Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats with paypal ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats with paypal ?

rahulksrahulks Member
edited August 2013 in General

I tried to sent some money from my US paypal account to a person in India and they said"We're sorry. We're not able to complete personal payments to account holders in India at this time."

Have any idea why they are doing this ?

Comments

• Have u contacted paypal?

• :( No Idea!

Check their Policy, updated few days ago!

• Paypal always has issues with India? That's why they use 2co / Payza a lot.

• This has been an issue since like 3 months ago. You have to mark it as pay for goods and services.

• RamiRami Member

The problem is not just with India it is with a lot of countries I had it before

• Here in Pakistan paypal does not work since i know of paypal

• You should be able to send it as payment for a service. It's an RBI regulation.

• I've got an Indian paypal as well as a NZ paypal account.
    The issue is... as per the Reserve Bank of India, there are lot or rules to be followed for inward foreign fund for an indian paypal account holder. They have to add their PAN number (similar to SSN in US) and also some kind of 'Purpose Code' in the account. And more rules....
    I remember... there was a time when RBI asked paypal to stop all inward foreign transactions regardless of the type of account the customer is having. But I guess that limitation was taken away... not sure!!!

• @netsujit said:
    there was a time when RBI asked paypal to stop all inward foreign transactions regardless of the type of account the customer is having. But I guess that limitation was taken away... not sure!!!

As a matter of fact, Paypal recently removed limits for inbound foreign currency. As you said, a PAN is a must.

• RBI regulations on paypal has been removed. Only thing you cant park money (inward transactions) in Paypal for more than 24hrs. Money is generally automatically credited to your linked bank account.

• nagugnagug Member
    edited August 2013

@Joelgm ..u from TVM?

• @nagug said:
    Joelgm ..u from TVM?

Yup.