Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GetKVM DE Location Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GetKVM DE Location Review

gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
edited July 2012 in Reviews

First of all thanks to Ashley for making one of their Tiny plans avaible although they were out of stock, but now to the review:
Plan:

KVM
8GB HDD Space (RAID10)
128MB RAM
250GB Data Transfer
1 Xeon CPU Core
100Mbit Port
IPv4 + IPv6
(Debian 6 32 Bit)
£5.70/quarter

Obligatory Benchmark:

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.1
Number of cores : 1
CPU frequency :  3292.710 MHz
Total amount of ram : 121 MB
Total amount of swap : 236 MB
Download speed from CacheFly: 8.64MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 1.29MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 1002KB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 391KB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 11.0MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.6MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 370KB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 796KB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 227KB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 1.21MB/s
I/O speed :  121 MB/s

Support:
I have contacted their support on June 28th regarding problems with IPv6 connectivity. Although i got a fast reply and they offered me help in setting it up the problem isn't resolved- (no IPv6 connectivity at all).Edit: Which were fixed within 2 days

Conclusion:
A great product for the price! I don't think there are many cheaper KVM providers in Europe with fast support.

Comments

• That must be my ex-box, as I canceled it just a few days ago :D

Great service from @GetKVM_Ash indeed!

• @gsrdgrdghd

Thank you for taking the time out to make a review it is highly appreciated and our first <3. For that i will be ever grateful :D

A note on the IPv6 issue, this has been fixed (About 48 hours after it was reported on our network blog). You may need to reboot your VPS via SolusVM however for the changes to take affect and re-load the network filters for your VPS, if it still doesn't work feel free to send me your root details to [email protected] and i will log in and take a look.

@liam
    Thank you for the encouragement buddy :)

@djvorp
    Thank you for your kind comments as always.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: A note on the IPv6 issue, this has been fixed (About 48 hours after it was reported on our network blog).

Oh ok, i've just noticed that:D Thanks for pointing it out, i've updated my review. Maybe you should update your blog post to reflect that the issue has been resolved.

• Your right, there should have been an update on the blog. The only reason it took a little longer is that we had to wait for a response from SolusVM :p

Thank you again for taking the time out to do this and I'm glad your happy with us so far.

• Bad Experience. Guess i wont keep my Vps for long.
    My Paypal subscription denied payment of the invoice and it got suspended yesterday. As soon as i got aware, i manually paid it by pAypal.
    On retun to getkvm web, i see that the invoice is still "overdue" , do you guys update payments by hand??

I got no email from getkvm, informing that the paypal subscription failed.

I opened a ticket 14h ago and still no reply. Emailed Admin and still no reply
    Support doesn not work on weekends, so if you have a similar problem, be prepared to have your website offline for 2 days.

• Hello.

It is clearly stated on our website that support is not available (Outside of network/hardware problems) on the weekends.

In all fairness, we can't notify you that your own PayPal account is having issues making the payment, if an invoice isn't paid the service is suspended 24 hours after the due date.

With that said im prepared to take a look for you as soon possible.

• Ok, i understand all that, but you also understand that paypal issues can happen to everyone.

My question is, i solved my problem, doing a manual invoice payment as soon as i noticed the subscription problem.
    Why isn't that payment automatically restoring account status? If you dont have weekend support, at least you should get some automation.

I have emailed to your personal e-mail 3 hours ago , and you didnt bother to answer me, but as soon as i post here i got an answer in less than 10 min.

I really enjoyed your vps and i intend to continue as customer, so i will wait your kind attention.
    Thanks

• Hello.

Unfortunately our current system does not offer automation support and is a manual procedure. We will be returning to WHMCS within the next few days (And this was already planned before this incident).

The only reason i replied here was because i was browsing LET on my iPhone, unfortunately i don't have email access set up on my phone (Hey, i need a break sometimes) so i wasn't aware of your issue.

I have unsuspended your service and replied to your email.

Cheers,
    Ash

• @teknixpt said: Ok, i understand all that, but you also understand that paypal issues can happen to everyone.

If your payment fails, he has the right to suspend your service.

• flyfly Member

Here's the thing. Payment is on you. If your shiz doesn't work, your shiz doesn't work. Its up to you to get money to the provider. In this case clearly there was something wrong on your end. You should not be blaming anyone but yourself.

• @MrLadoodle said: If your payment fails, he has the right to suspend your service.

Oh really? Did you find that on your own or did you ask for the 50/50 token? Please , dont spam.

@kbar said: Here's the thing. Payment is on you. If your shiz doesn't work, your shiz doesn't work. Its up to you to get money to the provider. In this case clearly there was something wrong on your end. You should not be blaming anyone but yourself.

Sure, but i didnt question that, but let me put this in other way: GetKvm has two payment options: Manual and Subscription (both paypal). If i choose manual, and lets assume my invoice last due day is on a friday, and i pay for it after business hours, what will happen is that my vps will be suspended until next monday, because they process payments, by hand.
    Now i ask you, is this correct to you?
    All i asked was some automation on payments.

Ashley must be thinking i'm a pain in the ass client, and all that shit, but Hey he took the best path. He solved my problem,, didnt make a fuss and even apologized (even tough he didnt have to).
    This is what all providers should do, unless they want clients for 1 or 2 months and then drop.

THANKS Ashley and sorry if i was rude.