside the Minestrator Advanced package that is just really powerful). I don't know how it would perform on your shared MC for us vs a VPS ; i imagine you suggest heavy MC shared users to move on Game VPS?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

@o_be_one said:

MikeA said: CPU isn't "guaranteed" on VPS but I've only had to limit someone once in the 7~ years ExtraVM has been around, and that was on 4 core i7 CPUs. All VPS have been moved to Ryzen, so basically use all the CPU as you want.

I've also seen your Minecraft shared servers, could be a better alternative for us you think? I had no good experience with shared MC (outside the Minestrator Advanced package that is just really powerful). I don't know how it would perform on your shared MC for us vs a VPS ; i imagine you suggest heavy MC shared users to move on Game VPS?

If you're just doing the game server and nothing else like a web server or something then it would save you money to just use a normal MC plan, but that depends on the specific host really. Some use old hardware some don't, some know how to properly manage resources and some literally never bother even looking. I really never recommend anyone use a VPS for Minecraft unless they actually need SSH access, since VPS have strict resource limits and maybe more CPU steal.

Anyway, the hardware I use in Europe recently is not what I usually use, due to hardware availability issues in Europe. MC servers in Europe use are typically on i9-9900K or some Ryzen variant but recently I've had to setup two E5-1650v4. I will get rid of them in the future once the typical hardware is available again.

• zenkizenki Member
    edited May 2020

Not sure if these guys do dedicated cores but have a look at https://www.virtua.host/amd-ryzen/vps-cloud-servers . They are in France (Paris I believe) and support BGP sessions, DDoS Protection and Hourly billing

Thanked by 1virtua_cloud
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Please check our KVM SSD NVMe package - I can place you on the node with 4.7GHz turbo CPU - wishosting.com

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MikeA said: If you're just doing the game server and nothing else like a web server or something then it would save you money to just use a normal MC plan, but that depends on the specific host really.

Yeah just MC, web is independant from all of our infra ; also each VPS has only one game server. But we have 3 Minecraft: 1 FTB, 1 almost vanilla and 1 with a lot of plugins (economy etc). On the side sometime we host temp servers for events or because our players request another game for the fun.
    Actually we are able to run on the Minestrator offer just because there is dedicated hardware on their shared MC we use. We don't care much having ssh access or not for our gaming server if the provided support backups (we have our own backup system on the side) ; we have the experience to run VPS and dedis but when the provided share too much we can't do a lot about it unfortunatly ; and same applies regarding shared MC unfortunatly (sometime it's even worst since they throttle a lot and don't really allow burst).

MikeA said: Anyway, the hardware I use in Europe recently is not what I usually use, due to hardware availability issues in Europe. MC servers in Europe use are typically on i9-9900K or some Ryzen variant but recently I've had to setup two E5-1650v4. I will get rid of them in the future once the typical hardware is available again.

So for now you have slot left only on your new and temp e5 servers :(. Ok i totally understand how hard is it to find hardware for providers actually, more since Ryzen are like the new "graal".

HyperK9 said: Not sure if these guys do dedicated cores but have a look at https://www.virtua.host/amd-ryzen/vps-cloud-servers . They are in France (Paris I believe) and support BGP sessions, DDoS Protection and Hourly billing

Thanks you for the suggestion. I've already seen them and tried them on the free trial. We have to pay to try the Ryzen so i haven't took a chance yet. I think it 's not dedicated and my experience on the free trial was not really good ; but yeah it was free and on their regular hardware, not high frequency one. I may take a look again, i like the "cloud" way they show (i like cloud organization, i know that some people here feels like it's just a marketing shit ahah :D ; but yeah since the first time i've discovered OpenStack and AWS i'm like "fuck yeah it's totally how things should run!").

exception0x876 said: Please check our KVM SSD NVMe package - I can place you on the node with 4.7GHz turbo CPU

Thank you for your offer. Can you tell me what CPU model it is? Your prices are really low, how is it possible? Is it dedicated vCPU? Thanks.

• virtua_cloudvirtua_cloud Member, Patron Provider

o_be_one said: Thanks you for the suggestion. I've already seen them and tried them on the free trial. We have to pay to try the Ryzen so i haven't took a chance yet. I think it 's not dedicated and my experience on the free trial was not really good ; but yeah it was free and on their regular hardware, not high frequency one. I may take a look again, i like the "cloud" way they show (i like cloud organization, i know that some people here feels like it's just a marketing shit ahah ; but yeah since the first time i've discovered OpenStack and AWS i'm like "fuck yeah it's totally how things should run!").

Hello @o_be_one,

Don't hesitate to drop us a email if you're willing to expend your trial to Ryzen offers :)

Intel Xeon E5-2670 CPUs can't really be compared to the AMD Ryzen 9 3900X.
    We had to limit them during the lockdown period in France for trial users.

Now than moving is becoming less restrictive, we're planning a trip to the Paris datacenter next week to add some new Ryzen hosts. Hope it stay that way 🤞🏻.

NB: we're speaking french too ;)

@o_be_one said:

exception0x876 said: Please check our KVM SSD NVMe package - I can place you on the node with 4.7GHz turbo CPU

Thank you for your offer. Can you tell me what CPU model it is? Your prices are really low, how is it possible? Is it dedicated vCPU? Thanks.

The CPU is E-2288G. The cores are not dedicated but have unlimited usage policy.

• jahrincjahrinc Member

exception0x876 said: The cores are not dedicated but have unlimited usage policy.

Sorry that I ask but what does that mean?

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • virtua_host said: Don't hesitate to drop us a email if you're willing to expend your trial to Ryzen offers

Woaw that's awesome thanks a lot! When i read 4vCPU how is it shared? I imagine there is a fair share, it's not dedicated, so how did you organized that?
    Ryzen 3900x are more than powerful!

exception0x876 said: The CPU is E-2288G. The cores are not dedicated but have unlimited usage policy.

Thank you for your answer. Then it doesn't fit my request ^^.

@jahrinc said:

exception0x876 said: The cores are not dedicated but have unlimited usage policy.

Sorry that I ask but what does that mean?

It means the VM is not suspended if the CPU usage is at 100% 24/7

Thanked by 2jahrinc Ympker
  • SavaSava Member

@Avoro He needs something =)))

Thanked by 1Avoro
  • AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

@Sava said:
    @Avoro He needs something =)))

thanks but we are only offer Ryzen dedicated servers right now :)

• starservicesstarservices Member
    edited May 2020

Hi,

If UK OVH is ok for you I can do this for you within your budget, includes OVH Game Anti DDoS.

www.getwebhosting.co.uk

• starservices said: If UK OVH is ok for you I can do this for you within your budget, includes OVH Game Anti DDoS.

We can considere it. Are vCPU dedicated or shared?

• I would like to up this thread, i hope to not bother anyone ^^.

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

@o_be_one said:
    I would like to up this thread, i hope to not bother anyone ^^.

We can do custom VPS with Ryzen 9 CPU, DDR4 RAM and NVMe storage. Please send a PM.

Thanked by 1o_be_one