Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

@DewlanceVPS said:
    What are the benefits of having a Patron Provider Tag?

If I may ask, why did you pay for a Patron Provider tag if you don't know the benefits of having a Patron Provider tag?

(The main benefit is that you can start an offer thread every 10 days)

I know about the main advantage. Just curious about all the other benefits. :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@DewlanceVPS said: Just curious about all the other benefits

No you don't get discounts at Popeyes or Five Guys.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@DewlanceVPS said:

@angstrom said:

@DewlanceVPS said:
    What are the benefits of having a Patron Provider Tag?

If I may ask, why did you pay for a Patron Provider tag if you don't know the benefits of having a Patron Provider tag?

(The main benefit is that you can start an offer thread every 10 days)

I know about the main advantage. Just curious about all the other benefits. :)

Mods pretend to smile every time a Patron Provider starts an offer thread :)

• Without prospects, there is no opportunity to sell. If you want to have success in sales, you need to be constantly prospecting for new opportunities. This is where the first rule of sales applies.

Thanked by 1DP
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@anusree said:
    Without prospects, there is no opportunity to sell. If you want to have success in sales, you need to be constantly prospecting for new opportunities. This is where the first rule of sales applies.

Thanks for the LowEndSalesTips.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DP said:

@anusree said:
    Without prospects, there is no opportunity to sell. If you want to have success in sales, you need to be constantly prospecting for new opportunities. This is where the first rule of sales applies.

Is @anusree the new account of @SirFoxy , who used to post LowEndSalesTips?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@anusree said:

Congrats on your first post

• @yoursunny said:

@DP said:

@anusree said:

Is @anusree the new account of @SirFoxy , who used to post LowEndSalesTips?

You don't even prospect in lowendsales lol, who's doing cold pitches for $3 a month?

• Hey there,

I have tried the following two guides and failed miserably which I will describe in a second as to why:

Tried this one since I heard OpenBSD is good for security, and I was up for the challenge. Looked OK at the first, but damn this post is way too intense near the end, and was so jenky. Plus SMTP isn't described on how to truly configure it. It basically felt like, "Here's me rambling.

• Should it be allowed to increase the limit, until the price hike stops/prices falling?

• I dont really post a lot but my account is from 2018; if I were to post a domain auction would it get removed since I dont have enough posts? I just wanted to offer a domain before allowing it to expire.

• @analog said:
    I dont really post a lot but my account is from 2018; if I were to post a domain auction would it get removed since I dont have enough posts? I just wanted to offer a domain before allowing it to expire.

In general, we try not to make exceptions

• @angstrom said:

@analog said:
    I dont really post a lot but my account is from 2018; if I were to post a domain auction would it get removed since I dont have enough posts? I just wanted to offer a domain before allowing it to expire.

In general, we try not to make exceptions

Okay thanks for the info, ill work on getting a few more to get over 25 :)

• Can we stop the "Not a clickbait" title thing ? That's definitely clickbait.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AndrewL64AndrewL64 Member
    edited September 2022

@JackH said: All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old

I get the reason behind the other rules but what is the reason for this? A week old domain name is just as valid as a 6 month old domain name (in every technical/non-technical aspect). I don't get it.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited October 2022

@AndrewL64 said: I get the reason behind the other rules but what is the reason for this? A week old domain name is just as valid as a 6 month old domain name (in every technical/non-technical aspect). I don't get it.

I believe the rule is there to discourage people from registering domains just to come here and put them up for sale. Having to wait 6 months sort of makes sure that this practice is discouraged. Having said that, as a compromise, I think this could be reduced to 3 months.

• AndrewL64AndrewL64 Member
    edited October 2022

@Arkas said: I believe the rule is there to discourage people from registering domains just to come here and put them up for sale

But why is name flipping discouraged/frown upon though? (Excluding intentional cybersquatting)

For the sake of transparency: I have two domains that I want to sell (here or elsewhere) but they're both about 1month-issh old.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@AndrewL64 said: But why is name flipping discouraged/frown upon though? (Excluding intentional cybersquatting)

Because this isn't a primarily domain trading forum. We are working (hard) to change it to 3 months instead of 6, please give us another 24-48 hours.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

@Arkas said: I believe the rule is there to discourage people from registering domains just to come here and put them up for sale.

You're more or less correct. This rule was here to prevent people to use promotions from registrars to register new domains just to put them on sale/auction day later.
    Some of staff was in favour of 1 year (once renewed) domain auction, and some was against it so middle ground was picked, which didn't have much sense anyway (the same as 3 months wouldn't). It should be one year (at least once renewed domain) to have any sense to prevent "scalpers" to take advantage of promos just to sell domains as soon as possible then.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Mumbly said: Some of staff was in favour of 1 year (once renewed) domain auction, and some was against so middle ground

I am aiming for the middle ground again which is at 3 months now, since it is between 0 days to 6 months.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

Yes, but this don't have any serious purpose or change anything. You can as well change it to 0 then.

One year (once renewed domain) would have sense to prevent scalpers to use promo codes and then sell domains asap, but 3 months is just arbitrary number without any serious purpose.
    I am not complaining or anything, infact I don't even care to be honest much, just explaining logic why was this rule introduced at all back then and why in fact should be at least 12 months limitation to serve to the purpose at all. Like you said, and you're correct, this isn't a primarily domain trading forum and some doman auction every now and then was always something extra and mostly among non problematic long term members.

Another reason why staff wanted to limit domain sales here is because with domains was always a bit tricky, especially when auctions didn't went through and one or other private party requested forum staff assistance. Those things can easily get messy. It's a bit hard to assist, be involved between two parties sales and act as mediator in domain auction disputes.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Mumbly said: I am not complaining or anything,

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @AndrewL64 said:

@Arkas said: I believe the rule is there to discourage people from registering domains just to come here and put them up for sale

But why is name flipping discouraged/frown upon though? (Excluding intentional cybersquatting)

That's less entrepreneurial and more asshole.

Thanked by 1tjn
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: That's less entrepreneurial and more asshole.

Good one!

• bapbap Member

idk if this has ever been discussed, but does anyone think that LET needs rules for requesting offers too? saw a thread where the OP simply reject all offers, no price range, no desired spec.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I see the title said, "Updated November 2022". What was the update? I took a glance but didn't see what has changed.

Any thoughts on doing quarterly or less? This time of year is really the only time we'd consider doing a promotion on here, for BF / Christmas / New Years.

• @MannDude said: Any thoughts on doing quarterly or less? This time of year is really the only time we'd consider doing a promotion on here, for BF / Christmas / New Years.

Just to say that you as a Host Rep will be able to advertise a promotion in the special BF/CM megathread, but perhaps @FAT32 can confirm this

See also https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182378/private-bf-cm-hourly-flash-sales-2022/p1

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • ascicodeascicode Member
    edited November 2022

@Mumbly said:
    Yes, but this don't have any serious purpose or change anything. You can as well change it to 0 then.

One year (once renewed domain) would have sense to prevent scalpers to use promo codes and then sell domains asap, but 3 months is just arbitrary number without any serious purpose.
    I am not complaining or anything, infact I don't even care to be honest much, just explaining logic why was this rule introduced at all back then and why in fact should be at least 12 months limitation to serve to the purpose at all. Like you said, and you're correct, this isn't a primarily domain trading forum and some doman auction every now and then was always something extra and mostly among non problematic long term members.

Another reason why staff wanted to limit domain sales here is because with domains was always a bit tricky, especially when auctions didn't went through and one or other private party requested forum staff assistance. Those things can easily get messy. It's a bit hard to assist, be involved between two parties sales and act as mediator in domain auction disputes.

I wouldnt even allow to sell domains , that didnt made a holder change.
    @Arkas Sell a domain after 6 months or 1 year might be a long timeframe, but some just doing it, buy cheap, sell high, make profit. If the holder buys a domain, it shouldnt be allowed, if everyone could get them for cheap, until its blocked or under auction.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited November 2022

@ascicode said: @Arkas Sell a domain after 6 months

I've never sold a domain here, or am I reading it wrong? I proposed to the team to allow domains to be sold that are 3 months old.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2022

@Arkas said: I've never sold a domain here, or am I reading it wrong?

I think that he wanted to say "Arkas, to sell a domain..." not that you sold it, but I don't understand the last part of the last sentence too :)