Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seriously?

Comments

• Did it sound like the creepy old guy from Family Guy?

• 20+20 fee? Jesus christ, you can get a Kimsufi that's better performance, and stability of network than that, cheaper. too.

• 96mb96mb Member

@Jack said: Look's pretty good other than the response time but maybe they are in a completely different time zone?

and Don't offer 24./7 support.

As far as I know they are based in Toronto, so it means they should be living in the EST timezone.

• @96mb
    You should be: 768mbit ;']!

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@96mb said: not some random local nightclub numbers)

Maybe I should give you a call sometime :)

Thanked by 1klikli
  • 96mb96mb Member

@Jack said: Does it say on the emails about 24/7 ?

I don't think they offer 24x7:

Business Hours :
    Billing & Sales Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    Servers Deliveries Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    Standard Support Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    Emergency Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

See, that is the kind of things that I really hope the provider could come forward and tell me about it. I'll update my review in a bit.

• 96mb96mb Member

@miTgiB said: Maybe I should give you a call sometime :)

Sure, although it has been a while since I last updated my phone number with my Hostigation account and I have changed my phone number several times since then, so I can't guarantee if my local cellphone company has decided to give one of my previous numbers to some night clubs :) Lemme know if you find something interesting :)

• 96mb96mb Member

@Jack said: And you submitted at 6PM?

Correct, so it make sense on the support issue now, that's why I will update my review to reflect that part, I did not see it previously so my apologies about that.

And that's why I hope, in general, the provider could email me/comment on the review when I said something wrong. 96MB is a one-man shop so I do miss things/make mistakes once a while :)

• RandyRandy Member

voice changer<3

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@Andri said: They are terminating mine too, just now, it's a free VPS thou'.

me too.. what is my fault? :-/

• 96mb96mb Member

Post updated to reflect that they do not offer 24x7 support, apologies for the error.

@Randy It was a honest mistake as I have no incentive to "troll" any provider, Amanah could always email me/call me/comment on the review to clarify this rather than terminate my VPS (and possibly others') :)

• fanfan Veteran

You're not the only one, mine got terminated too.

• yomeroyomero Member

Wow!
    All are over may be?

Anyway, if was your review. I don't see any good reason to terminate it. Seems to be a good VPS after all the numbers IMHO.

• AsimAsim Member

@djvdorp said: Haha how childish of them :P

Ditto

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Maye they are just cancelling free vps, alleging "abuse" ?

• NightNight Member
    edited July 2012

You must have made them angry at everyone. I'm terminated as well (the free plan from March) :(

• RandyRandy Member

wrting a nev is bad in their eyes;-)

Why would you bother? Take a Host1Free then

• NightNight Member

@netomx Compared to Host1Free, Amanah's services were pretty good.

@Night said: Amanah's services were pretty good.

Not so good now, isn't it?

• NightNight Member

@netomx hence the "were" ;)

Thanked by 2netomx DeletedUser
  • I think this may be coincidence - mine was terminated as well, as I've just found out, and I'd been using it without issue or complaint since they first offered it.

• gianggiang Veteran

My guess is they just found out that they forgot to terminate 1 free month VPS after 4 months so they recheck and terminate all?

• 96mb96mb Member

@giang said: My guess is they just found out that they forgot to terminate 1 free month VPS after 4 months so they recheck and terminate all?

Those are two different plans, the 512MB plan was free for a month, which they terminated after a month, the 128MB plan was supposedly to be free for everyone, forever :)

• 96mb96mb Member

@Ivraatiems said: I think this may be coincidence - mine was terminated as well, as I've just found out, and I'd been using it without issue or complaint since they first offered it.

May be my review was the last straw, since all they have had, after offering free VPS to people and cost them money for a few month, is a not-so-positive publicity about them :)

@96mb said: the 128MB plan was supposedly to be free for everyone, forever :)

do you read the TOS? Maybe free if you maintain the 512 one.

• 96mb96mb Member

@netomx said: do you read the TOS? Maybe free if you maintain the 512 one.

It was a one-off special and there was never a separate TOS for this one.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NightNight Member

I submitted a ticket yesterday about my VPS being down for 12 hours (because it was, but it wasn't terminated at that point). Here is the response I just got:

Hi,
    There was some issue with the current server so we had to mark your accounts as terminated. You can sign up again using http://freevps.amanah.com/

• yomeroyomero Member

@Night said: There was some issue with the current server so we had to mark your accounts as terminated.

Da fuq!?

• 96mb96mb Member

@Night said: I submitted a ticket yesterday about my VPS being down for 12 hours (because it was, but it wasn't terminated at that point). Here is the response I just got:

Hi,
    There was some issue with the current server so we had to mark your accounts as terminated. You can sign up again using http://freevps.amanah.com/

That make sense now, so they want to get all clients to sign up again I guess....