Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud server plans you would like to see
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud server plans you would like to see

24khost24khost Member
edited July 2012 in General

Just wondering what kind of plans you guys would like to see.

We only offer servers starting at
1 core
256 mb ram
and 5 gb space

and what would you be willing to pay.

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

max of 4 personally, but because its a cloud system I'm not too sure.

• what do you mean max of 4? Max of 4 plans?

I am looking to see what plan configuration people are looking for and what they are willing to pay.

edited July 2012

Oh sorry I meant to say max of 4 USD for the specs you just wrote if it was on a single dedicated server. I don't know how expensive managing a cloud is (I bet it pretty much is more expensive) so that's why I'm not too sure how exactly viable that would be for your hosting.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited July 2012

Maybe i should rephrase this

are servers are from
    1-6 cores
    256mb ram to 8gb ram
    5-640 gb space
    and bandwidth
    100 gb to 10 tb

What package would people want and how much are they willing to pay.

• I want to know what the community is looking for.

• yomeroyomero Member

Obviously <$7 ???
    This community is <$7
    End

Thanked by 2Mon5t3r tux
    edited July 2012

I'd say first give us something we can test for like 2 dollars a month (or like 15 dollars for a year). Then, if we like it, people would upgrade or something. If not, its still 2 dollars :P

• AmfyAmfy Member

@24khost said: I want to know what the community is looking for.

I like the system from de-punkt.de, where the customers can decide exactly what they need. And if it is a real cloud that shouldn't be a problem for the provider, too.

About which kind of cloud are we talking here?

• I think it is the one. When the one location goes down your vps is still up. That is what is what I think

• @yomero of course!

@halfeatenpie Cloud is a little more expensive I will see what i can't figure out for the lowest amount i can charge.

@amfy That is an idea we are already working on. Just got to come up with a way
    to build it to make it automatically add the plan to whmcs. then we will do that.

@dragonballz2k That is what a cloud is! Are is setup with auto-fail-over and load balancing.

• @24khost said: Are is setup with auto-fail-over and load balancing.

How exactly would load-balancing work for a VPS?

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited July 2012

gsrdgrdghd, Load can become an issue in a shared environment. VPSGrid constantly monitors load across your servers and balances servers to allow your customers to be less affected by neighbors and have more potential with their server.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

VPSGrid is a beta environment as i use RockMyWeb(VirtuallyDedicated)'s cloud servers.
    but performance on load controlling is really good.

• Yes we use the same technology that Devon@VirtuallyDedicated does.

• if it's 4USD p/m I would like to buy one :p

• AmfyAmfy Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: How exactly would load-balancing work for a VPS?

@24khost said: gsrdgrdghd, Load can become an issue in a shared environment. VPSGrid constantly monitors load across your servers and balances servers to allow your customers to be less affected by neighbors and have more potential with their server.

I'm not sure, but I think @gsrdgrdghd doesn't meant the load, but the loadbalancing in the way of failover.

• @jeffpan if you want one of those I will create the plan and you can order just give me a few minutes.

• @jeffpan sent your way.

Also all other can look at what we are offering at http://billing.24khost.com/cart.php?gid=16

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@24khost,

May I please ask your clould setup? What software you are using? How many location?

• TazTaz Member

And a on a side note, why you do not have a valid SSL?

• 2 locations South Bend and Las Vegas

We use OpenVZ / VpsGrid

We are in the process of acquiring our ssl cert for the control panel. On the billing side of things since we don't store any credit card information, it is really kinda pointless as paypal takes care of that portion and they have an ssl.

• We have one but have not set it back up since we changed billing setups.

• TazTaz Member

@24kHost, You are still taking peoples personal information. SSL is required.

• No there is nothing that requires us to use ssl unless we are storing peoples banking or credit card information and then you are not required technically.

• TazTaz Member

You are asking for peoples personal information, not only credit card. SSL is not only for credit card. Come on dude.

• @NinjaHawk as there is no transfer of a members details to anybody else there is no need to have one.

Per godaddys website take a look.

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/715/do-i-have-to-have-an-ssl-certificate-for-my-quick-shopping-cart?pc_split_value=2

• @24khost said: No there is nothing that requires us to use ssl

I require you to use it or else i won't buy anything from you.

• TazTaz Member

@24khost
    http://www.small-business-forum.net/ecommerce/3985-ssl-certificate-do-you-need-if-you-arent-taking-info-ccs.html

Something you should know
    "If your users enter a username and password to login to your site without an SSL certificate, an attacker can easily see their username and password in clear text. This would allow someone else to impersonate your visitor, but it allows for a far more dangerous possibility: Because users often use the same password on many sites (including their bank accounts), an attacker can potentially compromise many other accounts. If you let people store a password with you, you must take responsibility for protecting it, even if the security of your own site isn't critical."

• @gsrdgrdghd Not saying we don't have one. We just are getting everything corrected it will be back up in a couple of days.

• TazTaz Member

When ever, where ever, some one puts in their username and passswords and other personal info, you should have SSL. For community site, I do not care TBH. As those are free service, but they should still have some sort of encryption methods in place. Even if a free one. But, for a business? No mercy.