Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

38 VPS clients up for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

38 VPS clients up for sale

subigosubigo Member
edited July 2012 in General

I'm getting out of the VPS market to do other things and have some of my clients up for sale. If you're a U.S. based host and have been around for a while, here is the sales thread on WHT: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1171065

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

I don't post on WHT anymore, so i'll post it here: I'm interested in keeping them going.

• subigosubigo Member

@Damian said: I don't post on WHT anymore, so i'll post it here: I'm interested in keeping them going.

I'm getting bombed with PM's at the moment. If you meet all of those requirements in the WHT, send me a PM on here. I'll reply as soon as I get through the list of PM's I have on WHT right now (7 more).

• PADPAD Member

Seems like a pretty decent deal at first, the hidden negative is that your clients want to stay on that same node, without migration, so we're stuck with 450$/month coming in and 300$/month going out - if they where happy to move we (the respective buyer) could move them onto a much bigger and much faster node and take that 450$ as straight up profit minus any licensing costs.

So, for that reason, this doesn't make too much sense to dip into, on my end at least.

• subigosubigo Member

@PAD said: Seems like a pretty decent deal at first, the hidden negative is that your clients want to stay on that same node, without migration, so we're stuck with 450$/month coming in and 300$/month going out - if they where happy to move we (the respective buyer) could move them onto a much bigger and much faster node and take that 450$ as straight up profit minus any licensing costs.

There's only two servers, $131 and $101, which is $232/month total. And you're not taking into consideration the yearly payments, which is on average another $158/month. So it's more like $580 coming in a month and $232 going out. And like I said, the price is just there to keep out the kids who ask to take over the clients and have no experience. The price is negotiable.

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

@Subigo

We should really negate the yearly income since it doesn't really effect short term gain. So that's 422$ total, 190$ of profit. IMO it doesn't seem worth it but you have a point, some may want to pick it up for the hell of it, I just think the no-migration is a big turn off because you're loosing quite a big chunk of $$ in return.

I and many others would throw 1.5k at you with a 3month turn around rate, but then with no-migration it turns into 7months which doesn't sound nowhere near as good :D

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    1. Your company must have been in business for at least two years

Well that takes me out. Good luck and I hope your sale goes well

• TazTaz Member

Can not migrate? That would be huge turnoff. Assuming these are ovz clients?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@NinjaHawk For at least 90 days that's it

• subigosubigo Member

@PAD said: I and many others would throw 1.5k at you with a 3month turn around rate, but then with no-migration it turns into 7months which doesn't sound nowhere near as good :D

People will pay a hell of a lot more than $1,500 on WHT if you don't care who your clients go to. I've already had offers of double that price, but those offers always come from hosts in India or shady companies with private whois.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've found the company I want to go with (for less than the price I posted). And if they don't decide to take over, there's another backup company who looks like they will (and I know their owner, so have no fear sending my clients there either).

• TazTaz Member

Still. 90 days = Buyer has to spend 200+ more ( assuming an already setup business with own hardware and other goodies + add DA license) . With out all those raisins, I would have love to drop some cash.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@subigo said: Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've found the company I want to go with

Shuck, didn't even get an opportunity :(

• @NinjaHawk DA licenses are with the datacenter meaning you don't have to pay for your own.

• subigosubigo Member

@miTgiB said: Shuck, didn't even get an opportunity :(

You're one of the last people who I would think would want to have two servers with Datashack... no?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited July 2012

@subigo said: want to have two servers with Datashack... no?

It's only a few months. I have hosting customers going back over a decade, I know their longevity.

EDIT - Yes, I know hostigation has only been around since 2006, but I have hosting customers who followed me from i1.net days in the 90's

• subigosubigo Member
    edited July 2012

@miTgiB said: It's only a few months. I have hosting customers going back over a decade, I know their longevity.

If you'd really want to take them over, I'll give you the backup spot in case the other company decides not to go through with it. That other company is IPXcore/ @Damian .

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited July 2012

@subigo said: That other company is IPXcore/ @Damian .

I wouldn't want to butt in front of @Damian, he's still scratching at it, and this would be a nice addition for him, and honestly I hate DA, but have a good deal on code 500 licenses, but I'll take backup of backup if you want them to have a stable home.

• I am interested and will send you a PM here.

• can you email me some more info to [email protected]

• laaevlaaev Member

No RAID on your servers @subigo ? :(

• subigosubigo Member

@FTN_Kevin said: No RAID on your servers @subigo ? :(

Nope. Datashack doesn't have hardware RAID and I became anti-software RAID long ago. All the clients know to keep backups (we don't do that either).

• laaevlaaev Member

@subigo said: Nope. Datashack doesn't have hardware RAID and I became anti-software RAID long ago. All the clients know to keep backups (we don't do that either).

That is very dangerous.

• @FTN_Kevin said: That is very dangerous.

That.

• Not a year old, but I do HW raid and free backups, but I've only been in business a year as of today :)

• @subigo said: Nope. Datashack doesn't have hardware RAID and I became anti-software RAID long ago. All the clients know to keep backups (we don't do that either).

With the recent DS power cuts, that is dangerous.

• subigosubigo Member

@FTN_Kevin said: That is very dangerous.

@TheHackBox said: That.

It depends on how you look at it. I know from experience that a sw raid re-sync can take 12+ hours if your server loses power. And during this time your containers aren't going to boot up... so now, every time your datacenter loses power (I'm looking at you, Datashack), your clients are looking at 12+ hours of downtime, no matter what.

On the flip side, without raid, the server and containers are back up within about 20 minutes. And hard drives aren't what they used to be. 99% of the time you can catch signs of a bad drive way before it crashes. And in such cases, you can easily migrate clients over to a new server via vzmigrate in just a few hours. I know, because I've done it four times in the past four years.

And in the event that a drive does randomly crash, my clients know to have backups. I drive that point home often with them. They know I won't have their data and they will be responsible. They all have the ability to take full, restorable, openvz server backups. So if a server did crash, they'd point me to their backups and I'd have them back up and running in an hour. Point is, I can have them back up faster without sw raid than with it, 99% of the time.

Thanked by 1syaman
  • JacobJacob Member

Why not choose a provider that already uses DS and has prior experience with them.

I would migrate them over to a new server, same specs, I just get better pricing.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@subigo said: All the clients know to keep backups (we don't do that either).

About 50% of the clients are fully managed and you don't do backups? :)
    (I am not saying that they shouldn't do backups however I am wondering how fully managed service don't include regular backups by provider too).

Thanked by 3Mon5t3r sleddog tux
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We're interested. I sent you a PM on WHT.

• subigosubigo Member

@Spirit said: About 50% of the clients are fully managed and you don't do backups? :)

(I am not saying that they shouldn't do backups however I am wondering how fully managed service don't include regular backups by provider too).

For years I provided free backups to everyone via a dedicated backup server (and the SolusVM backup tool). And every other day I had people requesting access to their backups, so they could move them to their backup servers. It became such a pain that I either had to just give them a direct backup tool (which I did) or move the backup server to a public IP and give them shell access, which did not sound like a good idea.

My fully managed support includes setting up DirectAdmin and installing/removing any services that they request (as long as they are supported by Custombuild). That's it. Everything else is the clients responsibility.

• Still haven't heard back from you. Is this sale still pending?