Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Alternatives? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Alternatives?

2»

Comments

• AsadAsad Member

@martip07 Yeah, you can use it free up to 25 customers and then upgrade, which is a great way of doing it as you get full functionality and can build up customers before investing $200 into a license.

Thanked by 1martip07
  • othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

If you dont need API/Automation then why not just use a "proper" accounting package like quickbooks ?

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

I use our homemade billing system,
    Of course, written by myself.

• I would use ClientExec over personal preference (WHMCS being first though). GUI isn't bad.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@AsadHaider said: investing $200 into a license.

Take 20 percent of that for their Refugee Discounts!

http://www.spbas.com/specials

• Any of the freeware open source suggestions?
    I use phpcoin, need some other suggestions.

• TazTaz Member

@qtriangle TBH, if you are providing premium service, get premium billing panels and not to be rude, you are selling whmcs service but you are not using whmcs?

• @NinjaHawk,
    I am a big advocate of opensource, so my first preference is opensource.
    I am also giving services in at least 20 php cms/scripts/packages. Does not mean that I have to use them if I provide the services.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • TazTaz Member

Not sure how you work, but when I provide service related to a product, I make sure I have a exact working copy of it. This is crucial, time saver and required for quality output.
    The only reason most of the outsourced support sucks cause they barely have a working copy of what they are supposed to help with and only read or follow a simple manuscript. Sorry.

• @NinjaHawk, working copy of whmcs is available free of cost from whmcs website, which can be used by anybody. If you want to use whmcs as billing system for your business then you have to pay for license.

• TazTaz Member

You can not use whmcs (can not access admin panel) without a valid license. Please proove me if I am wrong cause if that is the case,I have spent way too much money for whmcs dev task.

• Well I have used it like I said, you need to add license in your whmcs account after download.
    Not sure if they changed terms now.

• TazTaz Member

Not atleast in last 3 years I have been with them.

• appupvr93appupvr93 Banned, Member

Try Hostersbill (www.hostersbill.co.in)
    it supports cpanel/plesk/directadmin etc
    and free too

• Seriously. What's with all these old topics being brought back to life. >.>

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@NinjaHawk said: @qtriangle TBH, if you are providing premium service, get premium billing panels

Oh come on, that's total nonsense. First off price has nothing to do with being 'premium'. Second off, how exactly does it make sense to say that someone has to use a paid panel if he sells things himself, if a good free and open-source alternative is available? What obligates him to put down money for something that really is not necessary?

Thanked by 2qtriangle Maounique
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Lol @ hostersbill

No offense but Box Billing looks way better ;)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: No offense but Box Biling looks way better ;)

They've improved it a hell of a lot since I last saw it!

Thanked by 1jar
  • alfred011alfred011 Member
    edited August 2012

Hostersbill is a newly released. But still ok. I changed to it from acp

• I have been seriously considering Blesta recently and will switch once V3.0 is released with the new WHMCS importer module.

WHMCS support is a joke - along with security issues :(

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @EricCubixCloud said: WHMCS support is a joke - along with security issues :(

yes. their support is a big joke, that is why i moved to CE

• TazTaz Member

@Randy said: yes. their support is a big joke, that is why i moved to CE

What exactly went wrong? Matt never disappointed me.

• BoxBilling will be going open source in the near future.

Hopefully it has a large enough community to keep active development, but it'll allow a lot of us to improve it for our needs ourselves.

• Like to revive the OP's original question. What would You, the LET community, recommend for a first time summer hoster?

I need automation, Just something that can integrate with WHM/cPanel and auto setup web hosting packages specifically. What's the easiest way to get into this for some one who simply wants to target local businesses so they can jump onto a website managed by some one they trust ie me the summer web hosting dude, pay for a web hosting package and have their "in house" web person get to loading files and setting up their Email accounts without me having to manually setup their panel and blast welcome mail? I hope this explains what I need. What bothers me about the more popular solutions mainly is the cost to get licensed. My targets are very mom and pop type businesses in my locale, I just want to be able to throw them a card and let them jump on board at their convenience.

And if manual is better providers please give me a lesson from experience! Any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks!

• @Fliphost thanks Flip! Ever hear of THT or any thing else open source? I saw a demo site that looked less than promising.

Again good stuff. Need to get the feet wet and hoping this is a good way to do it.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@natestamm no I haven't heard of THT

• Seriously people. Let old threads Rest in PEACE!!!