Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vikinglayer - What's your thoughts about them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vikinglayer - What's your thoughts about them?

So I'm getting a personal website and I've looked quite a bit. I'd like Swedish hosting and I don't feel like paying 50 dollars plus a year or getting some really bad quality. So I've found Vikinglayer. Found some good reviews, but not too many. Not too many negative reviews either. Does anyone have experience with them?

I'm interested in their web hosting offers, but VPS clients are welcome to leave feedback as well, as you can have had experience with support and uptime without actually using the same service.

Comments

• They're not expensive, and they're helpful. However, VestaCP fucking sucks.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Do you want a webhosting trial for a week?

• @WSS said:
    They're not expensive, and they're helpful. However, VestaCP fucking sucks.

Why? Also the website is going to be based on Wordpress and the e-mail isn't going to be hosted there. I'd do both managing, take backups and emailing on other places. So I don't think that I'll suffer that much.

@Radi said:
    Do you want a webhosting trial for a week?

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm buying the domain at the same time and so I'm not really ready for that. However, you seeing this post that fast and offering a trial gives me good vibes. Thanks!

• @emgh said:

@WSS said:

Why? Also the website is going to be based on Wordpress and the e-mail isn't going to be hosted there. I'd do both managing, take backups and emailing on other places. So I don't think that I'll suffer that much.

If you can live with WordPress, you can live with VestaCP.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @WSS said:

@emgh said:

@WSS said:

If you dodge a car, you can dodge a ball.

Thanked by 2WSS raindog308
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@Farish said:

@WSS said:

@emgh said:

@WSS said:

If you dodge a car, you can dodge a ball.

Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.

Too far? Okay.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @jarland said:
    Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.

Thanked by 1jar
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Vestacp is fine for small things and Radi is doing quite good with the price .

@hostdare said:

It's good for large things if you don't mind not having your hand held through scaling it up and out. As easy as it is to customize, an intermediate level sysadmin could utilize it to scale out quite a large infrastructure and save a lot of time on the basics. If a web hosting control panel is the need, of course.

• @jarland said:

@hostdare said:

It's good for large things if you don't mind not having your hand held through scaling it up and out. As easy as it is to customize, an intermediate level sysadmin could utilize it to scale out quite a large infrastructure and save a lot of time on the basics. If a web hosting control panel is the need, of course.

..says the guy who uses CPanel as an MTA. :D

@WSS said:

@jarland said:

@hostdare said:

..says the guy who uses CPanel as an MTA. :D

cPanel as a means to organizing and writing user-level MTA config and login management. Exim is the MTA :P

• @emgh - I have no issue recommending them. I've had a couple of VPSs with Radi in Dallas, since 2014. Customer service is fast and competent. Good value for the $$.

Thanked by 4bersy hostdare emgh Ndha
  • They're quite good and Radi is quite helpful.

@Radi Aren't you anymore a part of drserver?

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@jvnadr said:
    They're quite good and Radi is quite helpful.

Yes same brand . Very helpful person .

• Seems like a good company then. Anyone knows how it works in Sweden, do they hire temporary administrators from the datacenter or do they actually have staff in Sweden?

If no one else's aware, @Radi should know this one!

• @FrankZ said:
    @emgh - I have no issue recommending them. I've had a couple of VPSs with Radi in Dallas, since 2014. Customer service is fast and competent. Good value for the $$.

+1 this, since Oct, 2014 with drserver (vikinglayer).

host my production sites in their LA location then migrate to Dallas.

@jvnadr said:
    They're quite good and Radi is quite helpful.

@Radi Aren't you anymore a part of drserver?

AFAIK he's still part of it cause Andrej still busy with "something", also he said will focus to grow vikinglayer first.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2017

Ndha said: AFAIK he's still part of it cause Andrej still busy with "something", also he said will focus to grow vikinglayer first.

I asked because in VL site there is not any reference about "part of DrServer" site. And in the original DRserver site all the brands either are out of order or without stock...

P.S. Andrej is one of the best guys I have ever meet in the hosting industry. I am with him since the beginning with the "original" DrServer brand.

Thanked by 2vimalware Ndha
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@emgh said:
    Seems like a good company then. Anyone knows how it works in Sweden, do they hire temporary administrators from the datacenter or do they actually have staff in Sweden?

If no one else's aware, @Radi should know this one!

We hire people from the datacenter.

VikingLayer is part of drServer. I am using the WHMCS on VikingLayer for new orders.