Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with the cheapest bandwidth that isn't OVH/Online/Hetzner
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with the cheapest bandwidth that isn't OVH/Online/Hetzner

mikewazarmikewazar Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

I need a single VPS with the damn cheapest bandwidth possible, on a provider that is not OVH, Online.net or Hetzner. Can be hosted anywhere with the following MINIMUM resources:

1 vCPU (shared, but not summerhost oversold. Please disclose what load I can run on this)

512MB of RAM with some vSWAP

5GB disk, doesn't even need RAID

OVZ is fine, but need TUN/TAP

I'd wager a 100Mbit port with as-close-to dedicated bandwidth would work for my near non-stop traffic. A single homed network on a shitlord carrier like HE would work fine. No DDoS protection required.

No set budget, but cheapest is obviously what I'm going for. No bullshit AUP on bandwidth, I'm being upfront about it. I will max this port both ways 24/7

No mailing, no spam, nothing that will attract attention.

What do you guys have to offer? GO

Comments

• Wondering why you don't want to go with OVH/Online/Hetzner... And what are you seeding in 5GB of storage

• @vovler said:
    Wondering why you don't want to go with OVH/Online/Hetzner... And what are you seeding in 5GB of storage

With them already, need something not with them.

• i guess it's for vpn

• Hmm, maybe @cociu or @bacloud ?

But you need pre-pay 3 months

https://www.bacloud.com/en/linux-vps-hosting

For @cociu, look at his sign. 2vCPU/2GB ram/30TB@100mbps.

Thanked by 2cociu bacloud
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Our Public Cloud seems to feet, could you have a look to the following page and tell me if you have any questions ?

https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

You did not precise where you want your vm; our Cloud is available in France, Germany, Netherlands, Miami and Singapore.

+Advanced network configuration is available including VPN, FW, NAT and LB options.

• XeiXei Member

@Ikoula said:
    Hello,

Our Public Cloud seems to feet, could you have a look to the following page and tell me if you have any questions ?

You did not precise where you want your vm; our Cloud is available in France, Germany, Netherlands, Miami and Singapore.

+Advanced network configuration is available including VPN, FW, NAT and LB options.

The offering looks interesting. I will have to check it out sometime.

• @francisco does unmetered gbit, but his EU location seems to be mainly cogent. Also not sure if this would fall under his "fair use" thingy.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@teamacc said:
    @francisco does unmetered gbit, but his EU location seems to be mainly cogent. Also not sure if this would fall under his "fair use" thingy.

No set budget, but cheapest is obviously what I'm going for. No bullshit AUP on bandwidth, I'm being upfront about it. I will max this port both ways 24/7

Seems like LET's definition of "fair use" to me.

• @Francisco any slices with unmetered 100Mbit?

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

Besides "unlimited" I see no information about your network policy, which of those packages would let me use 100Mbit both ways, 24/7?

• @Aluminat said:
    Hmm, maybe @cociu or @bacloud ?

But you need pre-pay 3 months

https://www.bacloud.com/en/linux-vps-hosting

For @cociu, look at his sign. 2vCPU/2GB ram/30TB@100mbps.

Used to use his 30TB @ 100Mbit service, very good but 30TB isn't enough.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@mikewazar said:
    @Francisco any slices with unmetered 100Mbit?

>

@mikewazar said:

You are aware that 100Mbit unlimited is going to peak around 33TB/mo, right?

• w00t? 100/100 mbit/s + 24/7 for less than 7$? Are you kidding me? Noone will offer it for such price except named providers.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @desperand said:
    w00t? 100/100 mbit/s + 24/7 for less than 7$? Are you kidding me? Noone will offer it for such price except named providers.

$20 is what I'm hoping, more than that if it's not a meme provider. Considering I need fuckall hardware.

• @WSS said:

@mikewazar said:

>

@mikewazar said:

One way, at least. 66TB and shoe got a deal.

• aruba cloud?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@mikewazar said:

@WSS said:

@mikewazar said:

>

@mikewazar said:

Scaleway C1/Starter?

• @WSS said:

@mikewazar said:

@WSS said:

@mikewazar said:

>

@mikewazar said:

Scaleway C1/Starter?

OP is not interested in Online.net network.

• WSSWSS Member

@mtsbatalha said:
    OP is not interested in Online.net network.

I forgot about that. I doubt he has too many other options at his pricing and want list.

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha Aidan
  • WSS said: I doubt he has too many other options

This.

Most providers aren't running on VC, someone has to pay for the bandwidth.

• @Aidan said:

WSS said: I doubt he has too many other options

This.

What would the cheapest rate per 100Mbit be then? I'm looking for the cheapest, not cheap. If I need to increase my budget I can, within reason. If what I need is really not feasible for any provider I'm ok to just accept it.

• Thanks, but realistically at that rate per year, and my bandwidth requirement, I know I will get in shit with them.

• @mikewazar said:

@Aidan said:

This.

What would the cheapest rate per 100Mbit be then? I'm looking for the cheapest, not cheap. If I need to increase my budget I can, within reason. If what I need is really not feasible for any provider I'm ok to just accept it.

Last I heard providers pay at least 15-20usd per 100mbit per month. That's excluding any vps/ip pricing.

You'd better go with one of the providers you put on you "donotwant" list.

• @aboanas93 said:
    aruba cloud?

Looks to fit the bill, but I see they only have CentOS and Windows on their template list... I could live with this. Let's see if I get any other options.

• @teamacc said:

@mikewazar said:

@Aidan said:

This.

Last I heard providers pay at least 15-20usd per 100mbit per month. That's excluding any vps/ip pricing.

You'd better go with one of the providers you put on you "donotwant" list.

Probably for a quality blend, I'll take any shit tier bandwidth to drive cost down.

• Probably for a quality blend, I'll take any shit tier bandwidth to drive cost down.

Nope, $150 per gbps gets you tra(sh/nsit) quality bandwidth.

• Veesp (https://secure.veesp.com/cart/) also offers unlimited on 200mbps for € 7 per month.
    They are located in Russia, Saint-Petersburg

• @VirtualByte said:
    Veesp (https://secure.veesp.com/cart/) also offers unlimited on 200mbps for € 7 per month.
    They are located in Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Damn, very good location too.