Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple wont sell to USborn Iranian citizen - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apple wont sell to USborn Iranian citizen

2»

Comments

• @MrLadoodle said: No, because there is a difference between the government and people.

But you said yourself:

@MrLadoodle said: So a UK citizen can not complain about the US becoming a racist country, when the UK (which the UK citizen is part of) is also becoming a racist country.

• LAKidLAKid Member

Everybody is a racist....don't pretend you are not.

• @LAKid said: Everybody is a racist....don't pretend you are not.

I don't think anyone in this thread has pretended that they are not a racist

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Doesn't matter what color your skin is, I'll hate you just as much as anyone else. Equality in hatred, that's what this world really needs.

Thanked by 2MrAndroid Infinity
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@kbar said: how am I a retard? It's illegal to trade with Iran.

US citizen of persian origin != Iran government or country.
    By your logic, when US was at war with Japan, the internment of US citizens of japanese origin was strictly legal because they were having a PoW status despite doing nothing against US, even more, some of them fighting in the army.
    M

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@DanielM said: What a racist country the US is turning into.

Did you ever wonder where the US learned it's racism? Do you think looking in the mirror would be a good start? Of course we learned to be racists from our British overlords in the 1600's

You can spew all this anti-American crap all you like, but it shows how uninformed you really are. The Crown, and today Parliament is where most of the bad law of the past 500 years starts. American law may be bad, but we learned well from the masters in England.

You really need to improve on your delivery, as you've said many times in the past you have nothing against American's, only it's Government, then you make statements like the above, which can't be taken anyway except against the people. How racist has England been against the Irish over history? The French... Both Governments have their low spots. Until we as humans can put aside the difference we may have and focus on the similarities, I don't see this changing.

Thanked by 4MrAndroid fly Kairus jar
  • Blaming todays racism on something that happened 400 years ago ist just ridicolous.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: something that happened 400 years ago ist just ridicolous.

Why when we as humans continue to repeat history over the past several millennium?

• @miTgiB said: Did you ever wonder where the US learned it's racism? Do you think looking in the mirror would be a good start? Of course we learned to be racists from our British overlords in the 1600's

Finally someone who agrees with me.

• n0myn0my Member

US is accusing Iran for nuclear weapons when its saying it doesn't have em.. just like Iraq remember? they destroyed that country. And they didn't even find any WMDs... and people who suffer most didn't even want the war...

Don't want this with Iran now tbh...

edited July 2012

Racism isn't learned. It is a natural tendency derived from fear, an instinct.
    1000 of years ago every community was afraid of strangers, not only because they could have come to conquer, plunder or steal, but because they could have brought diseases (plague is just one of them).
    Religious practices were also a reason of fear, local priests and shamans were quick to point out the local gods would be upset if the foreigners will practice their religion and the punishment would affect the whole area, hence the "not guilty" ones too. In the christian era this was an attack against jews, muslims, witches, other christian cults, etc.
    All that was foreign, including unusual foods and clothing was slowly associated with danger and it is a reflex we can hardly blame our ancestors for.
    Diseases and floods, fires and plunder by foreigners, rape and "culling" of locals did absolutely nothing to reduce those fears.
    However, today things changed, superstitions are no longer driving the people, at least in Europe (US still has a very powerful religious movements that makes own "schools" and rejects science but even there those are not the majority while in the muslim world there are madrasses and things like those) but racism is still going strong and gets stronger in times of bad economic situations.
    This is why politicians can make wars aided by this racism and fears they know how to inflame and use. Push this button, the population of robots votes this, push this other one, they will start "defending" their areas, push another button, they will chase the "enemy" and reduce their power to vote, hence the politicians will increase their majority. The enemy will be the foreigners at first, the ones of different religion after a while, the ones of a different political convictions later, and in the latter stages, the ones not working or fighting decisively enough against the enemy outside and within.
    That is, more or less, the life of a political extremist cycle, be it extreme right or extreme left. Communists also did the same, tho not exactly in that order.

Racism is much more than just hate of certain race, it can include many aspects, when racists are asked why they hate a particular race, few say because they are different, but use other pretexts, and the big majority of those are sincerely believed to be true.
    For example, against the jews the christians were saying that they are killing infants to prepare their religious food with their blood, they were blamed for the killing of Jesus Christ, but also because they were using schemes to get rich on the back of the honest hard working local people.
    Roma, muslims, chinese, africans, etc, all have been blamed for one thing or another, some are even true to some extent, but this is no reason to punish every member of the community, even if 10% or even more are guilty of those things.
    M

• n0myn0my Member
    edited July 2012

@Maounique said: Roma, muslims, chinese, africans, etc, all have been blamed for one thing or another,

All races except "Muslims". And I dont think this has anything to do with religion tbh... US has diverse religions too.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@n0my said: And I dont think this has anything to do with religion tbh

I feel it has everything to do with religious intolerance.

Thanked by 1Infinity

@n0my said: All races except "Muslims"

"Africans" is hardly a race too. I can include Asians in the same idea, but I think it is obvious that religion is part of the problem of the race. It is all xenophobia, that is the root of everything.
    What is foreign is probably dangerous. Especially when it brings no immediate and obvious benefit.
    M

• ztecztec Member

People don't have any control over where they are born, therefore people can have different opinions then their government. I feel stupid that I have to state this, but it doesn't seem very obvious to someone here.

Thanked by 2gsrdgrdghd Infinity
  • @ztec said: People don't have any control over where they are born, therefore people can have different opinions then their government

This.

• n0myn0my Member

Before you guys say its Muslims that are the terrorists. Please know that Islam acknowledges other religions. Unlike Christianity.

M, When you include Muslims like that, you are including soo many races. Muslim can be anyone. Chinese, African, American, British, Indian, Bengali, Turkish, anyone really...

Also note the fact how many country US has been engaging in war with and compare that to Iran... I think its pretty clear from then on...

edited July 2012

@n0my said: Please know that Islam acknowledges other religions.

They do so for religious reasons, "the people of the book" are aknowledged because Islam is built upon previous religions.
    It is true Christianity aknowledges judaism also, the old testament is part of their holy books, but these "aknowledgements" didnt stop them killing each other, now jews and christians are allied against islam, mainly because jews couldnt survive there without the help of crusaders.
    Christian cults kill each other, muslim ones also, even different jewish cults are not going along too well...

@n0my said: Also note the fact how many country US has been engaging in war with and compare that to Iran... I think its pretty clear from then on...

This I didnt understand.
    M

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2012

@n0my said: Muslim can be anyone. Chinese, African, American, British, Indian, Bengali, Turkish, anyone really...

Where are the Arab countries? :P Souriyyah (minus Asaad) <3

This thread has gone from an Iranian being denied service from an Apple Store to religious intolerance..

Thanked by 1n0my

@Infinity said: This thread has gone from an Iranian being denied service from an Apple Store to religious intolerance..

I hope this is not a threat... Religious intolerance has a lot to do with US wars and this also has a lot to do with the US citizens of Iranian origin being denied certain things.
    M

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Maounique said: Religious intolerance has a lot to do with US wars

Religious intolerance has a lot to do with wars. Reality is US wars of the past 50 years have little to do with Religion, and more to do with Corporate greed.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said: I hope this is not a threat... Religious intolerance has a lot to do with US wars and this also has a lot to do with the US citizens of Iranian origin being denied certain things.

Of course it isn't, if it was a threat I'd have made it clear..

edited July 2012

@miTgiB said: Reality is US wars of the past 50 years have little to do with Religion, and more to do with Corporate greed

Popular support for wars stems from religion, finance for them comes from corporations. I mean the current/recent ones, of course.
    M