Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Appfog - 2GB RAM FREE! (PaaS) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Appfog - 2GB RAM FREE! (PaaS)

2»

Comments

• @rgenzon said: Thanks for this one. I tried it but it seems like they currently don't support pointing to the root level domain of your choice. :|

>
    Hmm... I think you can modify that in your configurations, AFTER creating the plan, and adding a dummy domain.

• Guys, let's say I have a wordpress site on it, how do I backup the mysql database? I can't seem to find the link on the console.

Btw, thank you for sharing this great find!

• Wait, this is AWESOME!

First, 2GB of RAM, all to myself. My guess is enough CPU allocation to power that RAM.

Then...

Simple deploy. Wordpress, MySQL, PHP/HTML with 3 clicks.

And scaling. Jesus christ. Locations... And best of all...free.

This is a lovely find, and I think I just might start cancelling some of my services.

B/W isn't that expensive for overage.

Thanked by 1shaunpud
  • @fly said: have you used heroku? it's very similar.

Yep, all PaaS are quite similar, but the main difference with Appfog is the amount of RAM and locations.
    Digital Ocean is one that actually has low end pricing and unlimited bandwidth :)

@rev3rse said: Is the for a llifetime? or someday I'll login and find my account deleted?

They're not going to delete your account. At most they would stop new signups.

@rgenzon said: Thanks for this one. I tried it but it seems like they currently don't support pointing to the root level domain of your choice. :|

Yep that's one of the limitations that I listed. Currently you can only use their service with a CNAME (From my initial inspection. They may be changing things).

@cosmicgate said: Guys, let's say I have a wordpress site on it, how do I backup the mysql database? I can't seem to find the link on the console.

Tunnel into MySQL and then perfom a mysqldump:

How do you migrate your MySQL database to AppFog?

Or use a PHP script to create a backup, then download via http.