Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Dedicated server rental w/ cheap cross connect fee's to centurylink!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Dedicated server rental w/ cheap cross connect fee's to centurylink!

scariiesscariies Member
edited May 2018 in Requests

Looking to rent a dedi with a cross connect to centurylink but without the stupid $300~/mo. cross connect fee's

Currently focused on datacenters from the following states:

WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, UT, MN, IA, ND, SD, NE, NM.

Please reply with your DC's address and your cost for cross connects.

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

You are probably going to have a really hard time getting anyone to do this for a dedicated server. You will have better luck with co-location.

• hzrhzr Member

Not happening, generally.

My XC to CTL is 600, where are you getting 300?

• @qps said:
    You are probably going to have a really hard time getting anyone to do this for a dedicated server. You will have better luck with co-location.

Why do you say that?

• @hzr said:
    Not happening, generally.

My XC to CTL is 600, where are you getting 300?

Im getting it for $100/mo in phoenix.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited May 2018

lucky. fun thing: I'm in an actual centurylink facility, owned by centurylink, and they charged me $500/m plus setup for the xc.

• Bah! I'd be better off finding someone to host the machine from craigslist! I just want the damn centurylink

• hzrhzr Member

Why are you so dead set on centurylink? Any particular reason? They aren't cheaper than anyone else.

• @hzr said:
    Why are you so dead set on centurylink? Any particular reason? They aren't cheaper than anyone else.

I am a geo vpn provider and I want to fill out my pool of ISPS - right now I am focusing on centurylink.

• @hzr said:

Could you expand on why it would be cheaper or i'd have "better luck" going the colo route in terms of better XC pricing?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

scariies said: Why do you say that?

Because this just generally is not offered as an option for a dedicated server. Dedicated servers are usually built as a standard platform with a limited number of options, and cross connects to carriers is not one of them. That's not to say that you won't be able to find someone to do it, but be prepared to get a lot of resistance.