Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting with a free panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting with a free panel?

martip07martip07 Member
edited July 2012 in General

This is a simple question, for a company is good to offer shared hosting with a free panel like OpenPanel, Froxlor or Kloxo?

Do you think clients care about that or what make Cpanel so special?

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@martip07 said: Do you think clients care about that or what make Cpanel so special?

depends on the client. For example, I offer managed one, so they just have to email me if they need a new email. In other cases, I offer Google servers, so they can manage their emails. Maybe other ones want more control

• Use cPanel if you want to succeed.

• ZeroZero Member
    edited July 2012

That's not true IMHO.
    You can use whatever control panel you want, I know a host which use VHCS (yes VHCS) and the service is very very good.

• @Spencer

@Spencer said: Use cPanel if you want to succeed

Really, what do you mean with that :P ?

@netomx

So you offer Cpanel? and you mange it, if they need to install something you just install it?

@martinp07

nope, I manage it myself

• @netomx

Can you tell me more jsut if you want xD

di que si :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Heck, if you target your clients specifically rather than aiming for random clients, you can probably get away with no panel. Truthfully I've one client who even logs into cpanel. I don't have a wealth of hosting clients, but enough to make that number interesting. Most people just want a website that does what it's supposed to do.

Thanked by 1martip07

@martinp07 que quieres saber?

• @netomx

Sorry guys spanish part :P

osea mmm que consejos me puedes dar para vender hosting compartido sin tener que depender de Cpanel y Softaculus.

Ya que algunos piden Cpanel por la facilidid de clic y clic listo tengo mi web.

Ya que mencionaste que trabajas con hosting administrado, verdad?

Si. Solo ofreceles la página, tu haz todo. Si te batalla el command line, usa Webmin, que a mi me ayuda con los DNS. De ahi todo esta panal, creemelo

• AmitzAmitz Member

Talk english or fuck off! :)

@Amitz said: Talk english or fuck off! :)

I can fuck you.

me avisas

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@netomx said: I can fuck you.

Ahahahaha, that's something I'd say. When someone tells me "fu** you", I just say "okay, I'll fu** you, and it'll be hard"..

Anyways @Amitz does have a point, it's an English forum ;)

@Infinity said: Anyways @Amitz does have a point, it's an English forum ;)

that's not in the rules =P

• VictorVictor Member

Try out zPanel if you want a free alternative to cPanel. I've just started using it on my test box and it's actually pretty nice. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Victor said: Try out zPanel if you want a free alternative to cPanel. I've just started using it on my test box and it's actually pretty nice. :)

Did you install manually or use one of their scripts? Seems like something always goes wrong with one of their scripts for me and I've just been too lazy to try the long way. Also, would you say it's lighter than cPanel?

• VictorVictor Member

@jarland said: Did you install manually or use one of their scripts? Seems like something always goes wrong with one of their scripts for me and I've just been too lazy to try the long way. Also, would you say it's lighter than cPanel?

Just used one of their scripts for CentOS 6. To use their script, you've to make sure that some of the pre-installed stuff with normal CentOS is uninstalled(Apache and etc) before using or else the script won't work. I haven't had the time to play with it much, but it seems to be doing alright on a VM with 256MB RAM.

• I've been doing shared hosting for friends, family, community small biz, with Webmin/Virtualmin for a lil while now. It's great. Use it!